Welcome Anonymous!
We host quality Star Wars sites - inquire at The Star Wars Rebellion Network  
SW:Rebellion Network
imminent-bean
 



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Rebellion Remake Release Demos!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:38 pm 
Offline
<!-- Colonel -->

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:00 am
Posts: 505
Yes. I made a scrollable and zoom-able 2D interface with planets and such about 3 months ago. I can upload here, but it is not a professional product. Maybe you can add more planet artwork to it?

I would like to make it more of a true turn based "Master of Orion II" style theme. "Master of Coruscant" so to speak.

Image:Image

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5235/rebellion2013.png


http://www.sendspace.com/file/e0uqa8


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rebellion Remake Release Demos!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:16 pm 
Offline
<!-- Admiral -->
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:00 am
Posts: 866
Yay progress!

_________________
Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual
"O be wise, what can I say more?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rebellion Remake Release Demos!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:28 am 
Offline
<!-- Cadet //-->

Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:27 am
Posts: 2
Is this still active


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rebellion Remake Release Demos!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:09 pm 
Offline
<!-- Colonel -->

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:00 am
Posts: 505
yes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rebellion Remake Release Demos!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:30 pm 
Offline
<!-- Cadet //-->

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:28 pm
Posts: 1
Hello, i am a german rebellion player. I have seen this topic. Nice screens. I have wuestion to the status of the mod.
Have it a new KI ?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rebellion Remake Release Demos!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:04 pm 
Offline
<!-- Warlord -->
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:00 am
Posts: 1675
Location: Wisconsin
I downloaded windowsgame6.rar. After unpacking it, I find four .exe files. Each file, when I try to open them, I get the following dialog box:
Image
The only difference between the error messages is the name of the file.

Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong?

_________________
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....
My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral
Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces
(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium
"To BEAK is Divine!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rebellion Remake Release Demos!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:38 pm 
Offline
<!-- Colonel -->

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:00 am
Posts: 505
Code:
  public Game1()
        {
            graphics = new GraphicsDeviceManager(this);
            Content.RootDirectory = "Content";
            graphics.PreferredBackBufferWidth = 1920;
            graphics.PreferredBackBufferHeight = 1080;
            graphics.ApplyChanges();
        }
       
        string[] aPlanetNameText =File.ReadAllLines("../PlanetName.txt"); // "ReadAllLines" convenient perfect fit format = as one large string array. Names of Planets.       
        string[] aPlanetPosText = File.ReadAllLines("../PlanetPosition.txt");  // "ReadAllLines" prefitted in as one large string array. Those are integers characters of text.
        string[] aPlanetLoyText = File.ReadAllLines("../PlanetLoyalty.txt");
        string[] aPlanetOwnText = File.ReadAllLines("../PlanetOwner.txt");
        string[] aPlanetTexText = File.ReadAllLines("../PlanetTexture.txt");

        /// <summary>
        /// Allows the game to perform any initialization it needs to before starting to run.
        /// This is where it can query for any required services and load any non-graphic
        /// related content.  Calling base.Initialize will enumerate through any components
        /// and initialize them as well.
        /// </summary>
It is not finding the text files because of the directory structure. Tht whole folder is the complete directory taken from Visual Express 2010. Of course it works on my computer. Here try this one exactly as it is after you unRAR it. There is s only one EXE is it. It should find the text files (that is so you you easily edit stuff using a basic text editor).

that" ../ filename" should look in the directory relative to the EXE for that file 'up one' forward slash each dot.. i thought.

http://www.filedropper.com/rebellion2013 :P


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rebellion Remake Release Demos!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:59 pm 
Offline
<!-- Colonel -->

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:00 am
Posts: 505
Avarice1987 wrote:
Hello, i am a german rebellion player. I have seen this topic. Nice screens. I have wuestion to the status of the mod.
Have it a new KI ?


Thanks you for your interest. I just got back to working on it. Main thrust is complete rewrite into a common language C++ using XNA 4.0 from original DarkBasic. It will have a new AI since the original one was dismally stupid. Plus I had to convert and make new artwork or scrounge off the internet wide screen format and a new UI for modern 9:16 displays. Go ahead and see if that last small test UI will work on your computer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rebellion Remake Release Demos!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:52 pm 
Offline
<!-- Admiral -->
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:00 am
Posts: 866
Looks good. I can scroll around by left-clicking and dragging, and can move the "sector view" window that came up when loading. However, it loads off-screen. Can't seem to figure out how to bring it back to the center, nor resize the window. Tried window mode, various compatibility settings (like scaling and running in lower resolutions), etc. Also, when minimizing and maximizing again, I lost the "sector view" window. Not sure if it's just hiding somewhere off screen, or if it actually disappeared.

Running in Win7 64bit.

_________________
Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual
"O be wise, what can I say more?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rebellion Remake Release Demos!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:50 pm 
Offline
<!-- Colonel -->

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:00 am
Posts: 505
OK that is correct and it is not crashing :) . I forgot to add the initialization/check if valid range> for the mouse variables, such as when leaving focus (minimizing and maximizing the window or starting up at first). Thanks for the feedback and let me fix that real quick.

Notice you can click on a planet and at the bottom a more detailed view of what is on the planet will come up in the pop up box along the bottom of the UI. What should it contain? I thought would be nice to see a more detailed Planet defenses and industry with population Size troop level. Without having to open up the Planet surface window. Let me photo shop up ?add some more code to give an idea. UI feedback is welcomed.

Example 3 Laser LNR II cannon + Picture maybe. 8 Storm troopers ( or just total point value of troops), A blue circle Halo around planet to show fully shielded and half circle if troops can still invade...Industry and mine economic level.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rebellion Remake Release Demos!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:30 pm 
Offline
<!-- Admiral -->
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:00 am
Posts: 866
Slocket wrote:
OK that is correct and it is not crashing :) . I forgot to add the initialization/check if valid range> for the mouse variables, such as when leaving focus (minimizing and maximizing the window or starting up at first). Thanks for the feedback and let me fix that real quick.

Notice you can click on a planet and at the bottom a more detailed view of what is on the planet will come up in the pop up box along the bottom of the UI. What should it contain? I thought would be nice to see a more detailed Planet defenses and industry with population Size troop level. Without having to open up the Planet surface window. Let me photo shop up ?add some more code to give an idea. UI feedback is welcomed.

Example 3 Laser LNR II cannon + Picture maybe. 8 Storm troopers ( or just total point value of troops), A blue circle Halo around planet to show fully shielded and half circle if troops can still invade...Industry and mine economic level.

I think the blue halo to show shields is a great idea for the at-a-glance view.

I did not notice that. I can only pull up a detailed view by clicking on the planet's name, not the picture. Also, once I have clicked on a planet's name, the detail view doesn't seem to have a means of closing manually, timing out on its own, or being replaced by clicking on another planet. Perhaps the detail view should show up when the mouse hovers over the planet? If the user clicks, the view stays up so it can be interacted with, but the hover view could function to quickly check a planet's status.

Hm... what to put there... I like having some things visible at a glance, as in stock Rebellion. That would be loyalty and the presence of a fleet. It would be nice for idle personnel to be viewable at a glance, without setting any views. Not that views have no place- having the stars show up from the galaxy view is important. But the things I want to see most often when playing Rebellion are: Loyalty, Fleets, Idle Personnel, and Idle Facilities. The presence of mines/refineries or the presence of some sort of defenses were of much lower importance to me. Available energy was also occasionally useful; not sure if it should be viewable at a glance.

For the detail menu, regardless of whether you use a hover-over function, a click-on function, or both, I would want defenses and facilities. Assuming other things like loyalty are visible without the detail view, you could do something like this: [2] [1] [0] [5] [3] [etc]

Each set of brackets represents a picture with a number. The first could be active personnel. The second, total troop regiments. Third, total fighter squadrons. Fourth, total defensive emplacements. Also nice to see here would be total factories (possibly broken down by type), perhaps the total number of capital ships in orbit or a calculation of fleet strength (could be computed based on numbers of certain ship classes, or on total hull damage it would take to destroy the fleet, or something else). And any of the things I mentioned before that you chose not to make visible at a glance should be in this detail view (such as available energy). The color of the icon can represent what faction the units are made up of; a red fleet icon of [5] would represent the presence of five Alliance capital ships, while a half-red, half-green [3] for personnel could represent three active operatives, of which some are Alliance and some are Imperial.

I think simply knowing how many troop regiments are present is enough for a quick view. If I want to know what operative is active on a planet, or whether the troops are Sullustians or Mon Calamari, I could open up the planet's full view.

_________________
Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual
"O be wise, what can I say more?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rebellion Remake Release Demos!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:02 pm 
Offline
<!-- Warlord -->
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:00 am
Posts: 1675
Location: Wisconsin
Slocket wrote:
It is not finding the text files because of the directory structure. Tht whole folder is the complete directory taken from Visual Express 2010. Of course it works on my computer. Here try this one exactly as it is after you unRAR it. There is s only one EXE is it. It should find the text files (that is so you you easily edit stuff using a basic text editor).

that" ../ filename" should look in the directory relative to the EXE for that file 'up one' forward slash each dot.. i thought.

http://www.filedropper.com/rebellion2013 :P

I'm seeing a 0kb download at this link. Is there a problem at my end or with the server?

_________________
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....
My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral
Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces
(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium
"To BEAK is Divine!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rebellion Remake Release Demos!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:39 pm 
Offline
<!-- Cadet //-->

Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:17 pm
Posts: 2
Hi Slocket, I PMed you about this project. Keep up the good work!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rebellion Remake Release Demos!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:37 pm 
Offline
<!-- Admiral -->
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:00 am
Posts: 866
Mitth_raw_nuruodo wrote:
Slocket wrote:
It is not finding the text files because of the directory structure. Tht whole folder is the complete directory taken from Visual Express 2010. Of course it works on my computer. Here try this one exactly as it is after you unRAR it. There is s only one EXE is it. It should find the text files (that is so you you easily edit stuff using a basic text editor).

that" ../ filename" should look in the directory relative to the EXE for that file 'up one' forward slash each dot.. i thought.

http://www.filedropper.com/rebellion2013 :P

I'm seeing a 0kb download at this link. Is there a problem at my end or with the server?

I see the file just fine. Use the "Download This File" link in white text with a grey box, just below two text fields for URL and Embed. You'll know its the right link when it asks you to prove you're human with a Captcha. The other links are ads.

_________________
Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual
"O be wise, what can I say more?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rebellion Remake Release Demos!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:25 am 
Offline
<!-- Warlord -->
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:00 am
Posts: 1675
Location: Wisconsin
I did that and nothing happened. I'll try with my wife's computer later today and report back.

_________________
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....
My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral
Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces
(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium
"To BEAK is Divine!"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

 
 
 
^Top 
Home Your Account Forums Downloads F.A.Q. Submit News Hosting Contact Us

© 1999-2008 by SWRebellion.com. All Rights Reserved.
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters.
You can syndicate our news using the file backend.php

    Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group