KOTOR MMO

Stratus

• SWR Staff - Executive

Anyone else think that this is a horrible idea?

A) bioware making a high performing and balanced MMO?

B) I want the story with solid gameplay, not 1000' noob fanboys jumping around calling themselves BOB FET or |

C) you can't have a story with an MMO

D) star wars already has an MMO, fix it so it's not utterly retarded (you do control the liscense right?)

E) if I wanted to play a game with other people I have much more entertaining ways to do it than level grinding for +2 rancor hide (team fortress comes to mind)

F) it's going to take forever to come out?

Consider your notion seconded. The only MMO I'm aware of that doesn't suck like a black hole is Eve, and even it has a lot of the annoying aspects of the genre, just not as bad in my opinion (I actually rather like Eve, just don't play it enough to warrant the subscription). Second, if LA has any input, it's doomed (the only reason Warlords turned out half-way decent:) I don't know though, BioWare is a pretty good team. Can't think of anything they've been associated with that wasn't pretty good. Who knows, maybe we're a bunch of naysayers about to be shown up by somebody who'll do it right for once. Maybe, but not likely :)

if done right, i think it could be great. that said, the chances of it being done right are next to nil. a better idea would be to fix galaxies, then i could go back to blissfully wasting my life.

also, some people just dont like the mmo gameplay style. i do, but i also tend to have monstrous amounts of time on my hands, and enjoy working for the end result. it took me 2 years of dicking around to finally get really good at galaxies, but once i was there, i loved every minute.

in my opinion, bioware should fix galaxies, not release a new game.

http://outerheaven.freeforums.org/index.php

I don't remember if this has been mentioned here or not cause I bounce between forums so much, but this is a mod for Galaxies that puts a much larger emphasis on the warships and ground combat, intertwining the two and trying to make the GCW more immersive. Take a look. It's still in it's infancy, but someday, it's gonna be totally awesome :) Watch for Admiral Harvey Plunkett to launch an orbital strike on the Lars Homestead :) and send in stormtroopers to slaughter those pseudo-Ewok Jawas.

ive checked out a couple of these mods for galaxies, and i have to say, i dont think galaxies really warrants a mod. id settle for someone just making a mod for pre-nge RotW era galaxies. the game was perfect then, hands down the best game in existence at the time. then they "enhanced" it.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd be more interested in a return to the space simulator genre. I know they've got it in Galaxies - I played it and while it was entertaining, I got bored with the lack of scale.

I'd love to see an X-wing game where the Star Destroyers are truly, truly, truly MASSIVE - and the detail has been laser scanned from the Model from Empire Strike s back. Proper Mon Cal starships.....god it would be good.

And while we're in dreamland:), there should 200 single-player missions, maybe set during the Thrawn Era. 100 missions for each side and each mission has multiple objectives and systems to travel to.

And THEN(!) the expansion pack covers the commanding of capital ships - opening the chance to setting gun batteries to fire at specific targets, and eventually letting people operate as crews. It's all possible.....but it's never gonna happen. *sigh*.

most of that was supposed to be in the works for the next galaxies expansion. galaxies was ALL pvp though, single player type anything was terrible in it. for some, like me, there was nothing better than donning my full suit of modded stormtrooper armor, grabbing my c-m reaper sniper rifle, and going out with 50 other imperials to take a base from 50 rebel players. if thats not your bag, galaxies sucked for you. space was the same way.

• SWR Staff - Executive

Well its real

Bioware+LucasArts MMO

http://www.lucasartsbioware.com/

Not likely to be anything else, I would guess its KOTOR MMO.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

I got no qualms with pvp, as long as it's on a huge scale. Jump to Lightspeed was fun, damn fun in fact, but I wait for the day of being able to bring the portside batteries to bear on some poor bastard of a corvette. Then my social life will end.

If it's really going to be in the next expansion pack then I better settle up my affairs....

i wouldnt hold my breath, galaxies is pretty much dead. they got a little bit of the fan base back with the recent updates, but its still less than a tenth of the game population before nge. if that does happen though, then ill be back in to it for sure. hopefully my old guild is still around.

As sacreligious as it may be to mention it here, I just came across some an article about the development of the Star Trek MMO. From an initial glimpse....well really it's far too early to tell but if all the scuttlebutt that I read is even remotely true, Galaxies and EVE are going to have their work cut out for them.

• 3 months later...

I agree Shadow, I came into galaxies post nge ,and the ONLY thing i did was fly. The ground game was completely broken.

I went into galaxies thinking i was about to learn the ways of the force and be on of the greatest Jedi/Pilot in

the galaxy to being so bored with the game that i use the case to level my bookshelf.

• 4 months later...
I just got to say StarWars Galaxies needs a heck of alot of work before I ever play that again. As long the title is what it is they will still make money they don't care how realistic it is, at least i think so. :P Edited by Mr Ergo