Mitth_raw_nuruodo (and other lost souls)

Master_Xan

I say, "BOO!"

Greetings from Wisconsin. So, for a quick update (not being able to remember when I was last here...): I've graduated from college with a BS in Psychology, am now married to an incredible woman, and work as a Senior Therapist with an outfit providing behavioral therapy to children with Autism Spectrum Disorders.

I have 1 blood-relation nephew, 2 nieces-in-law, 2 nephews-in-law, and 2 'nephews' and a niece from close friends. No children for my wife and I, but we are beginning to look for a house to buy.

I have recently gotten into MUDing, and anyone who is interested can find me as Timofey on WotMUD. (As an FYI, you can't use their Java MUD client in Chrome. I know you can with Firefox, but am unsure of other browsers. Additionally, I've been playing Alice Madness Returns for the Xbox 360. F***ing awesome game!

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SWR Staff - Executive

Well since your last post was from 2009...

Anyway, congrats!

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Thanks, E. 2011 proved to fly by for me. I'm still trying to figure out just what happened to my summer, which leaves me unable to figure out where my autumn/early winter have gone.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

• 2 weeks later...
I say, "BOO!"

Greetings from Wisconsin. So, for a quick update (not being able to remember when I was last here...): I've graduated from college with a BS in Psychology, am now married to an incredible woman, and work as a Senior Therapist with an outfit providing behavioral therapy to children with Autism Spectrum Disorders.

I have 1 blood-relation nephew, 2 nieces-in-law, 2 nephews-in-law, and 2 'nephews' and a niece from close friends. No children for my wife and I, but we are beginning to look for a house to buy.

I have recently gotten into MUDing, and anyone who is interested can find me as Timofey on WotMUD. (As an FYI, you can't use their Java MUD client in Chrome. I know you can with Firefox, but am unsure of other browsers. Additionally, I've been playing Alice Madness Returns for the Xbox 360. F***ing awesome game!

Who's the lucky lady Mitth? Graduated and working in the real world! Good Luck on the house hunting! Make sure you get a house inspection, and don't expect everything to be perfect (unless it's a brand new house, and then it better be!). Don't be afraid of doing some "updating/fixing up" on your own, it's not all rocket science :wink: Glad to see things are looking good for ya :D

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

So, after a long journey searching my soul in the mountains of Tibet and studying with the great art masters of italy....

Yah, I'm joking. I am however married now. TO both an awesome lady and my job. I am *mostly* sober these days, as I finally decided it was time to grow up. I've bought a house, worked my way into mid-tier level management at my job, and generally have spent most of my time relaxing and playing some RPGs. I do pop in here once in a while to see what all is going on, but decided to actually post today for some odd reason. Hey, I'm odd like that. Maybe I'll be around a bit more often, who knows?

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Good to hear from you again BS :D And congratulations on the marriage & house, and most importantly "growing up" (plus staying *mostly* sober). It takes some soul searching to admit our youthful ways (just some of them :wink: ) need to go, and to move on to better and more rewarding endeavors. Keep up the good work, and keep your wife happy!! :P
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Thank you! It feels kinda good to be back here actually. It feels like I am supposed to be doing something around here... not sure what though. Oh well.

Also, Mith old bean, you are just a turbolaser blast away from me relatively speaking. I live just a ways across the river in the rival state of Minnesota.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

• 4 months later...

I thought to pop in to. Nice to be remembered on page 2. :roll:

Got hitched myself, to a Brit, no less. Not sure she's a lucky lady, but I'm sure quite lucky. 8)

Working, working, working, working. It consumes my soul. Still living in the DC area, now in Alexandria, though continue working within the city itself. Nice 30-minute commute that alternates between reading on Metro with people with bad breath or daring the streets on my motorcycle. I think the motorcycle is, in general, safer than the breaths.

Errr... For those of you who don't know, some of Ye Olde BEAKers and SWRers keep in touch on Facebook - to the extent anyone keeps touch on thing named after your face...

Anyway, hello.

• 4 weeks later...
Been there, done that. Even with the source code, I don't know there's much you can do. It's a seriously old game with many problems. I'd want to revamp a lot of it, interface, graphics, modding and scripting... it is pretty much writing another game :)

Wow!!

So what would be needed for a rewrite? Would we be looking at one programmer, or several? How much finance would you estimate?

Would LucasArts grant us permission?

I'm only asking as I think if we raised the capital, it COULD be done.

You have failed me for the last time.

• SWR Staff - Executive

Artwork, models, engine, scripts

Many programmers

1Million$

No

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Well the only crumb of comfort I can give to all those Diehard Rebellion/Supremacy fans is that I regularly do the lottery.

If I ever won, Rebellion would become a pet project.......I can but dream :cry:

You have failed me for the last time.

• 8 months later...

@Tex: Around here she's known as Bruja, in homage to her favorite literary series, Harry Potter. On the house hunting front, we found and purchased a 2 bedroom house in about six months from the time we started looking. It definitely isn't new (inspector guessed it was built ~1900), but it is infinitely better than the sh!t-hole apartment we were renting.

@BS: I actually knew that. Unless things have changed, or my memory is getting worse, you live on the other side of the state though.

So, new update: my older brother has had another kid (making two boys there), and Bruja's siblings now have a total of five children with another on the way. Current disposition is three boys and two girls; I'm pretty sure the balance will be restored.

I am still working for the same company, and plan on staying with them for the foreseeable future. I get to be a professional child, and who doesn't want that, really.

Finally, this lovely first day of spring, we had a high of <25 degrees (that's in Fahrenheit for those of you outside of the USA). Tomorrow we're looking at ~31. Might bust out the shorts for that :wink:

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

On the house hunting front, we found and purchased a 2 bedroom house in about six months from the time we started looking. It definitely isn't new (inspector guessed it was built ~1900)

Excellent; a house with character. Now you need to just add indoor plumbing :lol: and update the electrical to handle modern appliances and technology. Then insulate everywhere, fix the leaky roof and crumbling foundation. Hopefully you don't have to do all of this at once :D And don't worry about the FORCE "ghosts" that come by to visit for ol' times sake; they shouldn't bite :wink:

Finally, this lovely first day of spring, we had a high of <25 degrees (that's in Fahrenheit for those of you outside of the USA). Tomorrow we're looking at ~31. Might bust out the shorts for that :wink:

And to think my final day of "winter" was 95F in good old San Antone! What I wouldn't give for some of that "cool" weather and some RAIN!

Actually, we got really lucky. The previous owners bought the place for their daughter to live in while she went to college here. They remodeled the kitchen, redid the wiring, put on a new roof and added an attached two car garage. Their daughter then proceeded to transfer to a different college after being here for one year.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Woo! for you. There's nothing like someone else paying for updates :wink: I hope you both enjoy it :D

• 2 months later...

Nice house! Hope it's living up to expectations. Though re the previous owner, I'd be furious if my daughter left after only 1 year when I'd spent all that money!

If I had a daughter of course :) which I don't... but been with my missus for 13 years with marriage on the cards in the next few years and I expect children will follow a couple more after that :D

We live in a little, back-to-front 3 bed terrace (we're in the UK, so when I say little, I mean LITTLE) with a tiny courtyard garden at the back and a not much bigger and completely un-private front garden (I'm having terrible troubles growing grass out the front - not green fingered at all!); it's on a reasonable housing estate in a quiet - and reassuringly expensive - country town. (helps keep out the riff-raff :) ) though please don't think I'm a snob - 'cos I 'aint. I'm working class, what the ancient aristocracy would have called....scum. It's just that we seem to have more than our fair share of utter assholes in our country, both immigrants and our own alike (damn benefit scroungers! :) )

Oh.. the reason the house is back to front is because the back garden leads on to the road/cul-de-sac, whilst the front garden leads on to a path. How backwards is that? It's prevalent throughout this part of the estate and yet I don't think I've ever seen it anywhere else, ever. I've never lived in a house where the back door gets used as the front door and the front door gets used as the back door. Strange!

Little boxes on the hillside

Little boxes made of ticky-tak

Little boxes on the hillside

Litt-le boxes alll the same

It's good to see a few more updates from folks. Gives me hope for when I (finally) finish college... some day...

I've actually earned my BS in information tech, now working on an MBA. Married, one kid on the way. So busy I actually went a whole month without playing a single video game. Crazy, eh?

I am still working for the same company, and plan on staying with them for the foreseeable future. I get to be a professional child, and who doesn't want that, really.

Still working with the Autistic kids? My sister also works with special needs children. She loves it.

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

• 2 weeks later...
We need to start carpet bombing all the old regulars with PMs to get them to come back. I miss this place, and am running out of forums to get banned from.

• 1 month later...

I happened to decide to check in on the ol' place the other day, and I'm glad to see a few others still milling about. The missus' and I are currently in the midst of purchasing our first home...the offer was accepted and now it's the nitty-gritty with the inspection and appraisal. Hope to have the contract signed by next month.

As for work, I was unable to find it after receiving my M.S. in Secondary Education. So now I work a stupid retail-ish job while continuing the career hunt and paying off student loans.

I'll try and stick around!

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Good Luck to both of you (Darth Rob & Master Xan) on getting jobs. I know it's tough out there, but hang in and don't give up. It might take awhile but will definitely be worth it in the end. :)

Yes, definitely good luck with the job hunting - it can be damn tough out there for employment but it's a necessary evil :(

Though from the sounds of it you both have education on your side so hopefully that should bear some fruit - I will keep my fingers crossed.

Tex - I just realised:

And to think my final day of "winter" was 95F in good old San Antone! What I wouldn't give for some of that "cool" weather and some RAIN!

:lol: haha - you want rain... come to the UK! :lol: - it's always bloody raining over here!

So much so, flash flooding's becoming a real issue in some areas.

(yet somehow we still have hose pipe bans almost every summer - what the hell is that about?!?)

- in fact our summer has only just got started - and we're not expecting it to hang around long (a month maybe...possibly two...if we're lucky).

Then it'll be back to cloudy, windy and rainy... :)