Force Commander

Anyone want to play a game of this steaming pile of crap with me for old times sake?

Find me idling in #zoners on the irc.netgamers.org server.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Yeah Rob, it supports up to 4 players depending on the map. You can play as four, three, or two factions.

Skitzso, ... good luck :)

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

You know, I had Force Commander, played it once, and never picked it up again. I didn't even know it was playable online.

Send it to me Rob, I'll try it :wink:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I actually have two copies of this pos game sitting around. One was my copy then my cousin gave my brother a copy as a birthday gift and he never played it any. Paypal me the mailing expense and I'll be glad to send it to anyone wanting a legal copy.

• SWR Staff - Executive

I agree - it was a good game that, once again, got saddled by bad controls. A real 3D environment, unique gameplay for each side, no traditional resourcing - rather command points (Dawn of War wasn't the first in this), and a great storyline/music SW environment. It felt like a real Star Wars ground RTS... not a mod of AoE like Galactic Battlegrounds nor a 'throw-canon out the window' mix of RTS games.

If only the engine was optimized (for its time) and the mouse controls refined like Homeworld, it would have received a better status.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

You know, I had Force Commander, played it once, and never picked it up again. I didn't even know it was playable online.

Send it to me Rob, I'll try it :wink:

Alas, the game is no longer with me. I parted ways with it while selling off some other PC games I never really played on ebay. Now I only have Rebellion and Axis & Allies for the PC.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

I´ve never ever played Force Comander, because even the demo allways shut down. And I´d just waited so long for that game. :?:cry:

Any chance that there will be a RTS-Game of such a kind?

Who cares at all?! :roll:

Step one: Grab a game from the "Total War" genre.

Step two: Search for a "Star Wars" mod.

Step three: Congratulations, you now have a Star Wars RTS that kicks any other Star Wars RTS's arse.

@E: I agree; Galactic Battlegrounds was just a slightly flashier Age of Empires.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

You guys are too tough on good 'ol force commander--I played that game for quite a while, and found it fairly original. Rebellion shows that graphics aren't everything...it had a unique story and cool units and stuff...it really was the last RTS that had any different features from the classic build and attack format.

• SWR Staff - Executive
I don't think anyone was being hard on it, except maybe budious's first post :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Step one: Grab a game from the "Total War" genre.

Step two: Search for a "Star Wars" mod.

Step three: Congratulations, you now have a Star Wars RTS that kicks any other Star Wars RTS's arse.

Sounds very interesting! Have you got a link to a working mod?

Well... all things considered Evaders... my tough on the game stance is validated. My formerly maintained website has the only known Force Commander bug listing (only two shown). The third is more difficult to illustrate has to do with the game's fighter units. Fighter lasers have a greater range than the anti-fighter weapons and a skilled player can plant a fly over point and quickly withdraw and quickly attack again without ever getting hit by flak fire. You can view the other two for yourself here - http://www.geocities.com/budskorner/fcproject/bugs.htm

On the subject of the secondary weapon bug, I had verified this bug via email discussion at the time with the lead developer of the 3d engine at the company that co-developed the game with LucasArts. He confirmed that the bug would be easy to fix but he was not authorized to release a patch for it and did not think LucasArts could be persuaded to devote resources to patching the title as it was a poor seller. A 1.02 patch with some needed balance tweaks could have the multiplayer aspect of the game much more inspiring.

PCgamemods is supposed to be pretty good for these things, but I think that they've been down for a while.

Ask SOCL about it, he's the Total War expert.

Thank you, but this site is obviously down. :?

So, Master SOCL, you know any SW-Mods for "Rome - Total War"? :)

PCgamemods is supposed to be pretty good for these things, but I think that they've been down for a while.

Ask SOCL about it, he's the Total War expert.

Thank you, but this site is obviously down. :?

So, Master SOCL, you know any SW-Mods for "Rome - Total War"? :)

A Star Wars mod for RTW? Hmm... Can't say I've heard of one, however; I do know of a mod for RTW which makes the game much more realistic: the mod is suitably called "Rome Total Realism". The best version is the "Platinum" version available here. It makes the game much more accurate and realistic than the regular version of RTW. These are the only other mods I'm aware of. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

"The original game was released for the PC, but if they come out with Rome: Total War 2, let’s hope it is developed for the consoles too."

What?! How do you play a Total War game with a console controller 8O

• 3 months later...
I actually liked Force Commander quite a lot. My biggest problems with it was that you couldn't play "random maps" like you can with Galactic Battlegrounds. Any game that only allows you to play set pre-built levels (like Force Commander) will only have limited playability for me. Play it, finish it, maybe play it a 2nd time, then it sits on the shelf.