Video Games 2

Mitth_raw_nuruodo

So I'm redirecting a conversation from here, and trying to follow the 50 page per thread rule at the same time.

Xan asked if I had played Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in addition to having previously (and now restarting) ES3: Morrowind, and which I thought was better.

The answer is yes, I have played Oblivion. The game mechanics themselves are equivalent: every action results in some sort of experience boost, though from memory I can't say whether of not the classes of magic are the same. Trainers work the same, and you can join, and eventually lead, any clans/factions/guilds which aren't in direct opposition to each other (not entirely sure there are any either/or options).

The biggest change, aside from improved graphics and a new location (new timeframe, too?), is that they fixed the journal system. Pre-ES4 all information regarding mission/quest status was entered in personal journal style (information learned regarding quest x on day 22 gets buried by information learned regarding quests a, b, c, d and e on day 23-50), and the information is not always easily found if you get a quest but don't act on it right away. In ES4 they adopted a system that made it much easier to find quest info.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Collater

Index Fix

Unofficial Patch?

I've never played Morrowind, so I'm not sure if these are what you want. The second one references some sort of official fix; don't know if you already have that or not. The last link is the unofficial patch. Or I think it is. If you aren't using that, definitely try it out for other fixes, even if it doesn't fix the journal/quest markings.

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

Thanks for the links. Did you happen to notice if there are any problems with the mods and the no CD crack? My optic drive doesn't currently work.

I'd look myself, but I barely have time to be on here tonight.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

• 1 month later...

.... so I recently picked up a copy of The Last of Us and beat it. If you haven't beaten it, don't click the link I'm posting. If you have, enjoy this pretty sick alternate ending.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

So my laptop, purchased in January 2006, has taken another turn for the scrap heap. Until such time as I can replace the hard drive and some form of optic drive (internal or external, though internal would be preferred), or I can afford to replace it outright, I won't be playing any PC based games.

That being said, I have recently acquired Venetica and Assassin's Creed IV. Venetica was not very well made, but is still worth one play through (so far). My wife got it for me for my birthday, and gave it to me about 2.5 weeks early (the night it arrived). AC4 showed up about a week later, and Venetica got set aside.

So far I am loving AC4. Nearly the entire map is open. You can go from running around on foot to jumping in the sea, swimming out to your ship, taking the wheel and sailing to the next destination without waiting for a loading screen. I think in my explorations so far there are only ~4 cities where you can't get directly from the sea to the city without game mechanics and loading in the way. Another neat feature in this one is their mini game management. Since Brotherhood (third AC title released) there has been some sort of mini game. Brotherhood and Revelations had you training your recruits, 3 and 4 have you trading as a way to earn additional gold. The switch in 4 is that you can manage your trade empire off console. I use my iPad because my compy is out of commission, and earn ~20k Reales overnight.

I have a problem putting the controller down with this game. I got it the day it was released (never done that before), and ended up staying up until 1:30 the next morning. I had to work at 9:30 the next morning, and would have stayed up much later had my wife not noticed the time, so, yeah.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

• 5 weeks later...
  • SWR Staff - Executive

No Man's Sky

I have no idea what kind of game it is - something space sim - looks impressive though.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

• 4 weeks later...
No Man's Sky

I have no idea what kind of game it is - something space sim - looks impressive though.

I saw this earlier today. It reminds me of Project Infinity. Excellent concept.

2014 will be quite exciting with No Man's Sky and Star Citizen.