Welcome Anonymous!
We host quality Star Wars sites - inquire at The Star Wars Rebellion Network  
SW:Rebellion Network
imminent-bean

Post subject: Re: New Bulwark Battlecruiser model
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:35 am 
<!-- Colonel -->

Mad78 wrote:
Okay I fixed my computer so I can finally get down to work. I'll try and make a few ships. BTW are you sure that the Correlian Corvette is not in the Model Database? I'm sure I saw one there.

Thanks. Yes the Correlian Corvette is in the this website download. I have the mesh and can display the mesh fine in the DB pro engine. I just cannot use the texture in BIN form. I need the original BMP, JPG or normal format to texture the object.x with.

I believe people used a "Convert to BIN"? program to make those BIN maps out of the normal BMP maps. If I had a way to reverse the procedure. If I had the source code to that convertor people used to make the model textures work inside Rebellion as BIN. I tried to make a simple 32*32 bitmap square 256 bit color RBG basic format BMP used the convertor and tried to understand what it was doing to the data to reverse engineer it.

I was only partially successful (yet -and it is time consuming). But if you know what or how was done to those original BMP texture maps being created into those BIN textures...

I should say that I only need the 'close' up .X and close texture. The game engine make mipmaps to scale the far awya models automatically so there is no real need for those medium and far mesh and textures at this time or ever.

------------OT interest
The newest upgrades to 7.3 DB pro is working much better even still. The new Pure GDK is interesting in that compiler can almost match VC++ Express if I dare say. I would not mind migrating the code to that to take advantage of the ability to use the Win 32 API calls to get more control of the window/mouse call backs messaging (networking messages too) and playing movies and such. It seems to be almost 2x faster than plain old DB pro. By stepping the code, I can find the choke points and and optimize the code at assembler level (inline) if something fuddy is going on. I call that a real personal touch. A human mind can go in there and make the code run very fast by doing that, though I would need to 'upgrade' to Pure GDK.

You can't make a super graphical "Halo" game out of it with huge MP support ASAIK, but it will do simple hardcore gronard games like what we want without needing to be a PHD master in progamming. :) Plus I think the graphics and FX are not bad if a person wants to learn how to get them to work. So it is a good starter /intermediate complete game engine to work with. Soon I can release an alpha tech demo , I just need some decent textures so peeps will not say booo on the 3D models. 8)

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/4790 ... dispay.png

As usual pic quality is terrible. Thus I want to release a real EXE tech demo. > Looks 100X better.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:58 pm 
<!-- Raporan Dark Lord //-->

PM me your email adress and I'll send you the converter.

You're gonna have to give me a little tome for the models since I soon have my exams. But I'll make them for sure after that. :)

Click here is you like Trance

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:13 pm 
<!-- Colonel -->

Oh I should tell you that it works great! Here is a picture of a corvette running away from a VSD, similiar to A New Hope. :D The textures are on the ships. Yess!

http://img2.pict.com/15/85/0e/4aab4d002 ... runner.jpg

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:13 am 
<!-- Warlord -->

Location: Death Stars are out at night, big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas.
Nice pic Slocket! Keep up the good work :D :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:27 am 
<!-- Colonel -->

This is pretty good. I stuck this '2.5D' TGA skin over the original model for the close up view.

Last edited by Slocket on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:50 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Who else preserved model of the cruiser? Remade almost all sizes of meshes Rebellion, but Bulvark - a very rare item. All links are forbidden. Found one http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~john22/maxfile.htm, but it seems very difficult for Reb. I understand that the topic for many years, but suddenly ...
Such games are not doing right now and I'm on the Phenom and Sli video card play Rebellion. :?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:39 am 
<!-- Lieutenant //-->

I am in the process of modeling the Bulwark to a much higher degree of detail than any previous model, along with some artistic interpretation here and there. It's not EC Henry/FractalSponge/Howard Day level, but I think I'm doing a pretty good job. I was wondering if there is anyone in this community who could help me texture it when it's modeled and UVmapped.

Profile E-mail