new tool:Star Wars Rebellion Data Editor (swrde)

errantone

Do you still have a copy of this utility, Dire? The link is broken and I'd really love to tinker with this sometime.

Utility? Oh you mean SWRDE? I thought you asked about the hexeditor for a moment... :mrgreen:

Mmm, yes i have the zips for SWRDE 1.2 beta. and 2.1 beta.

Sorry for taking long to reply, i had forgotten that i posted here.

Sadly though you can only edit the rebels with it, still have to go with hexeditor to do the imps.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been looking for quite some time, but all previous download links appear to be dead. Does anyone know where I could get SWRDE from, now? Or maybe upload the latest version to swrebellion.com?

It's all hopeless but otherwise not very dramatic. - Helme Haffax

Englishman: "What do you think of Modern Civilization?"

Mahatma Gandhi: "That would be a good idea."

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

There was a discussion about RebEd working under W7 in another thread. It will if you edit the registry for SW rebellion properly (it has to do with the install to get the main game to work under W7) so RebEd can find it. RebEd looks for it in the directory the files it needs to modify. I have it working.

Here it is, though the thread is a bit of a mess.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=28202&p=549474#p549474 getting RebEd to work.

---------------------------------------excerpt------------------

I found the SWRE Editor and will upload here here later. As for getting the RebEd .26 running, you need to edit the registry for example like this for ONLY Windows 7 64 bit OS (it is different for W7 32 bit)

Using RegEdit add this to the registry or download the reg file and just add click install it. This is verified to work. :!:

Make sure to move your Rebellion install folder to and rename it as C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion\

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion]

"TooBigLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"DllLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"DataLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"InstalledLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"EncyLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\EDATA"

RebEd needs to find the DATA folders for Gdata, and Encyclopedia locations for the pictures.

• 2 years later...
Can we still get it?

get what?

Rebed is still available for download, but it can be a hassle to get running. There are forum posts about it in this forum though.

• 1 year later...
Link is down plz reupload. This is a really cool tool and we can't find it anywhere. If the developer is still developing it and is accepting requests, maybe the program can let us edit and save all the fields and not just some. Understandably that means we can corrupt our copy but its a risk we're willing to take. A tool like this can give unique insight into the game's mechanics and reveals the role of hidden variables (like political influence of various troops and ships). thx

• 1 year later...