RESIGNED!!! REMOVE ACCOUNT!!!

Guest Pucho777

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the old forum will be completely ported into this new one, cause we already had bleeding fingers from writing all the cool ideas for Rebellion 2 :D

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Guest JediIgor

If you are talking about the EZboard forum, go ahead and port it yourself... by copy and pasting :P

If you mean the semi-old forum, the one before our site was down for extended maintenance.. then I'm sorry to report that it's gone.

I'm new here so I'd like to see some of the ideas you guys have come up with. My friends and I have come up with a few ourselves just shooting ideas around.

But we've also come to the conclusion that it porbably won't ever be done.

I can't be dead, this hurts to much to be dead.

The semi-old one is gone :cry: ?

Bummer, my poor bleeding fingers :wink:

Ok, one thing I remember was, being able to capture enemy vessels with, assault transports or likely vessels. So you can have ISDs as Rebels, MonCals as Imps, ... of course, first you'd have to disable them. If it would be done the way it was in Homeworld, it would also suffice (although I like the other version better).

Another big thing was new tactical maneuvers. Not just for those of us, that finally want to see, how a mark-sable maneuver looks, simply more maneuvers, like barrages, or always presenting your good shields to the enemy, ... that kind of stuff.

Did Greg ever copy our ideas ? That way the things we forgot, wouldn't be lost forever.

Guest JediIgor

You know if we turned the tactical part of Rebellion into Homeworld, it would be just perfect! :D

And we'd get sued shortly thereafter, :cry:

--As for your ideas, Ironwolf, post them anyways.. who knows :)

As far as I see, this game's engine should be more like Half-Life's - flexible... (They released their APIs I think?) -- Heck, they just released a new game (Nightfire) on that 6-year old engine.

Otherwise, Greg would have to do all the coding... we couldn't implement new features without him :(

I suppose Open-source is out the door though, :x

I don't think we'd get sued, we'd have to be fairly careful, i guess it depends, if we used the coding that they used then obviously we'd be in s**t, but if Greg or someone did it themselves with a couple of minor differences then we could get away with it. Just imagine, after you took out the Interdictor you could make a mini jump to make a two pronged attack. A combination of the two would be good, because Rebellion actually had a slightly better 3d combat feel to it.

And we need to see some of the new ships, like the Suncrusher, the real one, because the one's on the cards are wrong!

Elvismiggell

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Pucho777,

It's not a good idea to post your real name and real address on a site that anyone can see.

Rebellion 2 is not actually going to be a Star Wars game to start with. Whenever Greg (jedigreg) gets the game completed, we will have to mod it into a SW game. Check out the topic about what he is doing. We're all eagerly awaiting the game.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Which means that we could have several different versions with different timezones. So in theory, we could have three different versions running the three most popular timezones at the same time on different servers. I think.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Peter de Dijker

Wagenmaker 31

3201 TL Spijkenisse

The Netherlands.

Dammit, i did it again D: Bad idea ?

Nobody dies a virgin, life screws us all.

Venix

The Rankless-One

:lol:

Venix, no one wants to see you! You're perfectly safe to post your address on the net! Hahahaha! 8O

Just kiddin'

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Well, im sure that there's some deranged psycho out there who will take advantage of this and hunt you down and do something unpleasant (or maybe pleasant, i wouldn't know) to you. The question is, is that person a member of this site?!?

Elvis: All members of this site are deranged psychos...we just aren't violent.

:lol:

The upgrading facilities idea is a very good one. Many of the "explore, build, conquer" games use that, but I guess Rebellion came out before that became popular.

Support the USA!

:idea: I just thought of another idea; ability to upgrade old facilities to new ones without having to scrap them/build new ones elsewhere. Of course, will involve a certain amount of time & expense to do so, but won't be so inconvenient. A very realistic idea too! :lol:

Makes sense. Have the cost/construction time be the difference between the new-build costs for the advanced and regular, and the upgrade has to be done by another construction facility.

Now you can sue him, like any good deranged psycho would :lol:

You mean like any good deranged non-violent psycho!!!

I think the upgrade idea is good. You could apply it to ships as well, i.e Imp Star Deuce could be an auto upgrade, they would be out of action while it happens though, their hitpoints would go down and they'd loose their hyperspace drives.

Pucho,

A ship in hyperspace can't get new information. They can't receive communications and they can't use sensors in hyperspace.

Just an observation...

Support the USA!

Pucho777: You've got me there, i should have thought of that. What about upgrades for troops though? Say being able to research troop upgrades, like translators for wookie regiments that lets them act as superiors to other regiments. Then if you had a wookie reg and three sullustan reg's it would make the sullustans more effective. Something along those lines. Or researching officer school which would automaticall promote one of the troops in a reg to be in command and improove the efficiency of the reg. Or x-wings. There's the old X-wing, the XJ-wing and the XJ3-wing that i can think of immediately. I know that the tiomeline doesn't exactly cater for it, but my games often last for 10,000 days, which would easily fit the timeline.

maybe

anyways, we should have say r+d finds a new kind of engine, or say you capture a moncal and the engine is more efficient you should be able to upgrade that part but not change it to a diff class of ship

Why are people afraid to die? It is a natural part of life. Life and Death. They go together. Some people are just willing to speed up that process.

The hyperspace thing is not that simple. You might know what's changed in the galaxy while your fleet is in hyperspace, but they don't. According to Star Wars Science, a ship in hyperspace cannot be contacted. Therefore you shouldn't really be able to contact your fleet to drop them out of hyperspace. It could be part of the difficulty options though.