3-and-Up-Play

Knightcrawler

How do you want multiplay?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want multiplay?

• 1) No multiplay with more than 2 people.
    • 2) Multiple Rebel Alliances/Empires.
    • 3) Multiple factions (beyond Rebel Alliance/Empire).
    • 4) Multiple factions (beyond Rebel Alliance/Empire) and/or multiple Rebel Alliances/Empires/etc..
    • 5) Chain of command.
    • 6) 2 and 5.
    • 7) 3 and 5.
    • 4 and 5.

Of course this has been discussed before, but I might as well make a topic for it seeing as this place was really slowing down. I don't think I have to introduce any of these concepts, but I will if anyone needs me to. Take your pick of the above options or post and have me add a new one. Also, please write in a post if you want a limit to the number of players in any one multiplay game if that number is greater than 2. Also please state whether you want alliances between players to be an option or even people from one chain of command betraying their commanders and moving to the other side. What are your thoughts on spectators?
Hello

Okay, here are my thoughts. I think that the number of players should be limited to 8 in a faction-faction game, 12 in faction-faction-faction, 16 in faction-faction-faction-faction, etc.. I would probably say double that in an ideal world, but this isn't an ideal world :P. I think spectators should be allowed to watch the proceedings. Each faction would have 2 votes: Whether they want to be viewed by spectators at all and whether or not they will allow spectators to view other factions and speak with spectators viewing other factions. I am sure most low-bandwidth players will still play with less than 4 players including spectators, but there are high-bandwidth people and LAN parties. I think alliances between factions should be allowed or disallowed in a pre-game vote, but I don't think betrayals should be allowable. Too much programming for such a lame rule...
Hello

Rah! Cracking post, cracking concept.. Knight dude. I'm with Tk on this one for the time being until the idea fully sinks in. Imagine if four, six, eight player options had been originally released with the game, one player; say Thrawn, with his minor characters (Dorja, Paelleon...), another Imperial player with Vader (with Boba Fett, Piet), another as the Emperor (with say Jade, Jerod..), you get my drift...the game would have ROCKED SKYLINE TIME! Lucasarts might even have supported it.... :?
http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Yeah, by "Chain of command," I mean having one person being voted as basically the guy who does large, sweeping commands such as moving a fleet from one sector to another and ordering construction. The other people would have positions determined by the whole team. One character could be in charge of character missions, another in charge of resources and building, another in charge of expansion and fleet composition, etc.. It really all depends on the team. You can even do it so that each player has control of a whole sector. Microphone communication would probably be best for this type of game, but it would be fine if everyone typed fast enough, too. Chain of command basically allows people to have really detailed and optimized control of their faction while still having the game on about Medium speed.

*Edit in*

And of course during battles, each person would be assigned certain Task Forces and Fighter Groups as determined pre-battle.

Hello

Guest Scathane
Yeah, by "Chain of command," I mean having one person being voted as basically the guy who does large, sweeping commands such as moving a fleet from one sector to another and ordering construction. The other people would have positions determined by the whole team. One character could be in charge of character missions, another in charge of resources and building, another in charge of expansion and fleet composition, etc.. It really all depends on the team. You can even do it so that each player has control of a whole sector. Microphone communication would probably be best for this type of game, but it would be fine if everyone typed fast enough, too. Chain of command basically allows people to have really detailed and optimized control of their faction while still having the game on about Medium speed.

*Edit in*

And of course during battles, each person would be assigned certain Task Forces and Fighter Groups as determined pre-battle.

What can I say: 8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)

Guest JediIgor
Coop would be a lot easier to implement, and you could manually assign the positions to the people outside of the game :)

I like what I'm hearing here guys. :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away