• Of course!
    • I guess it could be kinda possible...
    • No way! It's impossible!!!
    • Rob's on crack

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of these days, the truth will be revealed. A Sasquatch will be found.

But I really hate people who make up these stupid hoaxes, because it severely discredits the concept of a wild man-like creature inhabiting dense forests. As if the idea needs a further bad rap...

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

I still love the episode of X-Files, where Mulder and Scully go down to Florida to investigate the "Skunk Ape", which is a local Floridian name for Bigfoot. Anywho, the way the episode ends, the Skunk Ape ends up being Ponce de Leon. According to Mulder's theory, de Leon found the Fountain of Youth, lived for 400+ years in the forest, and thus evolved into a Bigfoot-like forest dweller. Its quite ridiculous. Heres an excerpt from the show:

Mulder: "Ponce de Leon came here 450 years ago looking for the Fountain of Youth."

Agent Kinsley: "You mean that you think these... that... that that body... The one Agent Scully shot. No!"

Mulder: "After 400 years in the woods, don't you think they would have adapted perfectly to their environment?"

My Website

If he was immortal, why would he want to live in the forest for 400 years? Surely there would be better things to do that sit around and devolve into a beast.

http://www.geocities.com/xenogears23/Jokersinsigmgs.jpg

"Life is hard. After all, it kills you." - Katharine Hepburn

Also: Ponce didn't really care about the Fountain of Youth worth piss. In his journals, which detail over two years spent in Florida, he mentions the Fountain of Youth a grand total of six times. In reality, he was sent to look for the Fountain of Youth, but that was only a secondary objective; Ponce was out seeking gold.

Spain's mighty king was rather old, and his new wife was rather young. Wishing to have some more "fun" with her, he really wanted a way to get good and young- thus, the Fountain of Youth... Which Ponce could care less about.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I really have no idea about whom you all are talking. :?

@LLF

No, I havent. But years ago "Galileo" or its forerunner "Welt der Wunder" (World of Wonders) had an episode about that subject and they talked about that vid which shows a bigfoot walking through the forest. Than they showed an older guy who claimed that the bigfoot was him who walked home from a costume party and was still fully dressed in his costume. :roll:

@Rob

Oh, yeah! Those hoaxers ruin every afford to study such special kind of things, so serious scientists stay away of such kind of topics. :x

So today they want to make a press-conference and want to present DNA evidence and stuff. Check youtube the next days about that conference. But honestly, look at the eyes of that alleged Bigfoot. Whats that around his eyes? Human skin? :?

Who cares at all?! :roll:

I really have no idea about whom you all are talking. :?

Ponce de Leon. He was a Spanish conquistador who arrived in Florida.

I'm definitely going to be interested in seeing how this story goes. Im curious to see what the DNA will reveal.

Edit:

The press conference is occuring at 1:00pm PST. I'll be checking the internet regularly to see what these clown announce.

Double Edit:

According to CNN, the people who found it did not deliver any DNA evidence, and only talked about how this isn't a hoax.

My Website

Thanks for the explanation, Rob. :)

Double Edit:

According to CNN, the people who found it did not deliver any DNA evidence, and only talked about how this isn't a hoax.

Than its most likely a hoax. Present the body to serious scientist stuff and provide more and better picture of that alleged creature you have found, guys. Nothing easier in that situation than that. They have better refrigerators for bodies for sure.:roll:

Seriously. The fact that they claimed to have this body for over two weeks before going to the press or scientists just makes the whole thing reek of a hoax.

I hate stupid people.

Edit:

And to wrap it all up, the DNA came back negative for Bigfoot. Apparently, one sample was a human, and the second one was a opossum. Heres the report.

My Website

And to wrap it all up, the DNA came back negative for Bigfoot. Apparently, one sample was a human, and the second one was a opossum.

Stupid Hoaxers!!

Whats the reason for the whole show? Just about earning some publicity? Thats poor! :roll:

@Rob: Don't you remember the ending to "Harry and the Hendersons"? Bigfoot's territory, life & family would be in complete chaos from scores of idiot gold diggers just out for fame & fortune. It's better that he remain hidden in the misty shroud of obscurity. :wink:
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

• 4 months later...
http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/konfus/a035.gif

Is that Mad´s newest movie project? ;)

.... I feel insulted that my stupidity doesn't even warrant me a roll as nonexistent producer of this film that it's obvious none of us had a roll in.

12/14/07

• 1 month later...
Actually i was thinking of asking Tofu to produce the project I am currently writing. "Bigfoot&Zoot vs the not-quite-so-dead zombies of Skull Island". I'll tell you once I've finished writing it.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

Get it to me sooner rather than later- I have a school-issue super-dooper camera for the weekend, resulting from my volunteering to videotape our "Faculty Follies" talent show. Thing was totally worth the five bucks of attendance if you're a student, but I'll not trouble you lot with videos full of us laughing at folks you don't know when I finally get it all edited and posted to YouTube. At least this time I'll be able to post it at a decent rate- last year I had low speed Internet. The three thousand percent increase in Internet speed ought to help with that....

12/14/07