MrPhildevil

Are you interested in my mod  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in my mod

• Yes
    • No
    • Uh? You have a mod?
    • Only some parts are interesting to me
    • Could you please detail your mod a bit more, then I'll know.
    • Uh, is that my work your'e using in your mod?

Damn, now I feel like Tim (see KOTF :D)! I slept before the upload was complete. It may have had time to upload, but that is not sure. I'll check with the right computer, but it ain't sure. Problem is we lost electricity sometime in the night...

Damn, now I feel like Tim (see KOTF :D)! I slept before the upload was complete. It may have had time to upload, but that is not sure. I'll check with the right computer, but it ain't sure. Problem is we lost electricity sometime in the night...

What's KOTF and who's Tim? ...

Electricity is a wonderful convenience, completely taken "for granted" until it's no longer there :wink: Glad to see you got everything put together!

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

WEll, Tim is a turkish guy who basically stole a lot of modder's work and said he'd do something with-it, which he partially did, but got blamed with reason by a lot of people. He had a forum back in the day and if you tried to criticise any of his work, you'd either loose your message or be bannished. Not to mention his famous "countdowns" to realease that he virtually never respected. On top of that, he tried to get paid for his work on said mod... Basically, not a very appreciated lad. And his mod was considered to be a virus by some anti-virus...

Google "KOTF" and you'll see his website. I still go there sometimes to see if he'll ever release his part 2 of his mod :P

• 2 weeks later...

Unless you modified the executable, then you should be able to upgrade with the official patch, or drop in one of my executable replacements and the mod should load nomrally, well may require some additional work, I did this all a while back so I'm kind of fuzzy to what the hell I was doing at the time too, lol. At the most you may need to offload the complete installation to install directory and tweak the registry slightly. Doesn't hurt to try.

Anyways, my vanilla fix is just install VirtualBox (free) and install Windows XP 32-bit (*cough*) and install Rebellion (*cough cough*) the traditional way with no hacks. Then you can scale up the game resolution using VirtualBox's virtual machine scaling mode to fit the destkop as you desire. Easier than pie and less bothersome than my old work arounds... but I digress. Just see the pic.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4869/swrebellion.png

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Unless you modified the executable, then you should be able to upgrade with the official patch, or drop in one of my executable replacements and the mod should load nomrally, well may require some additional work, I did this all a while back so I'm kind of fuzzy to what the hell I was doing at the time too, lol. At the most you may need to offload the complete installation to install directory and tweak the registry slightly. Doesn't hurt to try.

As a matter of fact, I did what you said, minus the registry tweak. By now, I was hoping to receive some kind of feedback as to whether it worked on vista/7 64 bit or not. It should. And yup I *cough* uploaded the whole c0mplete 1nstallation.

• 4 weeks later...

As a matter of fact, I did what you said, minus the registry tweak. By now, I was hoping to receive some kind of feedback as to whether it worked on vista/7 64 bit or not. It should. And yup I *cough* uploaded the whole c0mplete 1nstallation.

Mate add me in msn dth10733@bigpond.net.au and email please

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello MrPhildevil. I've read through your topic here and this mod you're working on looks very impressive. As to your question why not create a 4shared folder and upload it there? Yes a 477mb file will take probably a good portion of the day to upload on a free account but the free version allows 15 gigs and will give you a chance to show off the beta version of your mod. Lol I'm not trying to be a salesman but I really want to play your mod :wink: You could also go with squidoo or yes moddb as well. Unless of course I missed something and the beta is available somewhere that I didn't read enough just disregard this post.

Cheers,

xDx

Hi again MrPhildevil. The link works good. The mdata folder transferred over fine as well. First impression... beautiful planets skins. I looked through the pics as well real quick and I like how you found a young pic of Thrawn during the Civil War. Well done :) Only thing negative I can say is I don;t like the pic for Vader. Perhaps you can use that one for the screen of Vader and Luke fighting? Anyways thanks a lot for the quick reply and quick upload. I'm looking forward to getting lost in a game of Rebellion tonight.

Cheers

The encyclopedia pic... it's the pic of him and Luke on Cloud City after the lightsaber duel. It's not a big deal really, "negative " was too strong a word as I don't like to be a nitpicker especially not even playing the mod at that point. But having played through a nice epic game on the Empire side I must say for a beta it is a good mod. I love the addition of battlestations and the fact they actually don't move is even better :) Too bad it seems this site is dead pretty much because itwould really be nice to give this TC a go in MP. Anyways my apologies for the crit just glad to have some freshness (for myself anyhow) in this old gem of a game. Now I just got to figure out how to add models myself so I can tinker around with it ;)

• 5 months later...

I feel really sorry for not having checked my Private Messages for virtually a year. Actually, I was a bit frustrated of modding the game graphics because of the restrictions you have. And I couldn't find a way to import more than one graphic after another into the game. When editing a whole interface, that's really annoying.

Anyway, it's somehow great to see that some things were reused! If there is still demand for my interface: I have everything on my hard drive, ready and waiting.

~ Per aspera ad astra ~

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded the mod from 4shared and see that it is something around 180MB. A few posts up you mention that the total mod is 422MB, is there a link for that around anywhere still? Or is the 183MB beta2 mod the proper one to get?

I play Rebellion off and on still even after all these years and just stumbled upon this mod. It looks REALLY great and Id love to try it out :D

I'll host-it today, but it takes so long and gets taken down so fast...! By the way, this version should work for just any system you may have, whether it be vista, xp, W7 or else, 32 bits or 64 bits and if a friend of yours has the exact same, whether he has 64bit or 32 unlike you shouldn't matter either. The only thing is DO NOT INSTALL WINDOWS 8, or if you do, be sure you have another OS, whether it is a virtual machine or whatever else. You'll still be able to play, just the graphic will be very ugly, with colors and orientation messed-up!

Oh, I just looked. What you downloaded is the beta v2 and It actually IS 183 MB! Would you please try-it and tell-me if it does work? I tried on my computer, but it is missing a dlll (for 64-bit only; you can get-it off the net for free, just dump-it along with the other ones). It may not be the most recent version, but I did not change much and don't plan to till I get Rebellion to work better than it does now...

I just installed the game and have not played a full game yet. I did look through everything as the Empire for about 15 minutes and noted some things for you to look into:

several sectors say "sector" twice

sectors on the far right side of the screen (when playing Imperials) have their name partially cut off by the UI

Metellos has the same planet icon as Coruscant, intentional?

Colors of all units and structures in the "units" window for each planet look a bit strange, might be normal and intended. Using Windows7 x64, regular SW Rebellion does not have this weird color effect. It may be normal though, I dont know what the icons are supposed to look like. It just seems that many unit icons have a strange coloring to them.

Tie Scimitar has incorrect grammar in its encyclopedia entry, should say: has a reinforced hull", currently says: "has a reinforce hull"

Some new units, like the Tie Scimitar, Encorcer Cruiser, and XQ2 Commercial Station do not list shield strength, fighter/troop carrying capacity, and weapons amounts like normal units from the game do. Makes it very hard to judge their abilities. Typing out a description of what each one has (which only a single one did this that I saw) is not adequate since it breaks the normal cycle of how things are presented to the user. All units should have their stats listed in the exact same way with a description underneath it all.

Text boxes in the window for creating units and such needs to be reverted back to English. Far to difficult to know what button does what when the language is in SW Basic.

Marauder Corvette is buildable as the Empire, but the encyclopedia description says it is a Republic vessel. Also this unit too is missing weapon, shield, and carrying listings.

Corellian Corvette is buildable as the Empire. Intentional? If so then it kinda makes the Carrack Light Cruiser almost pointless

Why cant Ysanne Isard become an admiral? Not only did she command the Galactic Empire for a short while but also was in command of the Lusankya

Too hard to see icons in some windows, like the Units window for a planet and when looking at fleets. Perhaps use a much darker background or just black rather than an image in these places.

Not really liking the Sandcrawler icon as the new mine on planets. The Sandcrawler is hardly a mine and doesnt depict what the building is actually for.

Is the Spice Triangle supposed to not highlight during the introductory briefing when the protocol droid lists unidentified planets?

Those are just the issues I saw for now in this beta 2. The galaxy looks really good and everything seems quite well done. Easily the best TC mod I have seen yet and definitely shows off the amount of work you have put into it :D I will start and actual game tomorrow and let you know how I think it plays with the researching/building of units and their strengths.

I have played about an hour in a game so far, only on day 70 though. A couple more things I noticed (this time playing as New Republic):

E-Wing fighters are still listed as Y-Wings in the combat window where it says how many are left

the Deep Core is an unexplored area? Im not sure if this was intentional or not since I recognize the names of just about all those planets from the books.

The interface needs a bit of polishing for the New Republic, mainly down at the bottom where the buttons are to get to different areas. Right now it looks like the icons are just kinda floating in random spots because there is nothing to differentiate why those icons are supposed to be there.

Also, difficulty might need some tweaking down the road. I am playing on intermediate for now to get the hang of the new ships and interface and I am on day 70 with good portion of the galaxy under my control. I also seem to have a fleet that is a match for much of the Imperial ships at the start of the game. I dont know if you intended to have both factions start out with equal capital ships or not. Here is a screen shot of my game:

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8976/rebellionbetatest.jpg

Loving the mod so far though :D