X-Wing Alliance

• SWR Staff - Executive

Well I didn't see a general topic on XWA. I'm stuck on Battle 4, Mission 3. The one where you rescue Aeron from Vergesso Base.

Yes I go in straight for the base, dock, defend myself from the Ties. The dialog indicates that Aeron's aboard and we're ready to leave... but the "Vergesso Base: Board" objective never clears. Nor do I get a nav point to leave.

Arg this is frustrating, been doing this level 10 times now.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Oh yeah, I can remember that mission. :? Either you haven´t installed all of the patches or you´ve just waited not long enough. Sometimes a mission in XWA just takes a lot of time until any other involved character has completed his own mission. If you´re really good in destroying all enemy figthers, you might be too fast for the game and just have to wait a couple of minutes untill the mission is finally over. :wink:
Who cares at all?! :roll:

• SWR Staff - Executive
I installed the 2.02 patch. Still nothing. Didn't see any other patch notes to fix this particular mission. I sit there and wait and wait, eventually they get enough fighters to kill me.. esp when they fly in under the range of the top turret. ARG

Evaders99

The cake is a lie.

Hmm, trying to remember that one... I played that game for a while some time ago and truly hated some of those missions with a passion- particularly the one where you rescue your uncle- that one took me a good month to beat :roll: try http://www.cheatcc.com if you want to beat it quicker :wink: (Haven't checked the section on XWA- It may or may not be helpful)

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

What I did at that mission was just to put all energy to the drive and forget about shooting. If you`re fast enough they even can´t hit you anymore. And never put your cannons on autofire in that mission. Otherwise both turrets of the freighter will shoot and the probe-droid is destroyed. :?

• 3 weeks later...

If you still have some probs with the game, I´ve found the old cheats for it:

Type ingame "IMACHEATER"

EWOKSRULE - invulnerable

MASTERYODA - endless ammo

HYPERMETOxx - go to level x

THETASTEOFVICTORY - win the level

KILLMENOW - loose this level

• SWR Staff - Executive
Trying to beat it without cheats. I've gotten to the last trench run.. man, restarted so many times. That one is tough, esp when you get stuck in a seemingly random part and die.

Evaders99

The cake is a lie.

You´re talking about the Death Star-run, right? That´s the only mission I haven´t completed succesfully up till now ( I don´t use cheats ;) ). They told in a gaming-magazine (Gamestar) that you have to put all power to the shields. You can also let the falcon stop for a moment and all Ties who follow you will either crash into your back or will fly by so its easy to shoot ´em.

Because of this thread I had to install the Tie-Fighter Mod. Pretty awesome! :D But I got to reinstall it, because the voice of the speaker is so dam slooooooowwwwlyyyyyy. :?

Edited by Eagle

The Death Star II tunnel run was 'effing hard. I had to do it a couple of time with invincibility turned on so that I could get used to what turns you could take at diffrient speeds.

When you get the chance, take the side passage leading into the super laser tunnel. It's large enough for you to finally shoot down the annoying Tie's following you. I think if you stay there too long the laser fires and you die.

:roll: *Shrug*

The only other really hard part I had was dealing with the space troopers and the turret that they'd set up in the one room full of platforms and things to run into. You don't have to actually kill it but it'll hurt you either way. The space troopers may follow you down the tunnel if you ignore them.

Should something happen to Wedge, like his fighter getting stuck and a wall and ceasing to exist, (rare but it happens) then you have to take out the little side do-hickey that Wedge does in the move first otherwise the core is invulnerable.

:P (I can't remember the name of it anymore! Need to go watch Jedi.)

Getting out is easy as hell, just keep shooting and keep the speed up. The only time I've been killed by the blastwave was when I actually stopped to look for it.

"Ooh pritty!"

*Explodes*

Awesome thing to do, edit the mission to put Wedge in the Falcon and you flying an X-wing or A-wing. Easiest thing EVER to whip through the tunnels in those tiny little fighters compared to the Falcon. :lol:

Good job, Wedge, uhm, Def. ;)

It´s sad that there isn´t any x-wing/tie-fighter game in production, even not in the future. GL please call Mr. Larry Holland and beg him to come back again. We want another X-Wing! :(

• SWR Staff - Executive
Anyone disappointed that the Azzameen storyline isn't resolved. After playing through it once, there really is no replay value expect to get the bonuses. While entertaining, I don't feel the need to replay it .. esp with some of the odd mission scripting bugs.

Evaders99

The cake is a lie.

Just prefer a good multiplayer dogfight... of course when this game came out I was playing it on 56K w/ 3dfx voodoo 3000 on MSN Zone so I have no idea what a good multiplayer dogfight would be, but if you want to give a shot one day now that everyone has nvidia geforce 8's and 15mb cable connections it should be fun :D

Actually... come to think of it, XWA was the sole reason I got the voodoo3 in the first place. I was playing at the time on one of the early celeron 300 (no L2 cache, horrific performance, closer to Pentium MMX 133 in terms of performance) by emachines and a Rage II 4mb graphics and the game would only work in software mode. The voodoo3 was night to day change and made this game all the more playable although I missed the Tie Fighter elements.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

• 9 months later...

Ahhh, another wicked game. I wasted many a long hour playing that. I especially like the simulator where you can replay levels with your choice of fighter and create custom battles.

As for the Death Star level....eliminate the ties chasing you and then destroy the super laser. If I remember correctly, this gives you basically unlimited time. Now, fly PAST the main target power generator and fly out the exit shaft slowly while destroying all the crap that blocks it up. Now fly back in, destroy the generator and fly out through the nice and clear tunnel at full speed. This kinda feels like cheating, but the level actually becomes incredibly easy when you do this (I got real sick of dying when the end of the tunnel was in sight).

• 5 years later...

In response to the OP, I'm stuck on the mission rescuing Aeron also. The same thing happens to me, all the messages say she's on board but the mission goal tab never goes green. I DO get the nav buoy though. I've got patch 2.02. I beat this game years ago when it came out & although I do remember this mission being tricky, I always used to beat it. It just really frustrates me now. I haven't played this in years but reinstalled the game for my nephews to play when they come over. I've looked at it in the AlliED editor & I can't find anything wrong with it. I can try waiting longer I suppose, but that doesn't make any sense. The Otana docking is a timer, "aeron" isn't a real craft, so she has no mission to complete in this level as someone else suggested. "Aeron" is just messages sent in timed delays while the Otana is docking in this board.

Off topic....I was pretty good on the DS tunnel run, You don't have to go into the Laser Cannon area to deal with the Ties. When you hit the cargo container room, slow down a little, put your cannons on autofire and take them out! Then fly the rest of the mission. When you enter the room with the Zero G troopers & the cannon, Line up on that cannon & shoot it. Keep shooting it until it literally explodes (it's very durable!) and fly on. Don't worry so much about the Zero G guys. They may shoot at you but they're lousy shots and are so slow once you pass them you'll never see them again. Continue on to the last wide passageway, slow down, shoot all the obstacles you can shoot...in a few minutes you're going to be coming back through this area very fast! Go through the last tunnel, shoot the reactor core and throw all power to your engines. I always keep that setting well through the wide tunnel when exiting (no obstacles bc I shot them all). I slow down a little bit when I enter the first narrow pipe and from there adjust speed as I see fit. Bc I went through the first part so fast the fire is usually well behind me.

• 3 weeks later...