Experience for Troops & Ships

Imperator

I have often been slightly peeved that your Imperial Commadoes, Death Squads and all your troops dont gain any experience if they successfully complete a mission or win a battle. I would have thought it more realistic say if Commadoes also gained 1 experince point every time they successfully completed a mission.

Also individual ships crews could be rated for experience thus they would have a chance of going up the ladder everytime they win a space battle.

This would enable you have ratings like:-

1) Green ( just out of the Shipyard with a new crew ) 0-10 experience

2) Cadets 10-25

3) Trained 25-50

4) Veterans 50-75

5) Elite 75-100 experience

I'm just tossing this in the air to see what everyone thinks :idea:

You have failed me for the last time

What is Life? Life is the Nation. The Individual must die anyway. Beyond the Life of the Individual is the Nation.

The ship experience idea has been discussed before, twice now, once a while ago and recently by me. Have a look around in the forum

Scanned the forums but didnt find it before I wrote the post. Sorry. Could you point me to where it is? :?:

Not a new idea, still very good!! This feature could only be present in Rebellion 2, since we can't edit the first part like that

Thanks for your note La Forge, what we have to do is see if LucasArts will develop Reb II, but I'm not going to hold my breath :roll: Is there nothing we can do as a collective forum to bring this to the attention of LucasArts :?::?::?::?:

What is Life? Life is the Nation. The Individual must die anyway. Beyond the Life of the Individual is the Nation.

i'm pretty sure the community has gotten together and givin it a try allready a while back. Not sure tho, but if we gather the ideas and send it to lucas arts with a plee to make a sequal of rebellion, something might happen. Who knows. Us the community deserves it for staying loyal with the game for all these years so who knows?

I agree, it's worth a shot.

And for the Experience thing, that should be great. And why not let for instance the fire rating increase with the experience. the more experience the faster they can fire. and that could also be introduced to the engines, repair teams, shield and possible the hull rating.

And what about changing the experience rating of the personel, because now you have an admiral and he doesn't increase in leadership when he wins a battle. The more battles the admiral wins the more experience he gets.

R2D2 Where are You.

i'm pretty sure the community has gotten together and givin it a try allready a while back. Not sure tho, but if we gather the ideas and send it to lucas arts with a plee to make a sequal of rebellion, something might happen. Who knows. Us the community deserves it for staying loyal with the game for all these years so who knows?

So my next question would be:- Is there a thread to this anywhere?? So come on Evader99, Stratus, JediIgor, Scathane, Elvis, and Trej , has the forum tried to use any of its influence with LucasArts ?. Is there anything we can do collectively or as individuals??. After all, the Forum I am sure would speak with one voice......all 2800+ of us. There are loads of ideas for Reb II, even a patch that could be made available through the Forum might be feasible.

And for the Experience thing, that should be great. And why not let for instance the fire rating increase with the experience. the more experience the faster they can fire. and that could also be introduced to the engines, repair teams, shield and possible the hull rating.

And what about changing the experience rating of the personel, because now you have an admiral and he doesn't increase in leadership when he wins a battle. The more battles the admiral wins the more experience he gets.

Here is an example of a great idea just in this thread. This would enhance the game considerably.

So come on everyone, lets list the ideas and try to approach LucasArts!!!!

What does everyone think????[/i]

• SWR Staff - Executive

So come on Evader99, Stratus, JediIgor, Scathane, Elvis, and Trej , has the forum tried to use any of its influence with LucasArts ?. Is there anything we can do collectively or as individuals??

Been there, done that.. LEC doesn't listen. Even our small fan base would not be enough for them to warrant the development of another game. Rebellion was a disaster in terms of sales and reviews. So was Force Commander. They only want to work with established games now.. namely clones such as Battlegrounds (using the AOE system no less).

However, you can support JediGreg with his new game. Wait patiently, offer your ideas, and perhaps we'll see a real heir to Rebellion in a good Star Wars mod.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Thanks for your comments Evader99, its a shame LucasArts have seemingly lost interest in the game, after all it is their baby. I've never understood why they never released the title to a 'Budget' softwarehouse. Same reason I suppose. Oh well we will just have to keep coming up with ideas :roll:

• 1 year later...
Here's an idea. Just something that i've thought of several times before, but might still work. What if Lucas Arts combines the new rebellion with several other games that were successful? Let me rephrase that. Let's say that you send in a team of wookie regiments to try to take over a planet with a general. They could allow the player to perform a more literal "take command" similar to the Tom Clancy games (Though minus the planning for idiots) and basically let you shoot storm troopers in a manner similar to loads of other Star Wars games. or elsse they could do it like TIE Fighter or X-wing Alliance. It's just an idea, and it would probably be easy enough for someone (Idealy Lucas Arts) to alter the programming so that it can be like the orriginal game and you don't have to take command. I'm just saying that if they want to stick to successful games, then they can patch up an old game with the succeses. Though it might require about eighty-five computers to hold all of the memory necessary 8O Still, possibly worth a shot.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Imperator wrote:

Scanned the forums but didnt find it before I wrote the post. Sorry. Could you point me to where it is?

Try the thread "What are people's five ESSENTIAL wants for Reb2?" in the "Rebellion 2 Ideas" forum.

There are many good ideas in there, and experienced troops/ships has been mentioned.

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

• SWR Staff - Executive
Yes, we've seen those ideas. But really such a complicated game would take enormous amount of time to develop. Not to mention the fact, as a player, you would have to learn all these games to get something done. It's really just too complicated to develop and expect a player to play

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

oh... Darn. Well, it could be scaled down to something along the lines of just the ground assaults, or just the space battles... Though I guess that would take too much effort... Sigh.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away