Galactic Civilizations :: your impressions

JediGreg

Guest Scathane
I must say I haven't played it... But I've taken a look at the website and it definitely looks good. I have an exam coming up, so that'll take me about a week and a half. After that I'll try it out.

Certainly I've heard good things about it, but never played it. :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I have followed this game and it is very good. It has made nonwar victories fun so the whole game has more than a war dimension which is more than could have been said of civ3. Political parties are innovative and civ abilities add much replayability. Diplomatic speech is too blunt and there are no such things as green stars but it has a death star unit so I love it.

Well? Deathstar units? Explanation please?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

What? Is this a Star Wars game?!?

Guest Scathane
What? Is this a Star Wars game?!?
Sigh! No, it isn't but apparently these designer thought it was fun to incorporate a Death Star unit...

However, JediGreg is thinlking about using the enigine for his Rebellion 2 game...

• 2 weeks later...
I am new here so greetings.If any of you have civ2 multiplayer gold go here http://www.civfanatics.com..Go to the downloads/science fiction.There you will find a couple of GREAT user created Star Wars scenarios.They are as in depth as Rebellion.If you have the regular civ2-you can download an upgrade patch at the same site,then play the scenarios. :D Edited by Beingofone

"I dont believe it"

That, is why you fail"

Guest Scathane
I am new here so greetings.If any of you have civ2 multiplayer gold go here http://www.civfanatics.com..Go to the downloads/science fiction.There you will find a couple of GREAT user created Star Wars scenarios.They are as in depth as Rebellion.If you have the regular civ2-you can download an upgrade patch at the same site,then play the scenarios. :D

Nice tip, dude. By the way: welcome!!!

Welcome Beingofone, you are always welcome here, even if your name sounds like something out of Star Trek!!! :P

Thanks ElvisMiggell for the welcome.

Anyone who understands the true nature of the force,understands what a being of one is. :wink:

To bad you dont have Civ 2.you can pick up a copy for 10$.

"I dont believe it"

That, is why you fail"

I see what you mean about a BeingOfOne. :)