0.56 Test 4

EvilleJedi

• SWR Staff - Executive

zip file is just a copy of the patches, so you can ignore it

AI building destroyer yards is the one bug I'm really trying to kill before releaseing this, it's a pain and for some reason it just doesn't like to build em.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an idea its probbaly the ais cost efective thinking the ai builds constantyl and will not wait until it has enough money to buy a better ship yard. Although it could be a bug in the code. I would suggust a general lowering of prices because at the same credits rate we have to pay for more expensive stuff.

Some bugs you might want to work outy before public release.

The mole miners will only go onto one stop on the refinary ship so it takes awhile to get all theunits through.

THis may not be a bug but the vent seems to have very low accuracy in comparison to other units it can hardly hit corvettes (realy annoying because thats all the enemy will or can build besides fighters)

Edited by Mace Uzumaki

Ok heres a very stupid question, Isn't the data directory the one with the animatics folder? If it is, why isn't mine working. If not, which one is? and can someone give me a command line that works, the regular ones aren't. :-\

I have all the game types now, but nothing else...

Edited by StormTaco

Vent = Venator???

Also, just for clarification from a post on the first page, the Invincible-class Dreadnaught is NOT the ship General Grevious commanded in Episode III. The General's ship was a Providence-class Command Cruiser named the Invisible Hand. Just thought I would clear that up.

It happened accidentaly once, but it kinda fucked up half my fleet (super SSD runnin into 2 of my own Venators)

Want to play a game of Warlords? Join the Warlords hamachi network!

Network name: SW:Warlords

Network password: Warlords

Just a few comments on the newer version, whatever its name is...

-I was playing as them Empire and I set my TIE fighters and Interceptors to the Defensive stance (F3) and they slowed down to a crawl. However when I set them back to Agressive, they resumed their normal speed. Nothing too annoying, but still a bit odd.

-I have trouble maneuvering in the Cron Drift map. for some reason, larger ships seem to float downwards for a while and then resume forward speed. The same goes for the Kadeshi map (Not Kadeshi Gardens, but the 2nd one) except the ships go straight up. Most of the maps don't do that, but then again, the two maps I mentioned are really cool, and more appealing to play in.

-I noticed that when giving several moving orders to destroyers and Mon Cals, they float as if "dead" for a few seconds and then resume their directed path. This doesn't happen all the time, but its annoying when it does.

-The AI seems to clump groups of fighters and corvettes together in Facilities mode until the player's fighters appear. When that happens, the AI "wakes up" and the fighters get in formation and attack as they should. Purely esthetics, but its annoying when trying to judge the enemy force before attacking since its all one massive "blob" on the screen.

-AI resourcing is weird. The mining ship is near RU asteroids, but the mole miners all seem stuck in one RU delivery portal.

-All the miners go to the same portal (the one closest to the Mining ship bridge) to deliver RUs, even though there are several portals that are vacant.

-AI still doesn't build Destroyer shipyards

Feedback

-The new mining ship skin is awesome. Much better than the older one. Good job!

-Texture on the Executor is great. Maybe this is just me, but I don't seem to get the "rumble" that comes with the SSD when it travels.

-The new "garrisonned" fighter mode is cool too.

-Ramming enemy ships is so great!

Questions

-Will all new releases be like this (Download ".big" files and stick them in the Data folder), or do you plan on doing a final, take-it-or-leave-it version of SW: Warlords in ".exe" format?

-Are all the ships available in the previous versions (.45) going to become available again? If so, any idea when?

-Is the single player campaign idea still alive?

-Do you intend to merge the Clone Wars with Warlords? (For example, when you pick the Clone Wars time period in the skirmish menue, you get Clone Wars-era ships, with the Republic and Seperatists as factions, and when you click ANH time period or anything afterwards, you have some Clone Wars ships still available to the Empire, but the factions change to include the Alliance, Empire etc.)

-The question that everyone must be asking, when will the mod be completely, 100% finished, with nothing more to add?

There seem to be some overall problems with unit behaviour. I sent my Imperator II Star Destroyer to the enemy base (wich hosted a rather large corvette fleet), this SD was in 'Passive Mode' so it did not fire. Strangly enough, neither did my enemy, it was not until I gave the order to attack that the AI started doing something.

This also poses a problem for ships in defensive mode, since this is the standard mode you will HAVE to order a ship to attack a target AI ship, since it won't fire until the enemy fires at them and vice versa.

Want to play a game of Warlords? Join the Warlords hamachi network!

Network name: SW:Warlords

Network password: Warlords

So warlords worked fine until i added the PATCH.Big. Now it does the typical crash on loading universe. Not sure why its crashing with the patch. grrr any clue...

Heres the command line...

"C:\Program Files\Sierra\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod Planetpack.Big,SWSOUND.Big,SWMUSIC.Big,GENHODS.Big,PLATHODS.Big,IMPHODS.Big,REBHODS.Big,PIRHODS.Big,CORE.Big,FIXES.Big,PATCH.Big -luatrace -hardwareCursor

Ok now it loads with Empire vs Alliance.. but wont load any militia. So i'll try redownloading the PIRHODS.Big and see what happens...

Edited by MitchMeister-

• 1 month later...

Just finished mucking around with the Eclipse. I put two Imperials with the large-no-fighters unit cap against it. 50 star destroyers and god knows how many smaller ships later, the Eclipse came out the other side. God, the superlaser is funny.

But the small ships CAN damage it. I drove 'Big E' right in between the two AI and they formed a loose 3/4 sphere around it, dropping everything but the kitchen sink at it (guess it's not EPIII  :) - hope someone gets this)

A massive salvo of torps and missiles took 1/5 of the SSD but then Big E cruised out, nailing a dozen craft on the way.

(I tried to insert a picture but I can't make it work ??? ???)

Edited by dojoyoda_warlords

I unpacked the fixes.big file, went into the 'building and research' folder, opened the Vaygr folder (that's the empire) and then opened the build.lua file.

In there, I copied the code for the Executor and then pasted below it. I then changed the 'thing to build' to the eclipse (grab the name from it's folder in the 'ship' directory) and then changed the build priority number so that it was higher that the Executor (so that it appears below it in the build menu in the game). I saved it, and then repacked the fixes.big.

This really put my skills to the limit (read 'i know nothing about coding') and took about an hour before I figured out which file i needed to change.

It's funny - I manage to get the damn thing in there, but I can't figure out how to post an image of the battle. Below is what I had. Can someone point out where I messed up? (I've removed the end brackets from 'img' and '/img' so you can read it)

"img]http://D:\Homeworld2\Bin\SCREENSHOTS\ss00059.jpg[/img"

hey dude, would be ever so greatfull if you could upload that edited big file on rapidshare or megaupload, if you want something in return lemme know and i'l see what i can dig up.

here's for rapidshare if you dont know what it is

http://www.rapidshare.com

or

http//www.rapidshare.de

or

http://www.megaupload.com

again i'd really appreciate it and will give you somethin in return if you would just tell me what