Reloaded Installation

ShyGuy101

Well I´ve just tried it to install it in that order Mitth has mentioned above and it still doesn´t work for me. When I try to start the game it says that no CD is in the drive. :?

I guess I have to wait either for the next Beta or the final version. :(

Eagle, try this:

1. Uninstall all of Rebellion.

2. Install Rebellion.

3. Run Reloaded_beta.

4. Run Setup.exe.

5. Go to RebEd and load the Reloaded cards.

6. Run the movie patch.

That'll work so you can play the game, but the planets won't be correct, though the encyclopedia entries will be.

UPDATE: Okay, I'm back to having Reloaded running correctly except for the system names. I went into RebEd and clicked the "Restore" button, which should make all the planets the default for Reloaded Beta (i.e. Coruscant should be Wayland, Yavin should be Coruscant). When I did that, I got the message "List too long: truncated!" If I'm correct, this means that the planetary names won't load because the names are longer than the available character spaces. In other words, you can go in and manually rename Coruscant "Wayland", but there aren't enough character spaces to rename Yavin "Coruscant". I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I found it interesting...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be all sorts of mixed results on patching the .exe with the setup file. Did you try to patch 1.00 or 1.01? When I patched 1.00 using the TC setup it broke my CD detection completely, it would give an error with a continue button, click continue and the game would load. Another option is to check my (x86/x64) thread in this forum and download the modified executables I have made. You can step all the skips I've listed and just place the REBEXE.EXE into the modified rebellion installation and see if things work.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Ha, no, things are still screwy. For instance, I loaded the cards first. Got a long list of truncated string errors for which I clicked OK to all. Then I tried to run the setup file for which it complained about my CD not being where it was suppose to be although registry entries had been restored to original. It couldn't locate E:\Rebellion\MData\MData.*** even though that was the proper path. Installer finishes after some more bitching errors and I merge the movie patch and try to launch .exe, it reports the CD is missing though in drive. I copy over my REBEXE.EXE patch to the modified Rebellion installation folder and launch the game. The planet names appear correctly but Coruscant starts with Yavin's properties (ie. 1 mine~) and no other facilities which if installed properly should have full utility bar like Wayland. So nothing perfect yet.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

Ha, no, things are still screwy. For instance, I loaded the cards first. Got a long list of truncated string errors for which I clicked OK to all. Then I tried to run the setup file for which it complained about my CD not being where it was suppose to be although registry entries had been restored to original. It couldn't locate E:\Rebellion\MData\MData.*** even though that was the proper path. Installer finishes after some more bitching errors and I merge the movie patch and try to launch .exe, it reports the CD is missing though in drive. I copy over my REBEXE.EXE patch to the modified Rebellion installation folder and launch the game. The planet names appear correctly but Coruscant starts with Yavin's properties (ie. 1 mine~) and no other facilities which if installed properly should have full utility bar like Wayland. So nothing perfect yet.
:? That is screwy. To add more screwy-ness to it, I tried the same thing and received the same truncated messages you described, but had no error concerning the CD. The planetary names worked, but then the encyclopedia entries aren't correct.

It seems that the optimal way to run it is without the correct planetary names, but everything else correct...

UPDATE 1: I have also noticed that after running the Setup.exe file, if you check RebEd, all the planetary names are correct (i.e. Coruscant is Wayland, Yavin is Coruscant), but all of the cards (character, starships, fighters, troops, etc) are the old ones--although the names are the Reloaded ones, such as the Palpatine card being named C'baoth, but with the Palpatine picture. Then I loaded the Rebellion_Reloaded_beta.reb file and it fixed everything else, but for some strange reason changed all of the planetary/system names back to the old Rebellion ones. :?

Okay, so perhaps uploading each card individually, one-by-one, then everything can be worked out. It won't actually be difficult at all, we just need all of the individual cards since the encyclopedia entries are perfect before loading the Rebellion_Reloaded_beta.reb.

UPDATE 2: Ahha! Eureka, I have it! Okay, I'm going to save each card, one-by-one, using RebEd. Then, once I'm done, I'll uninstall/install Rebellion, then Reloaded, but not upload the cards file (Rebellion_Reloaded_beta.reb). At that point, all the planets and encyclopedia entries will be correct. So then, once that's complete, I'll go one character/trooper/capital-ship/etc at a time and load each manually. In theory, then I should have all the names of the system correct, as well as all of the cards. Once that's complete, I'll save that entire thing in one file and test it. If it works...

Well, one step at a time.

Good... when you get it all sorted out, .rar me your installation directory cause I'm tired of mucking around with it. :lol:

It seems no one else has yet been able to get the new galaxy map working with the new beta cards. Well, I managed to get them together, with the complete beta encyclopedia articles, and functioning!! :D I installed Reloaded beta and installed the Reloaded beta cards as usual. Then I saved each of them as a new card...one-by-one. Then I uninstalled everything and repeated the process, except this time I didn't load the Reloaded beta cards. Rather, I went one by one installing each of the cards individually--each character, each troop, each fighter...every last one. This way I had both the corrected Galaxy Map where Wayland is the Imperial HQ and Coruscant is the New Republic HQ and all the correct cards without having the wrong names and encyclopedia entries. I tested the game and it runs perfectly! I certainly wouldn't say it was an easy solution, but it's the only one my limited computer know-how could figure out. I'm not sure if mask and the rest of the Reloaded Team have an easier solution any of us haven't tried yet, but in the mean time, I have Reloaded beta running the way it was apparently meant to.

I am thoroughly relieved and excited! :D

Sorry for the double-post:

I hope the Reloaded Team doesn't take offense at this or think I'm stepping on their toes, but here's the "fixed" file. Just follow the same process for installation mask outlined, but instead of using the beta files, use this one, which I have colloquially named "gamma". :roll:

Incidentally, the moment the Team says they have the fix or ask me to take it down, I'll take it down. It's their baby and I want to make sure I'm not trifling or treading on their ground.

More appropriately they could have named it "Alpha"... and given "Beta" usually implies something has basic functionality and is feature complete in general development terms...

Thanks for the file :)

Edited by budious

More appropriately maybe you could have named it "Alpha"... "Beta" usually implies something has basic functionality and is feature complete in general development terms :P

Thanks for the file :)

Well, I'm not a progammer or designer; just a forum moderator and gamer with too much time on his hands. 8)

Let me know if it works for you, too.

Well, I'm not a progammer or designer; just a forum moderator and gamer with too much time on his hands. 8)

Ok... Well I'm not much of a programmer nor a gamer anymore. I just made Rebellion my pet project because I had played it for so many years. My reverse engineering skills are better than my programming :P

My focus is on expanding compatibility, I got XP x64 and Vista support going pretty well and I think it should soon be fully functional in WINE for Linux and Unix as the developers have began implementing native d3drm.dll functions into WINE instead of having to install the Windows dll.

Also, ReactOS and it's directx equivalent ReactX are coming along at a pretty decent pace. It should have native support within the next year I hope. ReactOS also supports LiveCD's so I may try to put together a bootable LiveCD with Rebellion on it but not sure how game saves would work.

Ok... Well I'm not much of a programmer nor a gamer anymore. I just made Rebellion my pet project because I had played it for so many years. My reverse engineering skills are better than my programming :P

My focus is on expanding compatibility, I got XP x64 and Vista support going pretty well and I think it should soon be fully functional in WINE for Linux and Unix as the developers have began implementing native d3drm.dll functions into WINE instead of having to install the Windows dll.

Also, ReactOS and it's directx equivalent ReactX are coming along at a pretty decent pace. It should have native support within the next year I hope. ReactOS also supports LiveCD's so I may try to put together a bootable LiveCD with Rebellion on it but not sure how game saves would work.

I have no idea what any of that means, but it sounds good.

Did the file work for you?

• SWR Staff - Executive

There have been a few "alphas" .. at least released internally. "Beta" is = when the general public receives something, at least for most development cyles. We've kept the general usage of "beta" here.

Tbere will be more beta releases as necessary. But for now, I think the team is resting a little and seeing what bugs people report.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

I loaded those settings, and my system encyclopedia(sp?) entries are wrong.
That may be one of those settings I couldn't affect either way. I hadn't realized that, though. Even so, I have no clue how to change them. :?

Oh, and I like to call it "gamma", all. It's just a joke. :roll: And it's temporary, too.

Well lets just call it "spamma" now that it's reported not to work :P

Well lets just call it "spamma" now that it's reported not to work :P
Don't bring me down, budious. I spent two whole days just getting the correct map and names together with the beta cards. At least the cards all have the correct names and encyclopedia entries. The planets--well, again, I would try to fix that, but I haven't the knowledge. Again, what I created was for amusement until the rest of the team can tell us how to resolve the issues we have, including the one I claimed to fix (and notice in my posting with the file I put file in quotes). :roll:

I just checked the reported error itself, and it's not really that bad. It's just the encyclopedia entries for the original planets. In other words, what is named as Wayland was once the Coruscant place-holder, and thus has the old Coruscant entry. Hell, I can't even be sure the beta version has the correct entries since what I created is based 100% on that!

Ingrates.

LOL... yeah, I know, I pass out my fair quota of Spamma too :P

I got to finish a 5 page paper by Monday so really haven't given any trial to your file until then, my procrastination is only temporary around the forum to post my literary spamma for the moment.

@Scarlet: I saw your message in the other thread. This file should fix the Yavin/Coruscant/Wayland matter. The only error we've been able to find at the encyclopedia entries for the planetary systems, but only the planetary systems. All others are correct with the beta version, along with the new cards and such.

I did find one curious matter: the Imperial commandos are not the ones that came with beta. Apparently, at some point prior to creating this particular file I uploaded my personal favorite Imperial commandos card over the one that came with the Reloaded beta and didn't notice/forget whilst creating the file. The statistics and abilities are the same, though. The correct card can be found in the Special Forces cards of the Expanded Universe section of this site's downloads. Follow this link. Reloaded beta uses the second card: DT Phase III Regiment. Of course, that's a troops card, but the image is the one used in the beta.

Ok, I've just gone through an installed the BETA that everyone else can access and it works.

What I did:

1. Uninstalled Rebellion, and gave a new fresh installation - maximum size, the 155 or so mb one.

2. Check to make sure I've still got Resource Hacker, which is within the Program Files directory.

3.Re-read the instructions to make sure everything is right, then install (with the CD already in the drive). Let it go until I get a pop-up window at the end telling me that the installion is complete and there's a log file created. You WILL see command prompt windows - 1 window copying the files off the CD, another copying them to the Rebellion directory. And possibly a third, that might stay blank. IT IS NOT FINISHED YET.

You must wait until the final Windows style popup window comes up telling you the installation is complete.

4. From there, I ran Rebellion prior to putting the new cards in the game. The Planets had been changed, and then I updated the card via RebEd. As simple as click load settings and finding the .reb file. It doesn't appear to matter whether the new cards are added before or after the installation of Reloaded.

For me, this worked.

The main things here are a fresh installation of Rebellion, the Full installation (155 mb).

CD in drive before installation (I have a feeling inserting it during might cause the installer to hang).

Let the installation go until the very end. You will get a window popping up to tell you that it's completed and a log file has been made, as well as a button to click to continue.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Hi, I´m new on the forum and am trying to install the reloaded.

I have download everything is required but:

1) I have no idea how or when use the Reshack. Should I load anything prior install Reloaded ?

2) I´m unable to pass the deutsc box about module violation. I´ve read the faq and it´s said VMWARE should be disabled, but....I don´t use it. I have no "special" software running.

My PC is PIV, 2 GB RAM, XP SP2, updated, Comodo firewall, NOD32, Picasa, Directory Opus, bestcrypt......

I need help ( a lot :wink: )

edit: I've follow the process showeb by krytos and I'm unable to make it work.