SVN Update Log

Lavo

Update: June 18, 2013 | Revision: 1066

Halved build time of diplomat ships, modified Venator, buffed Vast History tech considerably, removed XP bonus from all fighters, moved some files around.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: June 19, 2013 | Revision: 1067

Fixed several UI visual bugs, made a bunch of UI elements transparent for consistency, completely re-hauled experience points.

For EXP, they are modeled around how much supply a ship costs, ex. a TradeFed frigate costs 1.1 supply, so it yields 1.1 EXP upon destruction. For capitals and supercaps, the EXP has yet to be fully implemented (a special ability based thing, currently all of them use the common Gameplay.constants values). For modules/structures, I figured out some sort of approximation. In essence, due to their immobile nature, destroying structures is less rewarding then destroying ships.

How much EXP a ship needs to level up has also been redone, with the first level for capitals being 76 and 190 for supercaps, in both cases the next level up costs 1.3 times the previous level. This particular bit is up for change, though I'll need some feedback first. How much a ship is worth in EXP however, is very much fixed, as this is an easy system to use, and is fairly balanced.

Can you give more details, or does it seem purely random? More crashes is concerning, esp. as the mod should be up to 1.5x standard.

Update: June 23, 2013 | Revision: 1069

Finished up Independence S-CRS revising, now known as MC80 'Home One' S-CRS. Swapped out the CC-7700 for the Immobilizer 418 for the NR (named the "Immobilizer 418A" but stats are equal). Added a second Frigate Factory to all starting homeworlds when using Quick Start, mirroring the official 1.5 change. With these, all the gameplay changes of the next public release are done; all that's left to do is reversing the upscaling, and a handful of performance tweaks.

Update: June 23, 2013 | Revision: 1073

Reverted scaling to R1051 standard, changed up the scale of most supercaps and did some other minor tweaks I forget. For personal reference, this is the revision which was posted to the public on June 23rd 2013.

Can you give more details, or does it seem purely random? More crashes is concerning, esp. as the mod should be up to 1.5x standard.

seems to be in the early game, after taking 3 or 4 planets. no error message just a beep and CTD. happens with different factions, was not building any ships at the time. could be just me, maybe will try a reinstall if nobody else reports crashing.

Hrm. Perhaps it's related to hitting the 2GB limit? Re-installs wouldn't do much with the SVN, as unlike downloads, it references the SVN server itself when seeing if a file is up-to-date/in good shape.

Update: June 24, 2013 | Revision: 1074

Fixed fatal movement bug with Executor and Mandator, added proper skin to Vong refinery, adjusted Home One's speed, adjusted some lighting on a few structures.

Edited by Lavo

Hrm. Perhaps it's related to hitting the 2GB limit? Re-installs wouldn't do much with the SVN, as unlike downloads, it references the SVN server itself when seeing if a file is up-to-date/in good shape.

yeah it seems you were right on the money, thanks. I had LAA enabled for entrenchment but not for rebellion on steam.

Update: June 25, 2013 | Revision: 1075

Adjusted how culture repulsion works with capitals/supercaps. Capitals have no culture to start with, though "elite" capitals get it while they level up, to a maximum of 0.5 at level 10. Supercaps have a starting value of 1.5/3/6 and gain at a rate of 0.05/0.1/0.2. For personal reference, the patch for R1073 is this revision.

Update: July 2, 2013 | Revision: 1076

Adjusted Weapon Jam, adjusted ISD-I and Venators (all) costs, reduced Slave Circuitry to level 1, added some icons, gave ARC-170 team colors, adjusted Vua'spar AI settings.

Update: July 8, 2013 | Revision: 1077

Spaceports are now a 4 slot structure, values adjusted accordingly. Fixed Droid Control Signal, Superlaser, Ion Pulse Cannon abilities. Gave Subjugator Discord Missiles ability, added some icons.

Update: July 14, 2013 | Revision: 1078

All Extra Planets, No Forts, and Quick Random maps now have spawns set up such that no player is initially connected to one and other. Attempted quick fix with Miid Ro'ik's abiity.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: July 31, 2013 | Revision: 1083

Buffed Dauntless' ions, added new Vong SB constructor mesh, used Yorik-Trema for it's intended use as cargo ships, buffed MC80 Liberty, changed up MC80B/Independence abilities, modified most Backup Shields, buffed Hull Harden, WMD no longer needs research, gave Suuv Ban D'Krid a second squad, added more icons, other stuff I forgot. Adjusted prices of: MC80[MARIA], MC80a, MC80 Wingless, MC80 Liberty, VSD-II, VIscount, Venators, Providence S-CRS, Tector.

Update: August 11, 2013 | Revision: 1084

Oh boy, I will likely miss a lot in this, as some 89 files are being committed. Changed up anti-fighter frigates, buffed all fighter laser cannons by 5, added Rejuvinator mesh, rigged Dauntless, reduced MC80B stats slightly, reduced Lancer research tier to 0, removed income penalty from Vast History, buffed cost bonus in both Clone Masters techs, changed Suuv Ban D'Krid/Majestic supply, buffed Miid Ro'ik's firepower, removed elite Miid Ro'ik from play, increased CC-9600's weapon ranges, other stuff I am surely forgetting.

Update: August 12, 2013 | Revision: 1085

Adjusted anti-fighter frigates further, fixed NR frigates' EXP, adjusted health of most bombers, other minor stuff.

Have you got any save games (autosaves even) that I can test? What factions were you using? Also was R1083 fine, is it just R1084 or R1085 that these dumps have been occurring?

Have you got any save games (autosaves even) that I can test? What factions were you using?

both times started as alliance vs 2 random AI. not sure how to upload save games as I don't have any accounts with filesharing sites. as for which rev was working I have no idea since the svn was down for a while. whichever rev that we had before the svn went down was working fine.