No frigates or corvettes, and MC-80 rate of fire

Evaders99

Hey dudes,

I've been doing some testing using the 'small' unit caps, and I've noted that the AI does not build corvettes or light frigates. Anyone else noticed this?

Also, I've been watching the two classes of MC-80. I reckon that the Liberty class (winged) does not put out the same rate as its  Maria class (wingless) counterpart. This is a bit wierd as the Maria is supposed to ten fewer turbolasers. If you guys can have a look?........

Gonna test some more, and then maybe bitch about balancing too ;)

• SWR Staff - Executive

One of the big disconnects in the RPG stats is that the ISD I is about 25% better than the MC-80 stats, however the ISD stats don't figure in the large guns, as soon as that is added the mon cal is significantly out gunned

I've added larger weaponry to the mon cals but the issue remains that the gunnery is never supposed to be as good, the mon cals simply have superior shielding and backup systems, I need to readjust the mon cal health and possibly change the fire rate a bit (their weapons work slightly different from the imperial guns)

Aren't Mon-Cals supposed to outclass ISD's in terms of shielding?

Want to play a game of Warlords? Join the Warlords hamachi network!

Network name: SW:Warlords

Network password: Warlords

• SWR Staff - Executive
that is actually debatable, the actual quality of the shield generators is unknown, all we do know is that mon cal damage control and shield localization is better, the ISD may have a 'better' shield generator in that it recharges faster or something, though it is known that once it fails there is little if any backup.

I think MC's had layed shielding where basicly when 1 layer goes down the next takes the pounding while the first recharges, if the second goes down than the third takes over and the first might come back online before the third goes down.

So the shields could be weaker in general toughness to a ISD's shields but you have to get through a few layers before they all fail. You could say ISD shields run in series and MC shields run in paralel.