What Happened

BadSamaritan

to all of our story writers? All those ST vs. SW threads were fun as hell to read, and now they are all buried!!!

BRING BACK THE ST vs. SW YOU BLASTED REBELS!!!!

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Guest JediIgor
The thing about Sw vs St stories is it's obvious Sw is gonna kick St's ass.. I mean we got the bigger ships, the better ships, the faster ships, and the more powerful ships :-).. and millions of inhabited planets to boot :). The Borg ain't seen nothing till they seen a Sun Crusher :P.

A Sun Crusher would be impervious to any attack made by the Borg. Though personally, I'd use an ISD mk I against the Borg.

Why a mk I and not a mk II you ask? Well, three words: Sixty Ion cannons :wink:

Borg are cyborg - so Ion cannons wouldn't only effect their ships, but the crew as well! A win win situation! :D

Well, that's at least how I understand it - I'm not exactly a fan of Star Trek.

No offence to any fans out there :oops:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Guest JediIgor

Well if worst comes to worst Yuuzhan Vong would kick their ass since their technology is completely organic and Borg are completely mechanic :).

You're right about the Ion cannons, though you don't know how long it would work for, probably not very long since they'd adapt 8O.

Yup, and against the Vong... Depends on what Borg you take.

The original, Next Generation Borg just like to dissect technology. So they would have little interest in the Vong until they'd fire at the Borg (which they undoubtedly would). From then on it'd depent on how fast the Borg would adapt to Plasma weapons. Pretty fast, probably. Thos Borg could kill almost anything.

The Voyager Borg, on the other hand, would try to assimilate the Vong themselves (and all their little animals). Those Borg, however, are pretty vulnerable to any kind of weapon (to give the Voyager a fair chance against several cubes) and don't deal much damage themselves. Those Borg would be killed by almost anything.

Yah, I know my way around the Trek universe. I hate it and I love it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/RiesstiuIV/Krempel/trapaure.gif

Ah yes, the infomous adaptation - this I've been told about, and poked holes through. First - If they adapt agaisnt energy weapons, that means that they absorb the energy, and what happens to the energy absorbed? They don't appear to release the energy, so they would use it to "power" themselves - thus they can be overloaded and destroyed still (especially with the higher powered weapons from Star Wars). Second, ion cannons work differently to laser cannons, as the name suggests. Ion cannons are designed to overload circuitry - so how could they adapt to it? And if all else fails - turn to weapons that can't be adapted to - such as missiles and projectile weapons.

Well, that's my thoughts on destroying the Borg for the day :wink:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

The universe is extremely vast (not limitless as believed by some, but big enough for it not to matter), full of galaxies, solar systems, planets ans stars. In each galaxy there a billions upon billions of planets, and of those there is a good chance that at least onc is capable of supporting life. In our galaxy, ours may be the only such planet, but the chances are pretty good that we aren't, and any belief otherwise is ignorant of the facts.

If it has limits what are they?

And I like to think that we maybe in the unknowen territories of the SW universe even if I know it is impossible.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

Well, if you follow the "big bang" theory (my preferred favourite) then the universe was once compacted into a single mass until I exploded outwards.

There are two forces at work that caused this explosion and can still be found today. Gravity and waht physicists call simply "dark energy" (not in any way related to dark matter). DE is pretty much anti-gravity since it "pushes" rather than "pulls".

It is this dark energy that is continually pushing the universe to expand, which has the unfortunate side-effect of pushing the contents of the universe farther appart. So basically the limit to the universse is constantly expanding.. until the force of dark energy is insufficient to continue the expanding of the universe, at which point gravity will win and the universe will begin to contract.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

You know, I've always wondered why they thought the Borg were so strong... given that the solution to fight an infantry rush was invented several times over the course of human history. You've got yur pikes, ditches, landmines, machineguns, flamethrowers, barbed wire.... It's amazing how incredibly unimaginative the people in the ST universe can be. Although they did take out a few Borg with a holodeck tommygun in the movie "first contact", iirc. (But WTF?!? if it's *that* easy......)

Then again, Jedi Knights a pretty flawed as a concept as well. Fightting with Swords!?! It doesn't matter how fast you are, you can't be in two places at once. You will also look pretty silly trying to deflect the shells of an incomming high artillery barrage...

Off course, this is where both universes fail miserably. They don't explain why the weapons we use today are so useless in the future that they've ceased to exist.

But enough of this ST vs SW bs..

How about Star Wars vs Battlestar Galactica?

(episodes 4-6 vs the 1978 series)

The reason that energy weapons are used is because standard weapons do nothing agains the armor etc. of the SW universe. And a jedi vs. an artillery barrage? The jedi would win. he simply uses the force to stop the shells. That's why energy weapons are used. A Jedi using a sword? Sure he can't be in two places at once, but he can move fast enough to convince you, and whatever weapon you're using, that he can be.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Ah... the Jedi-"force juggling with high explosives"-trick. How could I forget. But I don't buy it. I know Jedi can levitate stuff a bit, but they can't actually fly so they do have some limitations to that skill. Consequently, they can't stop all the shells, all the time. (Not to mention that the damn things would probably be rigged to explode when they leave free-fall anyway.)

Ahem.. if the armor of the days renders projectile weapons ineffective, then where's the armor? Also, projectiles _are_ enery, they are just very very very high energy, that's why it's so difficult to stop them.

Sure he can't be in two places at once, but he can move fast enough to convince you, and whatever weapon you're using, that he can be.

Which is why God invented the Assault Riffle. No need to worry about where the enemy is, just (s)pray, preferably with friends. ;-) Anyway, you've convinced me that a flamethrower or similar weapon would be more effective. After all, you don't neen *much* range, just more than a Jedi Knight.

And off course, there's lots of weapons we never see in SF, but are very possible. Take any radiation with a wavelenght too large to be stopped by a lightsaber, but still short enough to carry a lot of energy and yoúr average Jedi is toast, quite literally.

Actually, a Jedi could stop a whole barrage of shells, at least a good one could. Only a padawan would have trouble stopping a bunch of little metal canisters. And if they were rigged to explode once they've left free fall, then they'd explode well above the Jedi.

Where's the armor!? Plastoid armor for stormtroopers and other soldiers (can stop blasters for a while, so it'll have no problem with piddly bullets), Durasteel armor on the capitol ships (defends agains some types of radiation, can withstand the energy of turbolasers), personal defence shields and deflector shields (bullets, shells, missiles would pose no threat at all to these). The only way to fight in the SW universe is with thier tech because ours is simply too ancient in comparison.

Even an assault rifle would do little to a jedi, except make him break a sweat. Either he would stop the bullets with the force, or he could vapoize them on his lightsaber. Remeber, they can have astando off with rappid-firing battle droids.

You'd have to use something non-physical to fight a jedi with, or blow him up. The flame thrower is a good idea, so is the radiation. but conventional weapons aren't woth the metal they're made of.

I'm sure nukes would damage the shields, but I'm not so surethey would even take them out. maybe on a starship, but planetary shileds could withstand even a nuke.