New web based mmog calling developers!

tehgrandadmiral

Ok im sick of waiting for Eleven Thirty One to come back, so im going to do this myself.

Essentially exact same idea, im getting forums set up, and attempting to reestablish contacts with the developers, unfortunately Eleven Thirty One never gave me any of his code, so we're starting from square one there.

We have the combat Calculations, courtesy of me

We have all the compiled informations, courtesy of me ;)

so let's get this rolling!

• 1 month later...

Believe it or not I came here looking for exactly this. Someone interested in a browser-based version of Rebellion. It almost seems like the perfect game to be converted to a MMO Browser game.

Well while there isn't much I can do as a developer, I could design very well made 2d art to match the original Rebellion graphics. I would also be able to design graphics for the actual webpage.

Personally I think we need to rally some support for this and get it off the ground. Once we got started, with the help of an established website like this, we could easily maintain a development team, and more than enough fans.

Let me know if you're still interested, and perhaps we can talk further.

- Eric

• SWR Staff - Executive
I think we do need to see some conceptual work done first. Esp in the way of the interface, something that would be easy for people to use and eventually to implement in any language. Esp since we would have more screen space now instead of 640x480 - probably a windowed mode of 800x600 or 1024x768

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

• 2 weeks later...
ok well, you guys have missed most of what i've been doing, i finally found someone to do the Flash, what we need now is graphics artists and people to set up a web page for us, i'll be PMing people, and my AIM and Google Talk are GrandAThrawn, i look forward to doing this

I was looking for what was left of Eleven Thirty One's game attempt a few months ago and couldn't find anything.

I was never able to offer anything to the project other than spreading word of it to other sites really and some suggestions about combat. :(

• 4 months later...

well i'm STILL trying to get this going, so far all i've been able to do or have done is the conceptual work which is kind of disgusting really. Please feel free to try and contact me as i'd really love to get this going my aim and google talk are the same, and my email adress is gathrawn@comcast.net

Any contribution are helpful.

right now i have an add on Rentacoder for a coder,but if i'm forced to use all of my own money, there's no way in hell this is going to be a Star Wars game, because then there would be no way for me to make any of it back.

anyone willing to contribute anything from drinking water-money-coding time for this project should contact me, and let's actually get one of these babies made!

well, as I mentioned in reply to your email, you have my assistace.

Unfortunately my knowledge is more in the line of c#/3d/ traditional game rather than a web-based game, so I'm really not sure how much I can do for ya.

I would advice against renting a coder, as it will be absurdly expensive (if this is our only option, i would say that we should try a smaller project!).

but in either case, I'll be around.. if there's anything i can help with

http://nordwindranger.com

I should really make a flashy banner

I can't be of much assistance either as I'm focused mainly on 3d graphics and C++ too, but still...

Besides if you need some inspiration for the designing process, you might check out Terra (link is in my sig I hope) and it's design doc.

I agree with nordwind, renting a coder isn't good idea, unless you have someone to sponsor (or at least regularly donate to) your project. Without this, you might end up without money and with unfinished chunks of code nobody understands (except of the coder who left when you ran out of money).

Best of luck.

-rebellion2 enthusiast-

Terra Reconstructed