Card Viewer

Krow88

I got a new computer, since my other one died, and I'm readding all the files I lost on that one onto this one. One of the ones I'm missing is the old RebEd Card Viewer. I got it here a while ago, and unless I've somehow overlooked it once or twice, I can't find it anymore. Does anyone have a copy or know a link to where I can download it again?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Oh, and anyone who has links to cards other than the database here...well, feel free to post 'em. Worded that sentence wrong, but ah, well.

Funny you should ask. There’s an odd little story behind that file.

Last year, Nabisco had intended to introduce a new product called wrapped rice crackers to the western market. They are apparently very popular in Southeast Asia.

As part of the preparation, Nabisco tried to trademark the name “Wrapped Rice” and all of its anagrams, because the brunt of the initial advertising promotion was an anagram contest on the back of Nabisco cereal boxes.

However, a misaligned ‘p’ typebar on a paten office teletype machine caused them to instead trademark “Wraved Rice” (and all of its anagrams). They must have noticed this right away, because they refiled for the right trademarks, but they never bothered to rescind or ask for a refund on the accidental trademarks Nabisco now owned.

The bureaucratic machinery of large corporations is large and unwieldy, and once it gets moving weak forces like reason and common sense are rarely strong enough to reign it in. ‘Card Viewer’ happens to be an anagram for ‘Wraved Rice’, and Nabisco’s legal department didn’t care weather it served any purpose or not.

They successfully sued http://www.swrebellion.net, and compelled it to remove that file from the site because the download contained a name they had trademarked.

I swear every word of it is true. Just ask anybody.

No.

Nabisco obtained, by court order, a record of every IP address that had downloaded the file. They used favors culled by contributions to political campaigns to illegally match those IPs with real addresses and used their own corporate shock troops to raid those homes and confiscate all hard drives that contained the card viewer file.

Nabisco then dumped all the confiscated hard drives into the Harlem River.

I understand a family of beavers has since made a damn out of them, and still live there.

Guest Scathane

Nabisco maffia! Anyway, those will probably be the first beavers to run the risk of their dam having a fixed disk error. Maybe they should format their dam! :lol:

Anyway. The card viewer was available at Mask's website, which is temporarily offline. I have the card viewer. If you give me your email address, I can send it to you.

Sorry Scath, had to edit your post, you originally had...

Anyway, those will probably be the first beavers to run the risk of their dam having a fixed dik error. Maybe they should format their dam! :lol:

It just made me giggle too much, so I changed it to disk, cos I'm guessing that's what you meant. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Guest Scathane

Well, there you have it: ElvisMiggell has performed his first out-in-the-open moderation!!! :lol:

Thanx, dude.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
hutton probly just shitting you dude i've found a couple of them and i have one myself although i don't use it but if you want it i'll mail it to you
I am the unseen, the unknowable, the unstoppable. No computer can stand before me, gate open for me, backdoors are revealed to me. Knowledge willingly spools itself out for my inspection. -star wars wraith squadron

• 12 years later...

Hate to necro this thing, but I'm hoping somebody can hook me up with a copy of the Card Viewer?

It is far easier than having to open the cards in RebEd itself.

Thanks!

Somebody say "old timer"?

Sorry, I don't have it; don't think I ever did. But I did look anyway. Good Luck!

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

• 6 years later...
  • SWR Staff - Executive

I am interested in getting my hands on it, and I know a developer or two that might like it as well. If anyone does have it, please post here or PM me. Thanks