Planet Encyclopedia editing

MrPhildevil

Is there a way to edit the planets entry in the encyclopedia?

Use ResourceHacker; although I ran into two planets that wouldn't let me "add" text to the description (I could for 198 others, but for these particular two ... it was a pain).

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Open ResourceHacker: Click FILE, then OPEN, then browse to the correct directory, click on ENCYTEXT.DLL, then click the OPEN box.

For example:

Scroll down the folders until you come to folder 7680 (I believe this is the first system of 200): click on the "+" next to the folder to expand it. The "+" changes to a "-" and a data file 1033 shows up. Click on the 1033 and the text shows up in the RH side of the window. Put your cursor wherever you want to make changes and type away; use the backspace and/or delete keys to get rid of text you don't want. Now the IMPORTANT part!! Above the window where the text is, there is a "box/button" that says COMPILE SCRIPT. You must click on this to save your changes; you click anywhere else on this window, and all of your changes you just typed in <* poof *> no longer exist. Now you can move to the next folder and repeat.

Also, don't forget to hit FILE, then SAVE before exiting the program (or again your changes will not be saved).

Hopefully that helps.

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I've run into a problem while editing the planet encyclopedia. I edited the text and when I start the game and view the planet encyclopedia it shows 2 squares in between the "Type" and my text...It looks like this (the asterisks represent the 2 squares)

Sector: Moddell................Type: Outer-Rim*

Endor Prime is a white gas giant, it is orbited by a forest covered moon inhabited by a multitude of species, some of which are sentient.

I assume that the 2 squares are where i've hit the ENTER key in order to drop to the next line...Can anyone tell me how to fix this?