Structured RPG - 0C

0credibility

I heard some people might be interested in a more structured RPG than the freeform that is common around here...so let's discuss this further. First off, we need a few things:

1)GM/Dungeon master...etc...

2)rule set

3)a board to host it

I don't want to be the GM, its too much responsibility, and I honestly don't have the time.

As for rule sets, I suggest some light stuff, like a freeform story with a structured combat system and basic character creation. Nothing too fancy.

As far boards, we could possibly host it here, but I don't want to piss anyone off, so I'm open to other suggestions...just so long as we don't get too many people in on this. Too many and it will get too complicated.

These last few hours have made me realize that I need some kind of hobby. I'd bet MacGyver could think of something...

Sweet, so does anyone want to volunteer for GM? I'd love to do this, but I don't have the time to GM. I have an old character creation set of rules from an RPG group I used to belong to, its pretty simple, but requires a randomizer and a program to determine turn order (I lost the turn order program, but I requested a programmer to make a new one in the general discussion forum...but so far no takers :? )

I'll paste the old ruleset here if you want to read it, it involves combat and character creation only, so its pretty short.

-----------------------

Strength(Str) --- Strength + Weapon = How much damage you deal out

Stamina(Sta) --- Damage - (Stamina + Armor) = How much damage you actually take

Constitution(Con) --- Constitution x 3 = Your health

Intelligence(Int) --- Intelligence x 3 = Amount of points you have to perform actions

That part was easy.

Dexterity(Dex) --- Chance out of 100 that your action worked (Maximum value of 100) (Use a randomizer, like Dice Roller 1.0 http://www.paonline.com/zaikoski/ak/tools.htm )

A little trickier, just use a randomizer for a number out of 100, and if its lower or equal to your dexterity, it worked!

Speed(Spd) --- Determines when you take your turn, put your speed into the calculator (Will provide URL when the calculator is written) and the calculator will say which seconds in game time you will get an action.

So if your speed was 50, and your opponent's 30...the calculator would output:

You: 50,100,150,200...

Opponent: 70,140,210...

So the turns would go: You, Opponent, You, Opponent, You, You, Opponent...

so on the 3rd turn, you would get to go twice, because you are faster than your opponent.

If the seconds are the same, you would have the person who had their turn most recently go last, and then move to the person who had their turn the longest time ago.

So you would take turns doing actions until somebody's health drops to 0 or below.

-----------------------

Of course, these rules require HONESTY, but I think we're all ok with that!

These last few hours have made me realize that I need some kind of hobby. I'd bet MacGyver could think of something...

fighters and cap ships are treated as characters :D

Of course, this is just a suggestion, if you want to do something different, that's fine with me. This is just all I know, and I'd be glad to try something new.