0.56 Test 4

EvilleJedi

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, first of all, I love the new textures, effects, destroyed starship bodies etc.

However, there are several problems, most notably the fact that the AI doesn't want to build X9/11 shipyards. But also the fighter movements, the way they engage doesn't look as good as it did in the 0.45, but when they fly in formation or when they've just been deployed from ship-/conyard they move all hyperlike or like a swarm of bees ;)

Want to play a game of Warlords? Join the Warlords hamachi network!

Network name: SW:Warlords

Network password: Warlords

-When playing as the Militia, if you build the Invincible dreadnought (the ship that General Grievious had in Episode III), the game crashes when the build bar is 3/4 done.

-The Golan Platforms take 2-3 seconds to disappear when destroyed, and they keep on shooting.

-Alliance X and B-Wings seem to own anythings the Empire has until you build TIE Defenders and Avengers. Maybe lowering the Alliance fighter shield strength a little would make the battles more balanced

-In the main menu, the theme song plays from beggining to end, but when it starts for the second time, it cuts off in the middle and restarts and keeps doing this until you start a game. Nothing too bad, just a little annoying.

Other than that, everthing looks good. The shading, lighting and all other tiny little details on the ships (lights, turrets, engine colors) are beautifully done. Great job on the new explosions and wrecks. Battles seem so much more real! In-game music is great too. 8)

Just one question: are the Vong ever going to be in the game or did you abandon the idea?

- Been pitting ISD II's against MC80's, and the 80's are still coming out on top. While this may be how it's supposed to be, I'd assumed that the ISD II was more powerful (hence the higher price tag). In some cases, the ISD I actually survives longer. Is there anyway to increase the rate of fire on the II's 8-Gun turrets?

- An oldie but a goodie - The flight paths for the missiles on the new Executor SSD. Bout a third impact against its own hull.

• SWR Staff - Executive

heh I don't understand why the Imp stars fall to mon cals, the mon cals have less hull the same recharge and smaller guns, I'm definately looking into, same with the ISD II it should kick the crap out of everything in this mod except the Ex and Home One

SSD missiles are going to get a fix as well, I just have to hunt down each hardpoint and reorient it properly

Been mainly playing as the imps of late (case you didn't notice), and have been roadtesting the executor a bit. While it still puts the boot into the smaller stuff, it doesn't really seemed to have the rate of fire that it's armaments would indicate. It seems that the fastest firing, and most potent weapon it has are the ion cannon. When a bunch of Mon Cals (5) come into turbolaser range from the SSD's bow (or anywhere really), the executor doesn't really put out much fire in comparison - certainly not 250 class-10 turbo's and 250 class-5(?) turbo's worth at any rate (even taking into account that not every gun can be brought to bear). However, when it closes the range to use its ion cannon, the Executor cuts loose with a fire storm. The Mon Cals are each disable over a short period of time and then it's the long slog while it ponderously finishes them off with its turbolasers.

To come to the point, the balance for the SSD doesn't seem quite right. The older version of the SSD really cut holes in any formation, whereas the new one doesn't seem to pack the same kind of punch.

What do you guys think? (or more importantly, what do you think, Eville?)

Yeah, I agree. Executor-class SSD should be able to rip through anything in a short time, but it seems to not have as much firepower available in the current version than in the older ones. The textures and lighting effects of the engines of the SSD also look like they need some work (or maybe thats just me).

Just a couple of questions:

I remember in the older versions (.40), the Empire had a Research Facility that they could build, instead of researching Advanced Tecnology. Why remove it? Looked pretty cool.

Also, while playing as the militia, there's a cruiser (cant remember the name) that shoots only missiles. Is it supposed to be like that, or is it a bug? (not complaining, just wondering)

• 2 weeks later...
I played this recently and this looks awsome  ;D i havent found any other bugs that other people havent posted, also any chance in the next version u could put in a facilitys option for skirmish, like in .45 so that it isnt instat build all the time?

Facilities area available. you need to dowload all the "Big" files and put them into the data folder, and copy the Target line inside the "readme.txt" file, found in the Latest Version link, and paste it into the SW: warlords Target (Right click, then click on Properties and then paste inside "Target")

Never mind i just found it should have tryed offline only  :-\

well i found ab ug whne playing Do not play online version i couldnt put resource ingections in with out it crashing sorta annoying when the resources are low on the map but, i have to say great mod:D :D :D :D :D

Edited by Mace Uzumaki

I've been playing this mod for a while now. Best mod I've played for HW2 (or for any game, for that matter). You've done a really good job with all of the models, as well as re-coding the weapons graphics/effects.

My only problem (aside from what has been posted) is that when ISD IIs, or the SSD are build, they tend to free-float, like the guy at the nav controls fell asleep on it. The SSD in particular. When it moves, it sort of does it at a "I'm gonna fly the ship side ways and turn it upside down while I'm at it, hur hur"

The only way I can get around this is to constantly Hyperspace it all over the place.

EDIT: Oh, and the Lancer Frigate tends to have a tough time actually hitting anything it shoots at. I know Lancer's cannons can track better than they have been. Had a squad of 6 take on a large group of gunboats. only a few of the gunboats got blasted, all the frigates got bombed to hell.

Edited by Yamato1

• SWR Staff - Executive
for the ISD II Im not sure why it would float, the SSD is a problem though, it is so big it tends to do weird things to get around asteroids and stuff, the collision code doesn't like small maps basically.

Man, looking back on my post I just realized I sound like a complete dousche.

I hope I didn't annoy you, EJ, I do respect the work that you have done on this mod. I just said all that the wrong way. >_<

Sorry.

Oh, question. Those "TIE Bombs". Are those supposed to be kamikaze units, or... ?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I just remembered. I don't think this was mentioned, but I've had problems with loading fighters into ships. They dock and stay there, but when I bring up the Launch menu, they automatically launch without my prompting, and then when I try to RE-dock them, they won't stay in, they just launch as soon as they dock (a-la refuel/re-arm, etc)

Edited by Yamato1

I added FIXES and the new PATCH, but the AI still isn't making any destroyer yards.

Invincible Dreadnaught works now, though.  And the fighters aren't so.... "bumblebee-ish" in their movement.

Awesome...so, is there any changes to the ommand lines? ("C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod Planetpack.Big,SWSOUND.Big,SWMUSIC.Big,GENHODS.Big,PLATHODS.Big,IMPHODS.Big,REBHODS.Big,PIRHODS.Big,CORE.Big,FIXES.Big,PATCH.Big -luatrace -hardwareCursor