The Vathinor Crisis

Barkoa

IC: Rantar's escape pod veered toward's their enemies fighter, he was surprised when the fighter first didn't fire and destroy his escape pod and then activated a micro-tractor beam and slowly started moving the pod towards the fighter.

Rantar slid his vibroblade back into its sheath and into its hiding place. He quieted his mind and tried to think of what he was going to do. He had left the safety of the Jedi, though hadn't actually thought what he would do next - a typical trait of Rantar.

Opening his eyes again, he stared in disbelief as he saw the Jedi's ship heading towards him.

"For the sake of . . . " Rantar cursed under his breath. Pulling out a small comm unit/tracking device, Rantar contacted th Jedi. "I understand that you people have this code to protect. Though I chose to leave for a reason - you need to get to Mouvia and stop those creatures. I'll find out what's going on back on Vathinor, check your ships long range sensors - I've got a tracking device on me. If I need help, I'll call.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine."

After finishing he wondered whether or not the Jedi could sense that he was lying - he had no idea what was going to happen to him. He would have liked to have help protect the planet Mouvia, unfortunately circumstances didn't suite for that to work.

OOC: In case you were wondering, I'm hiding my stuff in the bandage covering my wound - though Tan, you don't know this :wink: And oh, Tan we'll need to make a pit stop - I don't think my escape pod's air supply will last the trip back, and I'd prefer to be handed back alive 8)

EDIT: OOC: Hmm, was writing this before your last post, hence some of the discrepancies. Oh well - still fits in though

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: don't worry too much Krytos, I'll make sure you get back alive! I'll bring you aboard the Black Enigma and put you in a holding cell or something. Might have to make my ship a little bigger than planned - like a modified fighter designed for smuggling small amounts of something... anyway, here goes. And welcome T'char! :D

IC: Things were going well. Séreméla was rather pleased the Jedi ship hadn't been destroyed. There was no need for it and while she wouldn't have lost any sleep over the deaths of the Jedi, she found it was always better not to cultivate enemies or a vendetta for revenge.

Activating a tractor beam she pulled the battered escape pod into a position where a simple force feild could be erected between the two craft allowing passage.

Armed with a blaster and expecting trouble, she opened the hatch and was almost dissapointed when the human came quietly. She enjoyed a good fight, especially as she was renowned for her lethal prowess in the bodily combat arena, something she'd acheived through years of training growing up on the streets of Vathinor.

Leading the prisoner to a holding cell in the tiny, two man ship, she made sure his hands were cuffed firmly behind his back. She would make contact again with her employer before deciding wether or not to execute her prisoner, as it would mean lost credits should she kill him and find out later he was wanted for questioning. She had found that most clients wanted to interogate the mark before their untimely demmise, and this was the system she usually followed.

Walking back to the controls she set co-ordinates that would take her through a series of complicated jumps eventually back to Vathinor, making her difficult to follow...

IC: Rantar was put into a crampt holding cell onboard the fighter, not what he had expected - though better than what he feared.

His hands were cuffed behind his back with binders - something he could get out of if need be. He was glad that she hadn't used stun cuffs - or he'd be in a lot of trouble when this crate made it back home.

Now came the hard part, part of his "ingenious" was to try and get his captor to join his side - well try. If that didn't work, he'd have to escape while on planet. Rantar could'nt help but think how difficult life had become since the bomb blast.

"So, do I get food or water?" There was no reply.

"Talkative aren't you? So, why me? Why'd you get assigned the task of capturing me? There were two perfectly good Jedi in the same space ship" . . .

OOC: Glad to hear that your not planning on killing me, I'll remember to return the favour :lol: ! I'm not expecting to have you change sides either - your call. Though I'm planing on escaping, somehow . . . somewhere . . .

Barkoa heard the message over the com system. "okay, he seems to know what he's doing. Afton, get that hyperdrive back in order, and Mirkon, sets coordinates for Mouvia and keep a tracker on his signal."

This was one of the hardest decisons he'd ever made. It was all part of being a jedi though, and he hoped he wouldn't regreti it.

"Be at peace, for the force is my ally and I shall not let anything happen out of my contol."

-Barkoa

Afton was working as fast as she could on the hyperdrive, but no matter how fast she worked the thing would not fix.

"Damn this thing," she yelled slamming her hand on the control pad. Once her anger was out her hands started to move surprisingly fast over the keypad. Her mind was racing, it was up to her to get the hyperdrive up and running again so they could save Rantar. If she didn't then she would surely feel the anger of the second Jedi. She got the feeling that he did not trust her, or any non Jedi for that matter.

Putting her mind back on the job at hand she started to understand the problem. Following the impolses that came to mind she was able to start fixing the problem. But it was too late, she loked up just in time to see the enemy ship zoom off into hyperspace.

I just finished, if only I was quicker, she thought as she got up.

She walked of to tell Barkoa.

"Sorry Barkoa. I wasn't able to get it working in time. I am truely sorry. But I was able to fix it non the less, so we can follow them now if you want or we can just keep on heading to Mouvia. I can always go and find him later to correct my error."

She had lost her first big test and let the Jedi down. She knew it would not sit well with them...

The shadows are my friend, for in them I find comfort.

But when it comes to war, I'll be with you in a minute.

"DOn't worry Afton, I'd already decided to let them go. I don't know if you heard the message, but Rantar doesn't want us to follow him...yet. Thanks for fixing the hyperdrive. Now, lets get to Mouvia."

He went to the bridge and told Mirkon what was happening. As the ship accelerated, the stars blurred into streaks of white light. They were going home, but there was still so much to think about.

"Be at peace, for the force is my ally and I shall not let anything happen out of my contol."

-Barkoa

IC: Rantar had been talking to his captor for almost five minutes. Still, she didn't react. Not working to plan, is it!

"So, wanna play a game? What we do, is I'll look at something and say 'I spy with my little eye something beginning with . . .', and say the first leter of the object and you have to guess it! ok?"

His captor didn't respond. If this doesn't bug her, well I've got plenty more.

"I spy, with my little eye, something beginning with B - and I'm looking at you."

OOC: I'll let you guess what B is :wink: If this doesn't work - well actually I am out of ideas :oops:

The Triphon Cruiser slowed out of hyperspace. The viewport was filled with the view of a very large, blue-green planet. It was covered with forests and plains, mountains and oceans. It was beautiful and serene. There were two moons orbiting it, one was dull, small and greyish, while the other was larger and just as lush as the planet. This was the one they were heading for.

"Okay, everyone," said Barkoa now that the remaining crew were gathered, "we are about to land on Phalax. When we get there Mirkon can show Afton to the city for some suitable accomodation, and then will return to the barracks. My partner and I will then go back to the academy. Afton, if its possible, I want you to go after Rantar. us jedi will have other business to attend to. In two days we will meet at the Moon-wanderer bar on the outskirts of town to discuss in more depth what will happen next with you. Also, if you meet anyone that can help us to figure out this mystery of the Vorei, bring them along."

He would have to report this all to the council, and he wasn't so sure he should involve the others, but Rantar had to be looked after and the council couldn't spare any more jedi.

The ship landed on one of the public landing pads in town. It was sunset for the moon, and the warm, humid air hit them as they each stepped out. Home. That was a good feeling for Barkoa, but for how long?

Edited by Barkoa

-Barkoa

OOC - name: T'char (pronounced t'car, no surname)

race: Trandoshan Warrior (Outcast for being too nice :D)

homeworld: Kashyyyk

skills: highly skilled pilot and marksman

-- Sorry for not doing this earlier! :wink: --

IC - T'char sidled into the gloomy bar, his large yellow eyes scanning the numerous faces seated at the establishment's grimy tables.

He spotted a group of Bothans sitting at a corner table. Slowly and purposfully he made his way towards them.

"Mind if I take a seat here?", he took a seat before they had a chance to reply.

"I'm looking for a pilot, a captain Sol Sebala. Can any of you point me in the right direction?" He placed a credit disk on the table. "I'm willing to reward any help quite generously."

"We're not in the habit of spreading no rumours to no foreign strangers", their leader scowled, staring into his mug.

Fine, T'char thought and stood up. I'll see if anyone else here is any more forthcoming.

Half an hour later T'char sat at the bar staring into the dregs of his corellian ale. He had had no success in getting any information from any of the other dozen or so other people he had talked to, the natives' fear of foreigners seemed to be overwhelming. Beside him a young pilot sat broodily sculling large amounts of alcohol.

"You're a pilot?"

"Yeah. So?"

"You know a captian Sol Sebala?"

OOC - Gunna be away for a while (till sunday) - feel free to post for me Phytho, until then.

"I thank you, my friend, for it is in your death that the Scorekeeper finds my true worth."

-T'char, to the recently deceased Admiral Torin Khel

Barkoa made his way to his room inside the academy. He made sure everything was in order. After getting a quick drink, he headed down the hall and up a large lift. After a few more times making his way up the temple, he reached the door of the Council Chambers. This wasn't going to be easy, but he had to do it. ANyway, no doubt they'd noticed him by now.

-Barkoa

Tython was slowly coming to the realisation that people dieing was just part of every day life and that feeling sorry for the loss of other peoples lives was good but that it must not stop him from doing his job.

Just then the tall Trandoshan next to him turned around and asked “Hi do you know a Captain Sol Sebalaâ€

OOC:This is T'chars character

T’char had just been asking around the bar for the location of Sol Selena when he had been offered a very easy and very low paying job to teach a human to fly. The boy was obviously a pilot so why did he want to learn what he already knew, unless he wanted to learn some tricks of the bounty hunter trade.

T’chars opinion of the human started to rise. It was not every person who had enough guts to ask another pilot for lessons in flying. The money would also be helpful, although it was not a lot, it was enough to keep him conformable for several weeks. Also maybe he could make this young pilot into an informant for later use. Most Bounty Hunters he knew had their own personal spy network that they resorted to for information. This could be the start of his.

T’char answered “I’ll teach you on several conditions. 1st you pay me 4 weeks wages for 10 hours of training. 2nd you will owe me a favor when I am next in need of it and finally you must do everything I say unquestioningly. The human agreed and they sealed the agreement with a drink and a handshake.

T’char later instructed the human who he had found out his name was Tython to follow him to the simulators where they would begin Tythons training.

Tython had been in the simulator now for 3 hours and the flying was starting to come naturally to him to the point were he could almost fly without thinking through an asteroid field at full thrust. During that 3 hours he had also gone through many battle scenarios which was totally new to Tython. Surprisingly he had gone really well and had not come closer than loosing all his shields, to crashing.

T’char was just about to instruct him in another maneuver when the Alarms flared instantly bringing T’char into a battle ready stance. Tython and T’char then shared a look and both sprinted for the door.

When they reached the hanger they where both out of breath but looking forward to the coming fight. Tython was especially excited because of all the new tricks he had just learnt. When Tython got to his ship the rest of his flight were already taking off. He jumped into his Preybird and skidded in front of the other waiting pilots.

This time as Tython left the atmosphere he knew what to expect and counted a total of 88 sith ships coming at them. All the sith ships seemed to be in a strange sort of sphere formation designed to give the defenders better coverage. The only way to break the formation was to get on the inside and throw the enemy into disarray. Tython speed towards the enemy formation jinking from left to right to avoid the enemy gun fire. Suddenly he was amongst them flying around and through them just grazing their shields. The enemy formation quickly broke up and the Mouvian fighters working in packs of 4 started to hunt them down. While all this was happening some of the sith had taken it upon themselves to destroy the ship that had ruined their safety.

Tython suddenly found 7 enemy ships coming at him from all directions. This was more than his 5 tracked mind could handle easily so all he could do was dodge. Left, right, up, down, spin BANG!!! No, he had lost all his shields. He was a sitting duck. Just when he thought all was lost across his nose flew the Nighthawk I with 6 Preybirds backing it up. A voice came over the comlink “Now you owe me two favors.â€

Afton rested for the first day, then she desided to get in contact with an old friend of hers, Josson. They had grown up together, then they had gone their seperate ways. Josson wanted to become a Jedi and so left for the Acadamy, but he had soon given up that life and found he was much better at piloting. So he became a pilot and boby guard of the important people. He was almost as good a marksman as Afton herself which enabled him to be both.

Walking down to the local pub, she realised that it may be hard to find him. She had not heard from him in months and she feared that he may be away on a mission or something simular. When she arrived at eh pub she was greeted by the unmistacable smell of alcohol and other putrid smells. Switching off to the smells she walked in. She was greated by a nice bar tender and after ordering a small glass of water, she went and sat down.

What caught her eye once she was seated was two men talking at a table near her. She heard one of them say that he was a pilot. Thinknig maybe this pilot would now of Josson she got up and walked over to the table.

"Excuss me sirs, but I overheard one of you say you where a pilot. I was wondering if you know of a pilot called Josson? He is a frined of mine."

The men looked at her for a moment then replied...

OOC: Phytho could you say that your man knows Liuetenent Josson and give her his number or something.

And sorry to bring you back to this time but I didnot know any other way to find him.

And Ulichorn your character will be a friend of Jossons if thats alright. Sorry to push you around like this. :oops:

The shadows are my friend, for in them I find comfort.

But when it comes to war, I'll be with you in a minute.

Barkoa was about to go into the council chambers when the sound of the sirens filled his ears. They were under attack. Opening the door to the room, he decided that the master would order him to fight if they thought it was needed. Their calm composure assured him they were confident everything was okay.

"Masters, I have recently returned from Vathinor. The situation there was not at all as it seemed. An explosion killed many and destroyed much, and that is why we got the call, but we found something that we did not expect. Vorei. We were attacked by several and..."

One of the masters held up his hand. "Wait. You are saying that THE Vorei were there? But how can this be?"

"I'm not sure, master, but they were there, I saw them. THere were only a few, so it appeared to be a scouting mission, but it won't be long before we hear of attacks. It appears only coincidence that the bomb went off when it did, but I'm not so sure. I also acquired two companions on the way. One is currently in the town, the other was captured by some rogue hunter. We tried to follow but could not."

The silence was caused by the thinking of the council. Another master said, "Well, this is ill indeed. We will assign you a partner to investigate the reappearance of the Vorei, and also to retrieve your lost companion if it is possible, but not at your own expense."

"yes masters, and who shall be my partner?"

"You start tomorrow, and your partner is an old friend..." they said, smiling.

-Barkoa

Captain Mirkon went to his superior. He hated reporting back when he was in a bad mood, and he was in a bad mood. He had just finished telling his supervisor what that had occurred on the trip, when the alarms went off. They were being attacked! He was assigned to a small cruiser that quickly left for the fight. It was an unfortunate day, as during the battle, the cruiser was destroyed, killing all on board. An enemy fighter had been hit, and careened out of control, slamming into the side of the cruiser, which shorted its shield. It was very quickly realised by the enemy, which pummelled it with laser fire, destroying it.

-Barkoa

Tython arrived at Supply and found the man in charge. He was a Mouvian with extra large hands. When Tython asked him about a new ship he said “We are just out of Preybirds we will have to get you a different ship…. What type of ship would you like?â€

Tython was waiting in the local bar just having a catchup chat with the other pilots to see how they went in the battle. While he was talking a tall girl caught his attention and asked “do you know a pilot called Josson?â€

Séreméla was getting quite annoyed with the pathetic attempts of her prisoner to engage her interest.

Switching off the speaker from the holding cell she relaxed in the peace and quiet, until she realised she could still hear him banging and yelling.

Cursing, she stood up and turned the speaker back on.

"If you value your life you will desist." she said slowly and coldly.

The noises in the cell continued hesitantly for a moment, then stopped. The humans voice came over the com again...

OOC: haven't got much else to go on, suppose we could have a conversation before I hand you over to my superiors. Feel free to post replies for my character, as long as they aren't too different from how she's already appeared.

OCC: I hate to be a jerk like this but, my character got lost somewhere along the way and I don't have a spot to work her back in, the Twi'lek Solla Chi'dan, if someone else can help me by maybe making a segue or something like just leave it open for me I'd really apprecitate it.

Thanks

"It's not my fault!"

"Oh yeah? What's in it for me?"

Nuri slashed her blade quickly, deflecting the bolt from the practice remote. Three more came, and she deflected all three perfectly. She took off her blindfold. That would be enough for the moment, but she was anxious to keep training. A jedi could never have too much. She put her blindfold back on and was about to start a new routine when she sensed an old friend enter the room. She was about to take the blindfold off, but decided not. Instead of telling him that she was now a jedi, she would SHOW him! She activated her purple blade and prepared her battle stance. The sound of his double blade being activated was all she heard before she attacked...

-Barkoa

OOC: is our thread with Séreméla and Rantar going anywhere? Krytos; do you want to escape and get back to Mouvia and the battle etc. etc or should we keep going and have two different sort of stories going - the jedi with their problems and you back on Vathinor figuring out... something? ideas would be good!

The roar of launching starfighters awoke T'char from his fitful dozing aboard NightHawk I. Excited and confused voices blared from the comms unit, the transmissions of dozens of rookie pilots filling the airwaves.

Within a moment he was his ship's controls, heading her toward the fiery melee. With a bit of luck he'd be able to get a good ringside seat for the spectacle, and hopefully get to see just how good his tutoring had actually been...

Tython roared past in his latest preybird fighter, visibly itching to enter the fight. T'char watched as the young pilot spiralled in towards a lone sith ship, easily destroying it with a few well placed shots to its rear. He watched, full of pride, as his protege continued to make mincemeat of the enemy starfighters.

In an instant, they were upon him. The angry sith converged upon the lone preybird, guns blazing with vengeance. For a moment Thython was lost amongst the swirling mass of metal. When T'char finally saw him emerge, it was evident he was in pretty bad shape, his shields offline and smoke billowing from his engine.

Taking time only to call in a fighter escort, T'char dived in toward the regrouping sith fighters, his discreetly placed quad TurboLaser blazing. The sith quickly gave up any thoughts of completing their revenge, turned tail and fled in light of the suddenly overwhelming forces presented by the recently arrived preybirds.

"Now you owe me two favours, kid" he radioed to the crippled preybird.

"I thank you, my friend, for it is in your death that the Scorekeeper finds my true worth."

-T'char, to the recently deceased Admiral Torin Khel

OOC: Sorry I havn't been able to post until now, uni kinda takes most of the day for me :oops: I was going to try let your character grow by figuring out she's from Vathonir (don't kno if you want this or not - I can edit it out though) and seeing if I could coach some sympathy from her? Well as doubtful as it seems I was gonig to try. From there I was going to start some action on planet until the Jedi could come and help - I was thinking about finding out about some consipiracy within the goverment/security force linked to the Vorei and the force attacking the planet Barkoa's on and then throwing a twist by creating my own rebellion and having a nice war on planet. Well, that's the plan for now :wink:

IC: A long shiver ran down Rantar's spine. And for a moment he felt sick. He found a new hatred and a new reason to keep fighting.

"How? HOW COULD YOU." For some reason it all fell into place - this merc that was hired to capture him was also the same person who planted the bomb, who killed almost twenty innicent lives. He wasn't sure how he knew this, only that it was true.

"You're a Vathonirian, how could you attack your own planet? How could you kill your own people? Have you no heart? What could have made you do this!!!" Rantar was standing now, his cuffed arms pulling outwards to the limits of the binders - the pain was a relief from the hatred that was buring within. He could feel it now, from deep down in himself, coming to the surface and flooding into the world through his shouting voice. He waited now, eyes fixed towards the cockpit for the responce of the cold blooded killer.

OOC: Oh, by the way - I posted on your "Hidden Agenda" thread, if you want it to keep going I'm willing ot help. At the moment I'm ready to get you and Jess off planet., just read the post I made :wink: