Welcome Anonymous!
We host quality Star Wars sites - inquire at The Star Wars Rebellion Network  
SW:Rebellion Network
imminent-bean

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: Rebellion 2?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:33 pm 
<!-- Corporal //-->

Good work! Keep it up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:37 am 
<!-- Colonel -->

Yes., and thanks. The AI is the easy part for me.
The AI for the game it will be very good, but not a digital precise computer over whelming the person, nor like a Deep Blue super computer using brute force. After playing alot of chess games against AI, I want something that can mimmick a real person.

Last edited by Slocket on Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:05 am 
<!-- Sergeant //-->

You're really getting my hopes up! :) I'm seriously looking forward to seeing your version. It sounds like you've got enough elbow room to implement more than one level of the AI, harder and easier.

Any rough estimates on when? (No worries, I'm realistic - I waited years and years for a restoration of Kotor 2 ;) )

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:40 pm 
<!-- Colonel -->

Since it is a free game, working on it part time, it takes longer than I thought it would. I hope within the next year.

I want to release some stuff to play with to get a feel for the game's remake so people can see what is going on.

But the progress is slow. It is a complete re-write of the game, that is a very big challenge. Years and years is very much realistic. I thought I could do it within one orginally. Instead, 2-3 years.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:19 am 
<!-- Sergeant //-->

After playing this some more, one thing I'd really like to see in a remake is a way to automate spy missions to one's own planets. So you could post them there permanently and they'd issue their repots but not finish the mission on their own. Kinda like diplomacy/incite/research missions.

This would not let you do anything that was impossible in the original game, just automate the repetitiveness.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:34 pm 
<!-- Lieutenant //-->

I never spied my own planets... What was the point of it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:58 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith
Dark Lord of the Sith

To find and enemy characters on your planet to try and capture/kill them. Not sure how effective that really is

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.
- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -
The cake is a lie.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:57 am 
<!-- Lieutenant //-->

Ah okay.

Dont suppose there is a list anywhere of the formula used by LucasArts to handle diplomacy/combat/missions and all that?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:38 am 
<!-- Colonel -->

Nothing published. But look inside RebEd and you can see the Chart profiles of mission success based upon the differences in stat ratings to chance success.

You also have Decoys/Foilers and total number of characters (mixed with Special Forces) that go on a mission. That is a mystery. Too many decoys and characters and maybe your mission gets foiled, but your main minor characters will usually escape unharmed. Then again if not enough decoys, you run a real risk of your character getting caught sneaking by foilers and troop regiments, or enemy characters high in espionage protecting that target.

This is for me one of the most fascinating aspects of the game and would like to play out a small card like 2D after action report showing what actually happened during the mission, success or failure, who gets killed or injured, and escapes or captured using stat based and abilities play out. Either automatic, so it is not so micro managment, or manually for those important missions where you really want some more involvement.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:32 am 
<!-- Warlord -->

Location: Death Stars are out at night, big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas.
steel wrote:
I never spied my own planets... What was the point of it?

I always spy on my "major/critical" systems. If you find out enemy missions are on the way, the majority of the time they become "foiled". But for those that don't fail, I "attack" those missions with missions of my own. Commandos take out other commandos/spys/probes, and I've actually captured characters before :twisted: . Nothing like keeping your opponent "in the dark"

It also lets you know when enemy fleets are inbound, so you can prepare. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:49 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Hi

Is it possible to play this Rebellion 2?

Players waiting on this game (I am) can check out whis game http://www.spaceraze.com

Good luck and see you in a galaxy far far away!

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13