Erm Really Laggy

JediGreg

• SWR Staff - Executive

Nope doesn't make any sense at all. The 8800 GT should be able to handle it just fine. Can you play HW2 regular fine?

Maybe its a Nvidia driver issue

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Nope doesn't make any sense at all. The 8800 GT should be able to handle it just fine. Can you play HW2 regular fine?

Maybe its a Nvidia driver issue

Well i hadnt tried HW2 on the new puter tell just now..

And the same problem occurred

Going to try what Eville suggests

is it vista? opengl basically runs in emulation mode on vista, so HW2 will take a performance hit.

do you have any weird 16x AA on or anything?

nope XP

As said i turned visuals all the way down and stuff.

Didnt make a difference

aa and af cant be enabled through hw2, they have to be enabled through your nvidia control panel. if you have done that, or changed any of the default settings in the control panel, check them and make sure they are set to application-controlled. if you use sli, i also dont know if hw2 will have issues with it, since sli didnt exist when the game came out, so make that application controlled as well.

if none of that is it, then try and be a little more decriptive. what exactly are you calling lag? is it just constantly low frame rates? or is it running smoothly for a bit, then hanging?

also, what version of xp is it?

aa and af cant be enabled through hw2, they have to be enabled through your nvidia control panel. if you have done that, or changed any of the default settings in the control panel, check them and make sure they are set to application-controlled. if you use sli, i also dont know if hw2 will have issues with it, since sli didnt exist when the game came out, so make that application controlled as well.

if none of that is it, then try and be a little more decriptive. what exactly are you calling lag? is it just constantly low frame rates? or is it running smoothly for a bit, then hanging?

also, what version of xp is it?

I hadnt messed with the defaults in it..And dont see anything about SLI in the control panel.

And finally i already had the -hardwarecursor at the end of the shortcut target ..

The game loads fine and everything. I dont really notice any Menu lag. But zooming,scrolling, and such on the map  just doesnt work sometimes or very delayed and its just suddenly in a spot

• 2 weeks later...
Fix, in vista anyways, is run the game set as Administrator.  Do not play with Compatibilty mine is on XP or whatever.  But I run as Admin, takes away the lag that happens every 3-5 seconds.  This is for vista, might work for XP.  Hope it helps.

• 4 months later...
Hey i know old thread but for anyone having these problems i seem to have solved it for myself, first make sure your drivers are up to date, second turn off vnsync if its on and third make sure your using a high screen resolution. The newest nvidia drivers for my 8800 GTS work perfectly fine, i was having the same problem till i updated them. Still very lagy on the missions that fight on their own )you know the ones that are more like a movie then game) but the game works perfectly fine in Skirmish no matter how many ships are in play.