Design of ships

Admiral-Beef

that would be similar to making cards for rebed and prob be built into the editor, there could be a limitations option where the price in materials and maintinance would be figured by the stats
Why are people afraid to die? It is a natural part of life. Life and Death. They go together. Some people are just willing to speed up that process.

Or you coulkd base the price in terms of maintenance points and raw materials on the number of weapons, shield recharge, sublight speed etc etc. But surely we should be able to edit the price, just like any of the existing ship cards?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

like have it be a suggested then if you want to play easier or harder you can change it
Why are people afraid to die? It is a natural part of life. Life and Death. They go together. Some people are just willing to speed up that process.

but there be like a number beside it saying this ship is worth this sort of i think would be good

Guest JediIgor

If you guys mean designing ships outside the game, then we will be able to do this for sure.. as Greg won't be releasing Rebellion 2, but instead 'GPA' with modding tools to turn it into Rebellion 2. Hence we will be able to design new ships.

It would be a nice idea if it could auto-calculate the price however, so that you wouldn't have to scheme up something :lol:

If you guys mean designing ships outside the game, then we will be able to do this for sure.. as Greg won't be releasing Rebellion 2, but instead 'GPA' with modding tools to turn it into Rebellion 2. Hence we will be able to design new ships.

It would be a nice idea if it could auto-calculate the price however, so that you wouldn't have to scheme up something :lol:

I see what you mean, so that we don't have to worry about getting the scale of prices right, aqlthough it would have to be something that could be adjusted o suite an individuals tastes. e.g. Before RotJ Star Destroyers weren't a problem for the Imps to build, but during the Remnant it got a little harder.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Guest JediIgor
I don't think it as much a problem... The thing is, most of their ISDs got destroyed in the skirmishes with the Rebel Alliance, and they had barely any time to rebuild. Not to mention that the Core worlds (where most of the remnant was supposed to be?) are probably not as rich in minerals as the Outer Rim planets are.

According to the maps in the NJO books the Remnant is out on the rim, so after a while they would be able to build up their fleets again.

One thing though you are probably failing to see, shipyards have to make the ships and the Remnant may have the resources to build a lot of warships BUT one also needs crewers to man and operate these behemoths.
http://img30.echo.cx/img30/2519/yodavspals4fr0gi.gif

Guest JediIgor
And as you know, they had about 300 ISDs in the first NJO books. Up from 4 during VotF, if I am remembering correctly. Edited by JediIgor

VotJ? If you mean VotF then yes they used four, the only four with cloaking devices. They had more than that. I think they had about 100.

I think they had more, i'm not absolutely certain though. Always connected with the Force, i am not. Wrong sometimes i am.

Yes they had more. I remember something about 1000 systems (or planets) and like a fleet of 200 - 250 ISDs and like a thousand other smaller ships (frigates and the like). The 4 Igor was thinking about are the ones that were used by that Thrawn faker and Tierce to hide on that comet(?) or asteroid to attack the fleet massing over Bothawui over the Caamas issue.
http://img30.echo.cx/img30/2519/yodavspals4fr0gi.gif