Stratus

(reply to Skyblazer)  I've noticed that it crashes whenever I have an Imperial ai oppenent in the offline only mode.  Have you tried switching your opponent?

Also, the ships still don't like to attack the reinforcements buoys.  I'm currently avoiding the problem by ramming them with large ships.

*another edit*  Finally, I feel fighter/bombers and bombers are a bit too powerfull.  They no longer need to reload, and that coupled with the removal of shields means that it takes relatively few squadrons to down capships.  I haven't noticed the "docking bug" in this release, and would love to see reloading return.  I don't think fighters in Star Wars should be able to operate without fleet support, with the exeception of hit and run precision raids.

*last edit*  Of course by capships I mean frigates and low end destroyers, the really big ones either regenerate from the initial salvo or ignore them.

Edited by overeditor

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well reinforcements buoys are supposed to be very tough, as reinforcements is a ship vs ship mod without any precise objectives, but you can always buy the Eclipse it destroys the buoy in a few shots  ;D

• SWR Staff - Executive
The bouy is not meant to be destroyable in a normal game, either play facilities to have distinct targets, or turn the build time limit option to a shorter time period.

2x Superlaser shots or ramming it twice with the executor destroys it.

Want to play a game of Warlords? Join the Warlords hamachi network!

Network name: SW:Warlords

Network password: Warlords

I downloaded all the files.  And  whatever i do it crashes when it reaches Universe

1) Made a new profile

2) My target line is:

"D:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe"  -mod PLANETPACK.Big,SWSOUND.Big,SWMUSIC.Big,GENHODS.Big,SHIPHODS.Big,CORE.Big -luatrace -hardwareCursor

and

"D:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod PLANETPACK.Big,SWSOUND.Big,SWMUSIC.Big,GENHODS.Big,SHIPHODS.Big,CORE.Big -luatrace -hardwareCursor -startinglevel Hoth01

3) Files in my Data Dir folder are:

Core.big,englishspeech.big,homeworld2.big,planetpack.big,swmusic.big,english.big,genhods.big,oldships.big,shiphods.big and swsound.big/

It crashes universe. I need help

Greetings.

The Homeworld universe has been a focus of my attention on and off (Usually off  ;)) for quite some time, and more recently, the Star Wars: Warlords mod since shortly before 0.45, and it's got to be one of the biggest mods I've had the opportunity to play around with. The ship modelling and effects are good, the gameplay options are plentiful, and the recently-introduced scenario mode kept me busy for a bit. Needless to say, kudos to the crew who made this mod possible. :)

While the Alliance, Militia, Republic, CIS, and Yuuzhang-Vong (Wut's the story behind those guys?) ran with few problems, one issue I had, like a few others here, was the inability to play using the Empire in any way outside the scenario-mode and single-player missions. The game just crashed while loading Universe.

While I hadn't tested reinstallation as a possible solution, I did try creating a new profile, which pretty much led me back to square one. Though I understand little about modding Homeworld 2, I figured from experience that I should post the log-file for the mod-crew to look over. As I read it, I noticed the game crashed when attempting to locate the "*HW2 directory*\data\locale\english" folder in the Data directory, so on a whim, I just created an empty folder following that path and fired up Warlords to see wut happened. Strangely enough, it loaded up, and I promptly got squashed by the might of the Empire.  ;D

Why that works, I'm not sure, but I thought I'd offer that as a possible solution for those who experienced a similar problem. I hope that helped.

Edited by Skip Waters

• SWR Staff - Executive

Weird sounds like something is missing in the packages?

(As to the Yuuzhan Vong, you'll have to read the New Jedi Order series of books. Most people seem to really like the series or really hate it. I have to admit, I'm a big fan of the series.. not so much for the Vong, but the great writing and characters. Get past the intro - Vector Prime, go straight to the meat in Star by Star. :) )

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

• 2 weeks later...

the problem with the nav buoy is that the ships don't target it at all. Unfortunately, ramming it is a bit fiddly, because I usually limit ship class to destroyer-class or lower. With infinite resources for all. That means there are many neverending battles. :P

Yeah, so please take out the nav buoy for facilities build mode. Please?

The Impstar Deuce don't seem to have any submodules on it, apart from 'shields'. Also, an Impstar I seems to have some kind of super mag-pulse missiles, which can disable another destroyer or almost anything else in one salvo.

Other than that, great work! Especially with the multiple torpedoe/missile launching things in again. The Vic one and the torpedoe sphere in 0.45 were my favourite because of the reason.

i dont think taking the nav bouy out would be the solution, just classing it a something that cap ship guns will fire on. right now fighters and anti-fighter weaps are the only things that will fire on it, and it has more armor than a super SD. so decrease in armor, and classed as something larger. if the weapon targeting actually dpends on model size, not ship class, then id say make it big enough for the big clas 10 TL's and missiles to target, because its true, right now, if someone builds one, you may as well set 20 fighter squads on the thing and go away for the week, and see if they're done when you get back

• SWR Staff - Executive
the bouy being in facilities mode is a bug, the point of the bouy is to have a build object that doesn't die for reinforcements (unless you set a build time limit), it shouldn't be included in the list of ships to target, but that isn't actually possible because of another bug.

I was really having trouble getting 0.60 to work... adding the locale/English folder helped me get an Alliance v. Alliance game going in offline mode, but I haven't been able to play as the Imperials yet.

did you create a new profile? doesnt matter if its a fresh install of the game with the mod applied before you played the first time, make a new profile. also, make sure all your commandline add-ons for the shortcut are spelled correctly and in the correct order

I did create a new profile.  Hurray for redoing all of my setup options.

My current command line, even changed to accurately reflect my homeworld 2 location:

"D:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod PLANETPACK.Big,SWSOUND.Big,SWMUSIC.Big,GENHODS.Big,SHIPHODS.Big,CORE.Big,OLDSHIPS.Big -luatrace -hardwareCursor

Copied and pasted right from this site, with appropriate file location adjustments.  Quotations added because it wouldn't work otherwise.

My target line looks exactly like a previous poster's... Y8.  Hurray for the D:\ drive.

The Imperials just don't like to work.  I've used different maps, I've tried letting the computer be the Imperials... nothing.  During the universe load, the game simply stops and I am returned to my desktop with no game running (and no error message).

I've run previous versions of Warlords perfectly fine on my machine.

I'm having a bit of an odd problem. When I play 1v1 ai, the cpu ONLY makes miners. I'm talking hundreds and hundreds of them. It's insane! They'll make up to 5 squads of fighters and then continue making miners. They eventually throw all of their facilities at me. Am I missing something?

If you start up the game and it crashes as it loads "universe", try this.

A. Download Clonewars and all the other stuff like SWMUSIC.big

B. Install Clonewars and make a shortcut

C. Right click on the shortcut and go to properties

D. Copie this to the upper bar: "C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod PLANETPACK.Big,SWSOUND.Big,SWMUSIC.Big,GENHODS.Big,SHIPHODS.Big,CORE.Big -luatrace -hardwareCursor -starting level XXXtest.lua

E. Copie this to the second bar: "C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release"

Make sure the folders are matching your folders on your computer

At least the scenarios and single player are working fine

Nice mod, thanks

(sorry for my English, I'm Dutch)

• SWR Staff - Executive
did you change the settings for what was buildable? it is possible the AI was restricted and all it could do was build miners. did it build destroyer yards?

The warlords .5 version is working fine

The computer does build the bigger ships, unfortunately, it's attacking with cruisers and a Lucrehulk DCS. I haven't shot any miner yet