What are people's 5 ESSENTIAL wants for Reb2?

Chimera

In keeping with the current gaming characteristics, you wouldn't want to add super extravagant options (say like a Star Trek cloaking device, although ... 8O ). Basically the options would have to deal with whats already available in the game: more turbolasers, ion cannons, faster recharging rates for weapons, better shielding, more armor (hull points?), better manuevering, more fighter capability, more troops AND gravity well generators. Oh yeah, and custom paint jobs! If you are up on th NJO novels, the New republic took existing SD platforms, gutted some of the interior and added gravity well generators. For all practical purposes the ship appeared as a "standard" SD. This isn't something technologically advanced, it's just that nobody did it before. It would have some give-and-take, add this lower that, etc. to keep things relatively balanced. For example: dump the troops, add "whatever"; dump fighters, add "whatever"; dump turbolasers, add "whatever". It would definitely make for some interesting ship configurations. The key would be finding the right "formula" (so to speak) for the give-and-take. If I wanted to dump 1 troop carrying capability, what would that be worth in terms of: the number of turbolasers, or number of fighters, or better shielding, or more armor. All of that would have to be worked out in advance to keep things "equitable".
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing about Rebellion which always had a strong appeal to me was that whenever you started a new game, your intial set-up, no matter which side you choose, was always different for every game. You could start off in a fairly good starting position, or you could find yourself in an almost severe disadvantage... I think that element should be included in Reb2, GaW, and even EaW if any of you Comand and Conquer guys are watching...
Mooninites Unite!!!

That particular feature is good, it is refreshing to always start in a different way. It really expands the life of a game when you always have to adapt to a new situation. Something like this in Reb 2 would really be a good idea.
I've just remembered i've got a signature!

Customizing your own ships is a key area of gameplay. I think that there should be a points system for ships. For example, if you were to put 10 turbolasers on a SD then this should take up X amount of maintenance and fuels costs. A ship with 20 turbolasers should take up 2X in fuel and maintenance cost. This way players will have to pay a heavy price for having an admirals ship fitted out with extra defenses. That way, any enemy ship trying to get close to the amirals ship will find it extremely difficult to take down, thus buying the admiral time to flee the battle etc.

Another idea which I had that would probably be impossible to implement here was to have a ship design section of the game where you can literally design any ship, any size any shape. This would be great because you would honestly not know how powerful the enemies ships were until you fought them. Imagine a ship 10 times the size of a super star destroyer. This would encourage you to spy on the enemy and steal ship plans in order to compete with that enemy and stay ahead of him.

I dont know if this has been discussed yet but I was wondering if the empire wide resources are placed in specific locations that the player is aware of, or are they just available for use without being stored in a specific place.

One thing I didn't like about SWR was that even if you were losing a war and were down to just a handful of planets when initially you had many, you still had the same number for stored metal. This is unrealistic because if you lose planets then surely you would lose stockpiles of metal. I believe that storage facilities would be a great idea. You could build a space station that could hold huge volumes of fuel. The enemy could attack that station to either destroy that fuel, or even capture it for himself. Protecting your resources would be a vital area of gameplay.

You could move huge reserves of metal and fuel away from poorly defended areas into your well defended regions so that the enemy couldn't destroy them.

Also, is there a limit on how fast supplies travel to your fleets? If your attacking fleet moves deep into enemy territory will it have to stop in order for fresh supplies like fuel and weapons to reach it? Or is it supplied automatically without any player involvement? This would open another level of strategy where you could destroy an attacking fleets fuel supply centers and thus force it to halt while it waits for resupply. Also if you were planning an attack on an empire you would have to build fuels space stations close to your frontlines in order to give your fleet a nearby resupply center.

what do you guys think? :)

• 4 weeks later...
I noticed that a lot of people are talking about capturing enemy ships. I think it would be cool if you could use those captured ships to increase the odds of a successful sabotage mission. just a thought,

the ability to dock and launch fighters while on the tactical screen. its very annoying to fight using anticapital ships versus antifighter ships and all the enemy does is kill of my fighters. if i dock them, i lose the ability to use their torpedoes to quickly kill of enemy ships without shields but if not i lose a significant amount of them. then i have to refill them from a base a hundred days away. ANNOYING!!!

Alot of the things I'd want in Rebellion 2 are the same things i've been suggesting in the SWGalcaticcivilwar project.

-1- Most important, the ability to capture ships.

-2- Next to most important, a veterancy feature of somekind. I Suggested a system to do that in once.

Actually Experience might be handy to include in some way.

Pilots and the crews of ships tend to get better with experience. If there could be some way for units to gain experience, by number of battles they'ed been in, it would even things out.

The Empire outnumbers The Rebellion by quite a bit from the start. The rebels are still able to compete because things like shields allow pilots to live through more battles and get better. The vast majority of Imperial pilots just don't live long enough to get better.

Experience levels

1- Rookie: poor performance

2- Experienced: Average

3- Ace: Units like Rogue Squadron and the 181st

For graduation from rookie to Experienced there could just be some kind of counter that measures how long the unit has been deployed. Fighters that have just come from the assembly line would have green pilots. After a pre-determined period of time they would reach experienced just from their own training that they would do. Advancing from Experienced to Ace might depend on the unit surviving a certain number of battles, say 3 minimum 5 maximum.

-3- Some minor customization of ships. Such as being able to choose weather you want the laser cannon or Ion Cannon version of the Carrack Cruiser. Being able to modify the Strike cruiser for different roles.

-4-

the ability to dock and launch fighters while on the tactical screen

-5- "Hidden" Side specific worlds like Byss and parts of the Deep Core for the Imperials.

-6- (I know you asked for 5 but this is a minor one.)

Golan Platforms! :P

EDIT: Wow. Did I kill this thread? nobody's posted in days.

• 3 weeks later...

I know that it has been mentioned before: recalling then re-deploying fighters (as often as you want). But I have a little "twist" on the deployment of fighter squadrons. Currently all the fighter "types" are grouped together, and sometimes the same type is spread out among a couple of groups (red, blue, green & gold). My idea would be to "define" the fighter groups. Place what fighters you want into each group, just like you place capital ships into fleets and/or task forces. That way there could be a mix of types within a group (i.e. Tie interceptors mixed with Tie bombers, etc.). With a mix of fighter and bomber type starfighters, you can get have a more efficient "dogfight". For example: Currently if I have blue squadron (Tie interceptors) attack starfighters and red squadron (Tie bombers) attack capital ships, if the enemy starfighters are all destroyed then blue squadron flies around like pidgeons being shot up by capital ships, while red squadron goes off to try & complete its mission. It's up to you to re-order the fighters new commands. If they're "off screen" during a battle or you don't hear the "So-n-so squadron requesting orders" then you're wasting your assets. If they were a "mixed" squadron, then by default the Tie interceptors of blue squadron would attack ANY opponent attacking the Tie bombers of blue squadron (with fighters as the priority, then capital ships). So if enemy X-wings attack, then the Tie interceptors would attack them first until all of them are destroyed or all the Tie interceptors are destroyed, and then attack any capital ships going after the Tie bombers. If no one is attacking the Tie bombers, then the Tie interceptors would attack whatever is the target of the Tie bombers. Should the Tie bombers come under attack by someone later, then the Tie interceptors would "switch" targets giving priority to anything attacking their "charge" first. This way your "bombers" would always have fighter cover (provided there are still some left to do the job). If enemy fighters are going after your capital ships, the Tie interceptors of blue squadron would not attack them (because their orders are to "protect" their bombers). With four fighter groups available, you could always have one or two dedicated to anti-fighter action, have one or two mixed groups to go after capital ships/fighters, or whatever. If going after starfighters, it would be nice to prioritize bombers over the fighters if desired. I would rather take out the B & Y-wings, before going after A & X-wings, because the former do more damage to capital ships (theoretically).

I hate seeing my Tie interceptors fly off after A-wings (let's say going after the Tie interceptors themselves), while X-wings go and decimate my Tie bombers because the have no fighter cover. Basically I would be sacrificing the Tie interceptors to the A-wings, so the Tie interceptors could protect the Tie bombers from the X-wings. If the Tie bombers can take out a couple of capital ships with the lose of some Tie interceptors, then it's worth the trade.

A strategy I have (as the Empire) is to have a couple of Tie Defenders, and everything else whatever. Usually all the rebel fighters go after the Tie Defenders and don't mess with the other Tie's until the Defenders are all destroyed. So, the Tie Defenders go off on some wild runs (via the navigation waypoints) taking the enemy fighters temporarily "out of the fight". My other starfighters are left unmolested in the mean time to carry out their attacks. Basically an expanded tactical fighter control.

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Firstly: What exactly is this 'Rebellion 2'?

Secondly: Some of the ideas below could be disabled.

1.) Integrate ship combat, construction, the map, etc. So you would have the map, with the sectors, etc (defined somehow) and when you build a ship there, it would appear as a nice, detailed ship. If it then came near an anemy, it would start firing. You could give it orders, stock it with fighters.

2.) Modular ships. Not necessarily customisable. But a ISD might have severable modules which need to be built. Say, a birdge module, various weapons modules, etc. Sometimes they would be customisable. They can be destroyed, with negative effects, and need to be replaced. For example, if you destroy a weapons module on a ISD, those weapons would be lost. They would be specific turrets and stuff. You could also remove them to send to other ships, and they could be snt between planets. If you need one more Turbolaser battery (probably about 50 or so) you can take it off that crippled ISD, or that extremely-damaged-it-is-useless-now one.

3.) History. Make it so it notes all events a ship does, battles it takes part in (which you can name), when it is destroyed, if parts of it are destroyed/shipped to other ships.

4.) Hyperspace routes. This would tie in with the map. A little 'ghost' ship could show them in hyperspace heading somewhere. Intedictor cruisers would project an area which could bring them out, etc.

5.) Non-planet colonies. Space stations hidden away, producing ships, or just hiding raiders. Make that opponent work out where that annoying band of carracks is coming from, or where that SSD came from.

6.) Various set starting points and stuff. Those have played MTW will understand. For example, at the start of ANH (it would have a time bar to set when, and you can set your own start points) the Empire would have a solid grip, while the rebels would have little. Things like the Yuuzhan Vong would not exist. Then, as time passed the empira would iminish before the rebels take it, other species appear, etc.

7.) Not a set blockade thing. When you come around an enemy planet, give it an option to blockade. This would order the ships to stop all outcoming craft, etc. Escapees could inform the rest of the empire.

8.) Various sub factions. Your ships can turn traitor, independant pirates, sometimes admirals might try to carve out their own little empire somewhere, etc.

9.) Traitors join the enemy. Simple-they would take control of your ships, etc.

10.) Chain of command. Your ships don't automatically respond, the orders take time to get there. Each admiral would command several ships, stuff like that. You could take individual command of admirals for precise control, but couldn't command everyone else.

11.) Named admirals, ranks, train them, etc.

12.) Ship Design. Like with the modules, let us design our own ships/modules.

That is all for now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Rebellion 2 isnt a real game thats coming out. This is a "what-if" topic where people talk about what they would like to see if one was really in the works. At this point, the closest we're going to get is Empire at War, which may or may not be like Rebellion
Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

• 1 month later...

1. Need to be able to make small custom mods to the ships using R&D ppl. ie. customize Strike Cruiser, Corellian Corvette & Gunship, etc. (smaller capital ships)

2. Ways for other Jedi (not Luke or Leia) to 'level up' quickely/effectively (other than pairing them w/ a super strong Luke). (Does that make any sense?)

3. More characters/ships/troops/planets/spec. forces/missions/etc.

4. More options in tactical mode.

5. No making Chewie, other obvious non-Jedi Jedi. (one game I found Chewie to be force sensitive, and trained him to b a Jedi Master.)

6. Orbital defensive platforms.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Customizing your own ships is a key area of gameplay. I think that there should be a points system for ships. For example, if you were to put 10 turbolasers on a SD then this should take up X amount of maintenance and fuels costs. A ship with 20 turbolasers should take up 2X in fuel and maintenance cost. This way players will have to pay a heavy price for having an admirals ship fitted out with extra defenses. That way, any enemy ship trying to get close to the amirals ship will find it extremely difficult to take down, thus buying the admiral time to flee the battle etc.

Another idea which I had that would probably be impossible to implement here was to have a ship design section of the game where you can literally design any ship, any size any shape. This would be great because you would honestly not know how powerful the enemies ships were until you fought them. Imagine a ship 10 times the size of a super star destroyer. This would encourage you to spy on the enemy and steal ship plans in order to compete with that enemy and stay ahead of him.

The General raises an interesting idea...'Industrial' Espionage. To be able to tell your characters to look at your enemies shipyards and steal the blueprints to all their ships.

Edited by Mitth_raw_nuruodo

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

• 2 weeks later...

1-Maybe they add nation or two. Ofcorse not playable but support and trade(include tecnology).

2-Customisable things(troops, ships, fighters, etc...)

3-Give commands while paused

4-More dept in space battles. Its good thing if they add land battles.

5-And good grapics ( (SW Rebellion)I hate tracking laser beams. They like locking missiles)

Sorry for language.

Here I come...

• 2 months later...

1. Capturing enemy ships as mentioned above

2. When a world with shipyards is captured you gain the blueprints for the ship being produced (if any) and can produce that ship from that point.

3. Choice of Era to play in (Republic vs Trade Fed, Clone Wars, Empire vs Rebels, New Republic vs Thrawn, etc)

4. More Infrastructure to choose from.

5. More combat units (both ground and space)

• 11 months later...

Most of the suggestions relate to space battles, so here are a few (hopefully simple) ideas to improve character gameplay.

1) Select default missions according to a character's skill levels, so a character with high Espoinage and low Leadership defaults to an Espionage mission instead of Incite Uprising.

2) Allow the creation of "mission teams", e.g. to set up Han Solo with two decoy Infiltrators as a team so you don't have to assign characters and decoys for every mission.

3) There *is* a way of training characters as some people have requested - send them on missions! An inverse learning curve would be good though - characters with a low skill learn more from a successful mission, whereas a character with high combat skills would learn little from their 100th successful mission.

4) Officers could have a visible impact on foiling enemy missions - where a mission is foiled because of an officer, the officer reports that they've foiled an enemy mission and gains an appropriate skill increase. Some missions would still be foiled by troops and/or fighters though, where no skills would be gained.

5) Retain random Jedi status - this helps make each game different - but definitely bar some characters from being Jedi. (e.g. Chewie, as someone's already suggested.)

That's my five..

• 3 months later...
why is there no ability to "terminate" the life of prisoners?

I dont know if this has already been suggested, but this gave me an idea that being able to integrate prisoners to learn the location of certain characters or planets in the outer rim they might have would be a good idea.

why is there no ability to "terminate" the life of prisoners?

I dont know if this has already been suggested, but this gave me an idea that being able to integrate prisoners to learn the location of certain characters or planets in the outer rim they might have would be a good idea.

Like some kind of "safer" espionage mission? At least from the interrogator's point of view :twisted:

-rebellion2 enthusiast-

Terra Reconstructed

The ability to have somone change missions while on an enemy planet.

*Sends Rogue Squadron on Espionage to Coruscant*

Alliance Leadership: We need to Invade Coruscant sooner! Quick, Rogue Squadron take down the planetary shields.