Rebellion 2: Starships

DavidAdas

Hello again everyone! As always, apologies for the absence. Long weekends, heh.

After considerable planning and polishing, though, my data and script engines are complete.

All game data is stored in XML files and all game scripts are written in Python.

Both are really easy to navigate and work with. Even for non-programmers.

But anyway. I'm now going through each section and creating/completing the game data itself.

As I go through each section, I will likely make a post requesting suggestions.

This time, specifically, I am looking for starship and starfighter suggestions.

While a lot of the previous game's data can remain, some ships (e.g. the Bulwark) could use retooling.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to post them here or (better yet) email me: djadams2007@gmail.com

The current goal is to have at least 7-8 starfighters and 12-15+ capital ships per faction.

I have a quick question. Have you completed any of the 3D stuff yet or are you solely focusing on the 2D aspect first?

Is there any way I could grab a look at your code to see how you went about certain aspects? Specifically the gamescripting interests me at the moment.

Hello DavidAdas, i am a fan of the Rebellion game, even i've made a mod for it too.

By this reason i've gathered tons of pictures - everithing what is SW.

So, i can provide for you some ship models.

I have internet at home now, if you use yahoo messenger can add me.

(santaantal@yahoo.com)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3426

Here you can see, what i've done 4 years ago.

This Rebellion 2 is fully based on the original Rebellion, or how ?

If yes, i can help to make the personnel's pictures too. (i have many high quality pictures of different persons wich i didn't used yet - we can use in R2)

Also sometimes i correcting the RELOADED character's pictures - they are done appr. 60%.

Even though I've actually spoken to both Steel and Antonius ex forum but decided to answer their questions again for public record :)

I have a quick question. Have you completed any of the 3D stuff yet or are you solely focusing on the 2D aspect first?
Yes, many of the 3D models are complete. You can see some sample screen shots of the models (and the working 3D engine) here, here, and here.

As I mentioned to Steel earlier, though, I don't plan on making any more models as they take me a considerable amount of time to make.

Almost ~75+ hours each! When ships are finalized, though, I will likely start a modeler hunt.

Is there any way I could grab a look at your code to see how you went about certain aspects? Specifically the gamescripting interests me at the moment.
As I mentioned to Steel earlier, I do not yet have my code up on a repository. I am currently working on getting a website set up for the game.

Once completed, I will likely host the code there (as well as on Google's repository).

This Rebellion 2 is fully based on the original Rebellion, or how ?
Yup! The ultimate goal here is to make the game 100% the spiritual successor of its predecessor.

In short, Rebellion 2 is simply my contribution to the original Rebellion's mod community (this community, really).

Since 1998 you guys have fought impressively hard to expand the depth of the first Rebellion - and my aim here is to finish the job.

As far as the ships go, how long of a timeline do you want the research tree to expand? Could start exactly post-Clone Wars and move until the formation of the New Republic.

I ask because this will directly affect what ships are available and when.

• 4 weeks later...