Comic book fanatic chiming in

Captain_America

I live in a suburb of Chicago, and have been lingering around this site off and on for about a decade. A friend of mine turned me on to Rebellion and your site, so I bought a second hand copy of the game at an Egghead store(are there any of those open any more?), and downloaded RebEd. It didn't take me long to get the swing of how it worked, and quickly became a fan of all of the customizable features. After about a year or two, some issues in my life forced me to shelf the game for several years.

One day, a different friend of mine gave me an old (windows 98) laptop. The battery was horrible, so I had to always keep it plugged in, and it was already out of date, so the machine wouldn't run much. I pulled out Rebellion and downloaded RebEd again. This time I really started using the customizable graphics feature in RebEd more than I did before. Being a long time fan of Marvel comics, I decided to swap out all of the graphics for my favorite superheroes. Considering that the story of Jean Grey (X-men) leaving to turn into the Phoenix fit so nicely into the Luke Skywalker slot, going to Dagobah and returning as a Jedi, I decided to go with an X-Men theme. I painstakingly created every card with the best graphics I could find. Then I started swapping out the troops and special forces with associated groups like the New Mutants and the Hellions. About the time I began working on the capital ships and fighters, someone who shall remain nameless inadvertanly spilled a carbonated soda into the laptop keyboard. The work was gone and the laptop was too outdated to put any money into rescuing it.

After a couple of more years, I bought myself a Vista laptop. I quickly learned that Vista does not like Rebellion as much as I do. I came back to this site and located the answer to running the game on my laptop. Once I got it working, I came back to download the patch to get the droid game tutorial to run through quickly, and of course download my third copy of RebEd. I decided to start making cards from Marvel comics again, but this time I would focus on the Avengers and the more cosmic heroes. So far, everything is moving along according to plan.

I just want to say that I appreciate everything you guys do to support this game. So, here is to the folks at swrebellion.com, who made Marvel Superheroes Rebellion possible for me. I hope I can log on ten years from now, and you folks will still be here.

• SWR Staff - Executive
Cool - welcome! AFAIK, the hard drive slot is usually protected against simple liquid spills. Unless the entire machine was dunked in the pool, you probably could have taken out the hard drive and retrieved your data. Of course, I can't speak for laptops as old running Win 98, so maybe I'm wrong and they built it stupidly to run liquid excess into that hard drive slot :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.