Favorite Game Bosses

Sinister

Alright, so when it comes to the Bosses in video games who are your all time favorites? State his/her/it's name and the game they appear in.

Mine are:

Ganon/Ganondorf - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Metal Gear Rex - Metal Gear Solid

Kefka - Final Fantasy III/VI

Lavos - Chrono Trigger

Dracula - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Tyrant - Resident Evil

Nemesis - Resident Evil 3

Deus - Xenogears

http://www.geocities.com/xenogears23/Jokersinsigmgs.jpg

"Life is hard. After all, it kills you." - Katharine Hepburn

My favorite was Sephiroth in Final Fantasy VII. He took so long, and it was an intense battle. I also enjoyed the final boss of Twilight Princess, who was also Gandanorf, but in several different forms. That was a long, grueling battle too.

On a side note, I think this would belong more in "Outside Interests"...

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Mine are:

the evil white ball - Pong

the spiders - Tron

the suicide Klingons & Nomad - Star Trek

the ape - Donkey Kong

the UFO - asteroids

that spider - centipede

the egg - Burger Time

:D

@Sinister: I haven't heard of almost everyone of the "bosses" or games you mentioned :?

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

the dragon in dragons lair. 8}}

The Controller in Earth and Behond affectionately called the blender cause thats what he looked like. took 30 elite popel to take it out or everyone was dead. infact poeple were dead thruout the battle just had to be revived and keep dishing out damage. lol... this an MMO and it actually had lots of epic bosses like this. most faorite game of all time to me.

Hmm... *Strokes invisible goatee* I'm gonna have to go with Dessan as my favorite boss, from Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. He's a bitch to beat, but can be beaten... It just takes some skill and some cheap shots. :roll:

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Some of my favorites include..

Galaga - Galaga

Galaxian - Galaxian

Bomber - 1942

Mother Brain - Metroid

Thats just some.. maybe i will think of more soon..

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

First thing that popped into my mind after seeing the thread title was...

http://www.virtualfools.com/filler/videogames/contra7.gif

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

gah! why didnt i think of that one! I like this one better though..

http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Reviews/Contra/Images/Area8Boss.gif

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

The Butcher in Diablo. First time I saw him I crapped myself and my dude ran, ran, ran. It was the big fat f**k with a cleaver.

The first *pinky* I met in doom 2. Again scared me silly. Loved it.

The marshmallow man in the C64 game Ghostbusters. I always got squished trying to run through his legs.

• 5 months later...

Ok...this is going to task my memory from how long ago it's been since I last played some of these games, but:

The head creature from Super C

Andross - Star Fox

now, I never played either version of the original Punch-Out!!, but, of course, Mike Tyson

They never mention the head character, but Pitfall - The Mayan Adventure

Moving on to Computer games:

ok, I give up on this head boss - Alien Syndrome (I know the C64 has a version, I played the Amiga 500 one)

Devlin - Cyberia (finding out you have a mini-nuke implanted in your head...yeah, it'd give you a slight wish to take this guy out)

Prince Thrakhath - Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger (WC II: Vengeance of the Kilrathi was good, but the Angel Death scene and the lost cutscene explaining Hobbes' role made this version legendary)

My favorite was Sephiroth in Final Fantasy VII. He took so long, and it was an intense battle. I also enjoyed the final boss of Twilight Princess, who was also Gandanorf, but in several different forms. That was a long, grueling battle too.

On a side note, I think this would belong more in "Outside Interests"...

Sephiroth indeed. I also like how most of the Disney villains came out in Kingdom Hearts.

Ultimately though, Rufus Shinra from Final Fantasy VII came out. The whole Shinra villain is well done, and all the Turks within it are good villains with pretty cool personalities (except Elaine). Rufus though is just well put together as the quintessential bad-guy, and he manages to break free from that label in a number of ways while still holding true to it. If that makes sense.

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

AI! Welcome back, sir! It's been a while! First Wormie, then Scath, now you- the forum members of old are slowly trickling back in!

... Come on, Admiral Antilles, Trej.... Return to the forums!

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

This ought truly be in the Outside Interests forum... And there it shall go.

My favorite bosses:

-the Nihilanth from Half-Life

-the Kusanagi "clone" in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

-Darth Malak in Knights of the Old Republic

This ought truly be in the Outside Interests forum... And there it shall go.

My favorite bosses:

-the Nihilanth from Half-Life

-the Kusanagi "clone" in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

-Darth Malak in Knights of the Old Republic

:roll: Whatever.