Incite Uprising

Yabby

Question

Hi

Whenever I seem to successfully incite an uprising on an enemy planet my agents don't provide me with a message regarding the mission outcome, but the system declares neutrality.

all the systems I've achieved this on since returning to SWR have not had a garrison present. Does this work differently if the enemy does have at least one troop stationed on the planet or is it a bug?

8 answers to this question

Maybe they declared neutrality, because their faction lost one or more battles in that sector so their popularity was decreasing. If that happens all of the enemy troops are gone. Maybe they have been killed by the revolting crowd or they just fled and gone to nowhere, though they never arive on another friendly planet.
Who cares at all?! :roll:

I managed to trigger an uprising a few moments ago on a system with only 1 troop for garrison. My agents did not send me a report about their success though.

They "continued" on their mission and some days later either that troop left (or was killed by the crowd) because the system actually switched to my faction.

Please note no other diplomatic action/battles occurred in the sector (so it wasn't an "external" event that changed the loyalty slider in my favour)

They don't send a message saying, "This mission is a success," but informants on the planet ought to provide you with information about it, resulting in a decrease in popular support for the opposing faction.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• SWR Staff - Executive

It works as intended, a system will go neutral if there aren't any of the opposing troops to enforce order. If the uprising reaches an appropriate level where it cannot be suppressed, then the entire system will turn to your side and remove all the opposing troops.

It's more efficient to start an uprising where the enemy does have troops. If the uprising is successful, the system turns and raises loyalty to your side in other systems in the sector.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Incite Uprising is one of my favorite tactics. It works very well for Empire given the abundance of high leadership characters

I too was confused at its use beforehand thinking it actually caused the enemy system to Uprise instead of simply lowering popular support for the enemy on their own system. I feel it works best to see it as Diplomacizing (did I make that word up?) an enemy planet, plain and simple

"I can feel your anger. It gives you focus. It gives you strength." - Nothing happens to Palpatine without him wanting it to...except getting thrown down that shaft ofcourse. Let's hear it for the Empire.

I think it is rather odd to have leadership skill to determine an uprising. Since when does the Empire have 'lets make a deal' attitude?. It would seem the Rebels should have that ability based upon Diplomacy and Espinogue skill.

Makes it even worse when the Emperor bonus of 50% on Coruscant to leadership. I think the Rebels should be good at creating Incite Uprising (by their name defintion using steath and diplomacy) and let the Empire be better at Subdue Upirising Mission with Leadership Skill and some troops to make them see the error of their ways.

Throw in a 50% bonus to Rebels diplomacy if Mon Mathma is at the rebel HQ or un-captured, AND give rebels a 50% bonus to Stealth skill if the Rebel's HQ is still in their possession.

That is what I am think to change to the game rules.

The way I see it, the Empire has the advantage as far as diplomacy goes. The Empire is the galactic government which has been in power. The Rebellion is just that...a rebellion. People are not always as quick to join a rebellion against a government which has solidified power. So thats one advantage the Empire has in diplomacy.

Secondly, Imperial diplomats can easily say "you know, not only are we the ones currently in power, but we have Star Destroyers and Death Stars. The Rebels have 'Bulk Cruisers'. I think it will be best for your people to ally with with glorious Empire."

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Secondly, Imperial diplomats can easily say "you know, not only are we the ones currently in power, but we have Star Destroyers and Death Stars. The Rebels have 'Bulk Cruisers'. I think it will be best for your people to ally with with glorious Empire."

Which is why I mentioned (in some other thread) that Imperial diplomats with a Star Destroyer in orbit should get yet another diplomacy bonus on top of everything else, just because there is a Star Destroyer in orbit. Now if the planet is shielded then the bonus wouldn't work, unless there were a fleet of ships capable of blasting through the shields, in which case the "shield negating affect" becomes uneffective. This bonus would somehow take into account current ship counts, current research levels, and ship availability in the sector. That way the "bonus" isn't just a bluff, but comes from the actual possibility the Empire would act on the "threat" (being an evil Empire does have some advantages :twisted: ).

Just an idea :)

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?