Mitth_raw_nuruodo (and other lost souls)

Master_Xan

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that the real life has claimed them as there own. Its a real pity since it has taken part of the fun out of the forum... Tofu has been trying to compensate but not really succeeding.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

*sigh*

Blasted real life. Having responsibilities and "real" friends. This is the only forum I've ever actually gotten into; it's sad to see it slowing down.

Well, maybe the upcoming TV series might generate some new enthusiasm for the site. Currently only Clone Wars on Cartoon Network is presently "representing" the SW universe to the public.

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

• SWR Staff - Executive

Yea there isn't anything too exciting to talk about.

I guess the next big thing is SW:TOR, but I'm not really a MMO fan. I don't want to sink money into it, but I may.. we'll see.

Been trying to drive more traffic to our forums, but those have dropped off faster than SWR loyal fans. Oh well :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

You know what we need? Rebellion's source code. That would bring in interest. That is, if there's still enough people left to do something with it. I'm going to try again to get my hands on that...

In fact, maybe we should put together a petition to mail to them? That would be more... persuasive than just lil' ol' me calling them again (which I did, three and some odd years ago).

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

• SWR Staff - Executive
Been there, done that. Even with the source code, I don't know there's much you can do. It's a seriously old game with many problems. I'd want to revamp a lot of it, interface, graphics, modding and scripting... it is pretty much writing another game :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Its true there would be alot of revamping to be done but just look at FreeCiv and FreeOrion... They're doing okay and yet their graphics are no better.

We should try using a powerful weapon:

Wikipedia

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

Heh- I'm trying to compensate for the lack of people on the forum? I didn't realize I'd spammed that much. Quite frankly, I was under the impression that my PPD was dropping considerably as a result of college. I may wind up only showing up once in a blue moon; college is just too cool.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• 1 month later...

Tofu, if you drop out of sight as I've done who will carry on the glorious tradition of spamming with Mad? We can't both leave it up to him. You must recruit your replacement before you follow me.

As far as what happened to me goes, well, life. I'm the VP of a student governance group on my campus. Next weekend we will allocate between $640,000 and 660,000. It's not a fun weekend. I'll likely have a couple drinks each night as a result. On top of preparing for this I have to work on the numbers for my psych research project. The abstract for that needs to be submitted by next Friday. It is my plan to present at an undergrad psych conferance in two weeks. When that's done I have a 52 min presentation to prepare. Additionally I have to put one of our Deans in her place. Liberal Arts people don't play well with money. That's the rest of this semester. Hopefully I make it through.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

The plan is to graduate in May and get married in early June. If you hadn't thrown two years of your life down the drain following the brainwashing successors of a liar and con-man you could be a senior now, Xan.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Hey wait, you're engaged? Am I the only one who missed that? I wanna hear about the lucky woman!

Hmm... I spent a year working to build up my bank account. So if I'd been born rich, I'd also be another year ahead, so a junior (or graduated, if I hadn't "thrown two years away" :wink: ).

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

If you hadn't thrown two years of your life down the drain following the brainwashing successors of a liar and con-man you could be a senior now, Xan.

Life is what you make of it; so long as you do not regret the past, there is no such thing as wasted time.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

It actually wasn't a joke. I walked away from the mormon 'church' (lower case M intentional) several years ago. I recently came to the realization that they're founded on a lie. I look at the practices that Joe Smith Jr espoused and can't help but think of him as a charlatan. I look at scholarly sources of history from the 1830s and '40s and they don't come close to matching the official history that I grew up being taught. The way I look at Mormonism the mainstreamers are nothing more than apostates. The fundamentalists are the ones following their founder. If you want to be a real Mormon you need to practice polygamy. By the same token the Bible bans the practice. So one must ask themselves, "Do I follow the Bible, or do I follow a book of "scripture" that was "translated" by looking into a hat?" Seems to me that any thinking human being would avoid the cult formed from staring into the hat.

Xan, did you know that Smith "translated" the BOM by staring at a stone in his hat? Did you know that he was marrying 14 year old girls? Are you aware that polygamy was practiced long after the Manifesto? You're a college student. Where are you going to school?

Anyone that's really interested in this line of discussion can feel free to PM me or point me to a religion thread. I'm happy to share my thoughts and/or hear/read yours.

Edited by Mitth_raw_nuruodo

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"