Insted of having to scroll and scroll through posts...

GonkRaider

Cna someone tell me the state of afairs concerning rebellion 2??... also.. Does anyone else think they did a half ass job on the game?? I say BOOO to lucas arts for pushing such a neat idea then shiting it out as quickly as they could
GET YOUR HANDS OFF me you damned dirty gonks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REbellion II is a mod for JediGreg's game. It is not related at all to LucasArts, bacauuse of the reasons you yourself gave.

Greg is working on a game, that can be easily modded by us into Reb II. He appears here and there and looks at the idea, we come up with. Not all of them will be in the game, but it'll be an improvement over the original game.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Did LucasArts EVER say they were going to make a sequel?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Guest Scathane

Not that I'm aware of. I remember when it (Rebellion) was released: most computer/gaming magazines totally dissed it for its lack of graphics. PCFormat, however, admitted the graphics weren't much to look at, but that it was one of the best strategy games ever made.

Does anyone know why Lucasarts made so little of the graphics?

You're right. Virtually all of the gamming industry completely slatted the game. I think Gonk states what we all feel, an unsupported, half-hearted and unfinnished game rushed onto the shelves... Just looking through the game files using Resource Hacker and finding unused files and sounds, like the Milenium Falcon in the tactical game, major character's lines we never get to hear, etc...

If you think about it, Lucasarts were proberbly just trying to get a Star Wars title out into the market to fill a gap of a gaming genre.

BTW: Mask, dude, did you make any progress with that Milenium Falcon bit in the tactical game? We drool in anticipation!

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

At work at the moment so I can't give you the precise string numbers in resource hacker, but there's loads of Leia saying things like: 'Call this a rescue!' and 'Will you get this walking carpet out of the way!'

Guest Scathane
Sjeeez! Your boss won't even let you run copies of Rebellion, ResHacker and RebEd at work?! Sheer slavery! He's probabaly a Hutt.

Just remembered this post of mine from last year:

Found loads more WAVE files, check out ALSPRITE.DLL; Leia saying: 'Call this a rescue,' and 'Put that away before you get us all killed,' from the film but WHERE ande WHEN in the game.... 1339/1340/1341/1342/1343/1348, also Boba Fett delivering Solo to Vader : 1033. Any body come across these during a game?

Guest Scathane
Thanks, Jahled, very interesting..... I have certainly never heared them before. But, then again, I have never encountered the situation where Leia is told she can use the force by Luke, nor have I ever had Han Solo captured by Jabba.

Thanks, Jahled, very interesting..... I have certainly never heared them before. But, then again, I have never encountered the situation where Leia is told she can use the force by Luke, nor have I ever had Han Solo captured by Jabba.

Luke tells Leia she can use the Force only after he learns his true heritage after meeting with Darth Vader.

Han Solo being captured by Bounty Hunters is quite a rare occurance.

Guest Scathane
I cannot help but wonder what the occasion would be where Leia screams Watch where you point that thing, you're gonna get us all killed.

Good grief! All these years playing the game and you mention something that's never happened in one of my games!

Go on then, is it different from the normal final battle?

I cannot help but wonder what the occasion would be where Leia screams Watch where you point that thing, you're gonna get us all killed.

I had a theory it might be an egg in the game if Leia is captured on the Death Star and you send Han, Luke, and Chewie to rescue her. Try as I might I couldn't get her to say that. To the original point that Gank, and I think we all probably agree on, is that it was a game Lucas Arts rushed out leaving quite a few things unfinnished!

It would be cool if Mask or someone could put things like missing lines back into the game.... :roll:

Guest Scathane
It sure would. I would also like it if someone could upgrade the frequency of Han being kidnapped. Edited by Scathane

Luke has to discover that vader is his father apon capturing him,then taking him to coruscant. Luke will try to escpae apon day 2000.. be sure to have vader on the planet when he does.. the final battle will take place. Nothing that special. .expect luke says " You'll never turn me!!" Or something very lame =)

See the picture in the top left pannel??? thats the event card =D

Edited by GonkRaider

Guest Scathane
Luke has to discover that vader is his father apon capturing him,then taking him to coruscant. Luke will try to escpae apon day 2000.. be sure to have vader on the planet when you do.

Then what?

Guest Scathane
I edited =D

I still don't quite know what you mean. Apart from the fact that you seem to have edited the event card that is shown in the topleft corner of this screen.

ok, now your upseting me =) .....after luke confronts vader and is captured.. take him to coruscant. Be sure to have vader at coruscant around day 2000 because thats when luke will escape.

The final battle event will take place during that time if both vader and the emperor are with lukewhen he trys to escape.. UNDERSTANDDA??

BTW I ALREADY EXPLAINED THIS TO YOU ONCE WOMAN SO please.. take a long walk off in to a wooded area and get lost

Edited by GonkRaider

Guest Scathane
The final battle event will take place during that time if both vader and the emperor are with vader when he trys to escape.. UNDERSTANDDA??

If you mean both Vader and the Emperor are with Luke when he tries to escape, then I understand (if that is what you mean with understandda)... :lol:

Is there a different picture when the message comes up or do they say anything different when it happens?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

The final battle event will take place during that time if both vader and the emperor are with vader when he trys to escape.. UNDERSTANDDA??

If you mean both Vader and the Emperor are with Luke when he tries to escape, then I understand (if that is what you mean with understandda)... :lol:

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 10:33 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, now your upseting me =) .....after luke confronts vader and is captured.. take him to coruscant. Be sure to have vader at coruscant around day 2000 because thats when luke will escape.

The final battle event will take place during that time if both vader and the emperor are with lukewhen he trys to escape.. UNDERSTANDDA??

BTW I ALREADY EXPLAINED THIS TO YOU ONCE WOMAN SO please.. take a long walk off in to a wooded area and get lost

also.. now you too are on my ignore list.. You went out of your way to rile me.. I will not talk to rebel rousers.. SO save it for now on