Revolutianary

Admiral-Beef

maybe we're all looking at this from the wrong perspective, i recently came up with a new idea, instead of just getting a new rebellion with better options, maybe it should be almost a whole new game, here is my idea, first, make it an entirely internet based game, and you start with a planet, wich would be named after whatever your name is, and there would already be planets from the star wars galaxy that anyone could go too or use or something, now continuing, you start with 2 shipyards, 1 for fighters and 1 for cap. ships, and a traiding facility, and a cunstuction yard, you can make alliances with other planets, and declare war on them, and you can build on planets that already exist (neutral planets that i talked about earlier) and you could keep expanding, and it would be ans Awsome Game!!!!

• SWR Staff - Executive
err .. it will be a new game, so I don't understand what's so revolutionary about your idea.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Guest JediIgor
Looks to me a lot like a regular strategy game, but with a Rebellion engine. You don't see new empires start and conquer the galaxy overnight in Star Wars, do you?

Yeah, sounds like a good game, a bit of an amalgamation of the best parts of a few other games, but i think we should stick with, THE PLAN.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

It's still a good idea though, and depending on how Greg makes the game, we could do something about modding it into your idea.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

One of the ideas I'm tossing around in game start-up options. In my storyline there are a few fixed events (although the places could potentially shift making it interesting) but beyond that it is open. The idea is to give you a number of points, equal on every team, and with those points you can build what you want, wherever you want.

For example, you would start in system X on planet Y. You could expand to any other planet in X by building facilities there, or spend a bit more and pick up the neighboring system and continue your expansion there. It all boils down to strategy.

What do you folks think?

So you couldn't just put troops on a neutral planet and it would belong to you ? If that's what you meant, then I have to say I like the old variant better, sorry.

Do you have a copy of what we suggested to you in the semi-old forum ? I think something's missing...

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Hmm, you mean like limited resources? At the beginning or throughout the game?

I'm not sure i follow.

So you can choose just to slowly build up one system or whether to explore. Won't that run the risk of becoming a straight exploration race, or will the ai be more flexible?

I like the choice, actually. Sounds like a great way to do it, Greg!

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

• 5 months later...
maybe we're all looking at this from the wrong perspective, i recently came up with a new idea, instead of just getting a new rebellion with better options, maybe it should be almost a whole new game, here is my idea, first, make it an entirely internet based game, and you start with a planet, wich would be named after whatever your name is, and there would already be planets from the star wars galaxy that anyone could go too or use or something, now continuing, you start with 2 shipyards, 1 for fighters and 1 for cap. ships, and a traiding facility, and a cunstuction yard, you can make alliances with other planets, and declare war on them, and you can build on planets that already exist (neutral planets that i talked about earlier) and you could keep expanding, and it would be ans Awsome Game!!!!

If you really want a builder star wars game go to http://www.galciv.com and mod that. It's a very good game.

Guest JediIgor

Sounds like a great idea.. and you can come up with some witty name, like "the star wars before the old republic" because by the time ANH happens they have communications throughout the galaxy.

Cmon guys, this isn't just MOO3 with Star Wars slapped on it, this is Rebellion II :roll:

But I'd still like a Reb II as well. :)