AI Doesn't Want to Make Units?

Akurgan

I usually play with a small unit cap and with very little resources as it means your tactical decisions actually count (as opposed to getting 100 capships v 100 capships and letting them duke it out til the side with the better stats wins, although I can see the uber-uber-macro strategy involved in that).

So I decided I wanted to RP a game offline using facilities instead of reinforcements. Now for some reason the opposing side never wants to attack, or make units. This is on low unit settings and low resource settings (although even with the resources up to 50x there was no difference).

I played an Empire/Empire game an hour or so before with the settings maxxed out and it worked fine, so i'm wondering what the issue here is.

Is there something about having low settings that screws with the build ai?

Cheers

Adam

• SWR Staff - Executive
the AI attempts to build the largest ship it can for its avaialble cash, unfortunately sometimes it gets confused and tries building something too big, this is something I am attempting to fix

• 3 weeks later...