The game is fine..

Gleem

I think the game is perfect the way it is.

It needs some touch up work on the graphics maybe, it needs to be able to work on XP and the AI could be a bit more agressive and smarter. There are some great AI's in other games like EU and once I played Constructor and that had a great AI too, so I don't see why "Rebellion: Milenium Edition" couldn't have one.

Also I would add some interesting campaigns and scenarios. In an ancient game called "Global Conquest" there were multiple ways of winning a game, like economic victory, or by number of kills or dominating a certain percentage of the map.

If you really wanted to change the game and try a new approach then maybe adding a little bit of action would be fun, like they did in "Pirates!". That might be fun, especially in the one player game. Imagine seeing a fully animated battle between Vader and Skywalker using the Jedi Academy engine! Then again, it would have to be done in a way that wouldn't frustrate strategical games players who generally do not like action-games, but it has been done many times in history. (Defender of the crown, Pirates!, Europe 1400)

Overall though I think just adapting the game to modern standards would be the best thing to do, especially seeing as how popular the game still is today. I was really surprised to see people still playing it..

"When you take water and pour it into a cup, it BECOMES the cup. When you put the water in a bowl it becomes the bowl. Be smart, be like water my friend.."-Bruce Lee

I was really surprised to see people still playing it..

:o Ye of little faith!!!

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Yeah i remember we talked about that AAAAGGGEESSS ago with using Dark Forces 2!!!

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

• 1 year later...
If you want to overhaul Rebellion I can pitch in some stuff. bad as I am with most computer stuff, I am a photoshop wizard (And by photo shop Wizard, I mean microsoft picture it) so I can make some pretty good looking stuff on that program and E-mail it for stuff such as characters, troops, and ships. Strictly stills, but I could help make those and I wouldn't mind... Though from what i've seen of the cards, that doesn't seem to be a problem for you guys. :roll:

12/14/07

Go here and you will find all you look for, Rebellion Reloaded is a project to overhaul Rebellion and the project leader has put out a call for talented photoshoppers. If you want to follow the concept as it priginally developed thisthread in the general dicussion forum might help. Also please browse the Rebellion Reloaded Forums. Your help would be welcomed if you're good enough for Jahled's high standards.
I've just remembered i've got a signature!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
I think the game is perfect the way it is.

It needs some touch up work on the graphics maybe, it needs to be able to work on XP and the AI could be a bit more agressive and smarter. There are some great AI's in other games like EU and once I played Constructor and that had a great AI too, so I don't see why "Rebellion: Milenium Edition" couldn't have one.

Also I would add some interesting campaigns and scenarios. In an ancient game called "Global Conquest" there were multiple ways of winning a game, like economic victory, or by number of kills or dominating a certain percentage of the map.

If you really wanted to change the game and try a new approach then maybe adding a little bit of action would be fun, like they did in "Pirates!". That might be fun, especially in the one player game. Imagine seeing a fully animated battle between Vader and Skywalker using the Jedi Academy engine! Then again, it would have to be done in a way that wouldn't frustrate strategical games players who generally do not like action-games, but it has been done many times in history. (Defender of the crown, Pirates!, Europe 1400)

Overall though I think just adapting the game to modern standards would be the best thing to do, especially seeing as how popular the game still is today. I was really surprised to see people still playing it..

I Agree simply making the game up to a modern standard is all it needs. The reason Rebellion was so popular was because it was different from other star wars games, and had simple yet addicting gameplay