Ships

DarkDingus

I'm aware that the Imperator III is just a sub-class of the Imperator II.

as far as I know the Imperator III's only visible difference is a darker hull plating (they didn't paint them bright white and had some sensor absorbent material applied) and a larger reactor as well as a possibly slightly less complicated bridge face than the I or II

Where did Eville get this description ?

• SWR Staff - Executive
Since the remnant was the ones doing the substantial upgrades of the vessel from an ISD II to an 'ISD III' there is no official pic, my best guess is that it is simply a ISD II with a darker shade of paint on it.

• 3 months later...
My personal favorite is the Victory I class Star Destroyer. They have enough firepower to make a heavy cruiser pay attention, they're reasonably durable, not real expensive (kind of a pain they use the same slots as the much larger ISD so you can't really have both). They are kind of slow though. I've tried using the mk.II and III, but though it rectifies the speed problem, they take a knock in the head as far as firepower. They're like sharks in minnows against smaller ships, but aren't worth the trouble against larger ships. Course, I guess that's pretty much the way it is with ANY ship that is substantially outgunned by its opponent, it's just more annoying cause I like the Victory so much. I didn't spend all that time building those things just so some jackass with a Napoleon complex can blow them up!

A mere technicality.

Actually, I might have to revise my favorite to the Watchkeeper. Awesome little ships. Much tougher than the Victory, heavily armed, fast, cheap, AND cool looking. Use 'em to watch over disabled ships (couldn't resist cause of the name) and bases, also as spearheads for attacks cause of their ability to absorb damage while the ISDs and my flagship disable and destroy the targets. I've found careful management of forces and prioritizing the enemy ships can turn a slugfest into an easy victory. I initially liked the Allegiance for a flagship, but it's too easily disabled for now and not THAT much tougher than an ISD. I've settled on the Titan as my preferred battlewagon. Those missiles it lobs seem to be real shipkillers.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I don't think anyone will mind my posting here.

Of course, I have a couple of ships I love, but I'm gonna start with a Classic. The good ole' Imperator II. She's always been the Empires Workhorse and she did a damn good job of it. Not to mention, the eight Octuple barbette turbolaser cannons are just so very pretty to look out. Not to mention they're still in use even in the Legacy of the Force Era.

My Favorite class of Fighter? The X-wing, always had always will, especially the original Incom T65c X-wing.