some thoughts..

Admiralpiett15

I like Rebellion alot and am hoping for this new Rebellion 2

some thoughts i have are:

There should be more characters for both sides,

possibly including bounty hunters, who maybe you can find and pay them to work for your side (instead of normal recruiting)/they can switch side to side based on a better "offer" for pay if you know where they are

For characters, you should be able to send them through training to raise the different parts of their stats (their diplomatic, combat, stealth..etc); such as military training and diplomatic training (or something along the lines)

I think training should be similar to the Jedi training except it goes much faster and is more effective to raise stats (otherwise it would be a waste to train for a long time to have only a 2-point stat increase)

Someone also said characters should gain wealth/power so:

You should be able to give people more ranks ex:

lieutenant,

commander,

captain(ships/fighters)---colonel(ground/troops),

general,

admiral,

planet governor,

moff/sector governor,etc...

And perhaps the higher the rank, the more pay/power/effectiveness

Also, perhaps the game should be ongoing, like this:

If you win as the Rebels, (capture vader,emperor,&coruscant) you change to the New Republic, and face new challenges from Imperial remnants, Ssi-ruuk, or Vong...

Or if you win as Imperials, (destroy base, capture mon mothma,etc..) you continue and face problems like Ssi-ruuk or Vong as the Empire might have eventually faced them...

I don't think that's something any amateurs could do though. I'm a thinkin you'd need to start begging LucasArts. :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I don't know. Has there ever been a press statement as to why they didn't make a sequel?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

The stupid crowd just didn' like Rebellion 1, so it failed on market :evil:

If it would be a bestseller, we could be now on SWR4's fan site :(

My brother is learning programming in school. I already told him, that he will be the one who makes Rebellion moddable. "It is your destiny!"

I'm sure the publisher realizes by now that any problems Rebellion may have had were in implementation, so that's not to say the concepts it used were bad. Man of those same concepts worked for other successful games.

If the company made another game, I doubt very much they'd call it a sequel, it'll probably wind up being something radically different if only cause it seems that, with every new title, they seem to try to invent something new to sell it. For Rebellion, my sense of that was that it was the camera features they hyped, not unlike Force Commander. Substance-wise though, they had a good product, I just hope they can build on that (perhaps hopefully too, making it less "click intensive" with the mouse, but that's one of my only other pet peeves with Rebellion).

Wasn't too bothered by the mouse intensive stuff. But it's not unheard of for me to get finger cramp from click-click-clcking for too long! :lol:

I don't actually have one. Might have to think about picking one up. :)