Welcome Anonymous!
We host quality Star Wars sites - inquire at The Star Wars Rebellion Network  
SW:Rebellion Network
imminent-bean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:18 am 
Dark Lord of the Sith
Dark Lord of the Sith

Not a surprise, FPS has always had a bigger market than RTS and simulation games. And Lego SW is marketted to a bigger casual crowd.

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.
- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -
The cake is a lie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:18 pm 
<!-- Warlord -->

Indeed! Also because they have been released on multiple gaming-platforms.

it´s just because lots of people rather would tend to say that the most commercial seller would be rather a Jedi Knight or a X-Wing-Game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:59 pm 
<!-- Sasquatch //-->

I have to say that my favorite ability in Jedi Outcast is the Force Grip. At first, I was all about lightning. Then I moved on to Drain. I never liked Rage. Then I started a map in the Jedi Arena (garbage facility) that had this huge hole, and I now have this fetish with gripping opponents and dropping them down the hole. Long live Force Grip!!!

For others who have played, what are your favorite Force powers?

My Website

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:29 pm 
<!--n00b//-->

Push, pull, speed, grip, and force cheat. :wink:

With saberrealisticcombat cheats I don't need no stinkin' Force powers! Well, unless I run into a Reborn... I have to drain power, unfortunately, unless it's a multiplayer thing, and I've never been big on multiplayer...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:53 pm 
<!-- Warlord -->

DarthTofu wrote:
Push, pull, speed, grip, and force cheat. :wink:

With saberrealisticcombat cheats I don't need no stinkin' Force powers! Well, unless I run into a Reborn... I have to drain power, unfortunately, unless it's a multiplayer thing, and I've never been big on multiplayer...

I'm tempted to start playing again just to try out that cheat Tofu :)

I always went light side, so protection and absorption all the way. Protection always allowed you to go a little crazy with your sabre attacks, take on a few more opponents etc. It was a useful thing to switch on during a pitched battle, just needed it at a high level.
Absorption was a must for taking on dark forces - getting choked? Absorb it. Someone's turning you into a light bulb, absorb it.
The other light side powers ... ah... hmm. That would be healing..which has its uses obviously, but only IF you survive long enough to use it.
Force sense is useful...but, not overally. Speed is very nice as well - good combo with protection. Push and pull are rather obvious, however outside of single player you'll only want one - pull is actually damn good. Whip on protection, pull in the opponent and slice - then repeat.
Mind tricks was another useful one, blinding your opponent.

Nevertheless, I found lightside to be a lot harder than Dark - and thought they needed to be better balanced - absorption and protection were the only powers equivalent to the darkside powers, but you could only use one otherwise you'd run out of force power in a battle - so the obvious is turning on absorption. But in games against real people they'd be ready for that and wait.
What was annoying was how powerful lightning, choke and drain all are and have very little disadvantage.
Lightning was powerful once upgraded full, and could easily kill anyone in a few seconds. Choke disarmed people and could kill them as well, get it powerful enough and you can beat people against the wall with it, throw them off ledges etc. Drain, again, is better than healing as it kills your opponent in the process.
Rage was the only "bad" one compared to the others - even then it wasn't an extremely bad power - I'd prefer force speed myself.

My general feeling was lightside powers should have been more powerful in lower levels or there was a 4th unique power that was useful - something that slowed the enemy perhaps?

Now the question comes to lightsaber - what's your favourite saber and style? Single blade, arcane style or staff saber? Quick, normal and strong stance?
I liked the arcane style, but it was very hard to use - sometimes being extremely potent, other times a big weakness. Single saber was pretty useless once you got the choice. Staff saber was extremely easy to get kill withs, and I don't remember any real disadvantage with it - the only reason I didn't use it was because it was so easy (single player at least).
Generally I'd swap between fast and normal style as to avoid leaving myself open to attack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:33 pm 
<!-- Sasquatch //-->

I have the Gamecube version of the game. Thus, Tofu's cheat about chopping arms off does not work (I assume that Nintendo felt it was too violent to include). I also do not have a choice of saber. I do have a choice of type of saber attack speed (fast, normal, slow). In that respect, I usually go for the fast or, on occasion, the normal. I don't like slow, powerful characters in games. I usually go for the faster or medium characters.

My Website

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:32 am 
<!-- Warlord -->

Ah, crap - sorry DR, I was referring to Jedi Academy :oops: Forgot to add that slight detail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:21 am 
<!--n00b//-->

@Kryt: I figured that out pretty quick when only half of those abilities appeared on my game.

@Rob: Hereis a just-about-full list of cheats for the gamecube version. I could have sworn Gamecube had the same cheat, but it must have been X-box.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:56 am 
<!-- Sasquatch //-->

Yeah, I found those at gamefaqs.com. Thats the site I use for all my cheating needs.

My Website