Patch Causes Game to crash

rebelprivateer

Question

So I've been playing Rebillion now for almost 10 yrs now, and never had any issues with the game, I download the patch and update the game and every other time i played the game it would crash after like 80days of play or not load at all. I unital the game and patch and reload the game and no issues for 1 week now with game.

Anybody have any idea why the patch caused my game to frequently crash?

Thanks

Rebelprivateer

5 answers to this question

• SWR Staff - Executive
Are you playing multiplayer with those who don't have the 1.1 patch? AFAIK that was the only change with the patch. I'd expect 1.0 not to work, so surprising you are seeing crashes with 1.1.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Evaders99,

Yeah is was the wierdest thing. No I have haven't played any multi-games yet, just me and the dumb AI.

It has worked just fine also since, I have reinstralled it. I'm now playing 30-40min a day for last week with now issues.

Wierd Huh?

Thanks

Rebelprivateer

I've had similar issues. One reinstall, I had no music. Another reinstall, the tactical battles crashed every time. On another, it wouldn't accept my CD as genuine, no matter what I did. And I've had plenty of installs that worked just fine.

I think the game is just old, and we are all running it in environments it was not designed for. A few reinstalls never hurt.

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

1.00 was always more stable. If you don't need to play between "Rebellion" and "Supremacy" versions in multiplayer, then don't upgrade to 1.01. Multiplayer between "Rebellion" to "Rebellion" and "Supremacy" to "Supremacy" should work fine on 1.00

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy