An idea for in-game Music for Rebellion2 (JediGreg)

SWARMER

Should Rebellion have external .MP3 Music Files  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rebellion have external .MP3 Music Files

• Yes, sweet idea
    • No, too big of a file size
    • I don't really care

I was thinking as i played Heroes 3 that it would be cool if Rebellion took sounds from .mp3 Format. In the game of Heroes 3 that i have on my computer i have changed the ingame music to music that i like. It would be cool if that were true about Rebellion 2 aswell. I'm also not sure if it is Size efficient...
The Force is one and all

..emmm..interesting ideas, Swarmer. I sort of touched on this quite a while back with something to do with music from the Jedi Knight games.

Nice idea, though, it would be cool to expand the background music of Rebellion with say a track from, for example, one of the Dark Forces games. Personally, I love the track 'Nar Shaddaa' from the original Dark Forces game, how nice it would be to have that in the background as my Star Destroyers move into orbit over a rebel world....

Having said that, I seem to recall someone saying they have Metallica's Imperial March playing when they launch the game...I wonder who, and would they care to reveal how?

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

...emmm...i'm exceptionally dim when it comes to anything remotely concerning any file after a dot... Your original plug was to include additional music in rebellion...right?

..emmm..that's what I mean...all of that flew right past me onto the wall above my wardrobe...it's currently oozing like slime down the wall and landing in globs on various bits of paper...I think it's evolving into some form of life form :!::!::!::!:

Gosh, hang on in there dude! Wait! Eh, some kind of tenticle? What the F...

gurgle....gulp....aghaaa...splutter...cough....gurgle...

No no, it's okay Jahled, they're just strange shadows, calm down. Dammit man, calm down!!!

How about setting up the game with it's own music, but like our avatars, an option to get it from somewhere else as well, so you can build your own playlist so to speak?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Or Tenacious D

Or Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition,

Or Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries,

Or the Shrek Album....... :D

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

I think it kicks arse! Great idea, Swarmer! 8)

It shouldn't be that much larger file sizes, and even if it was, doesn't everyone have 20 GB+ hard drives (at the very least)?

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

This is good. I touch of Motorhead or Iron Maiden as we lay waste to rebel fleets is in everyone's interests!

I have a feeling though, other people sharing our respective households might view us even more strangley than ever when it comes to our esoteric past time!

Can it be done?

I see no reason why not, other games have songlists, so all we have to do is make sure that the songs are in the right format, either .wma or .mp3 should do it.

I see no reason why not, other games have songlists, so all we have to do is make sure that the songs are in the right format, either .wma or .mp3 should do it.

Check out his most recent State of the Galaxy Address. Basically he knows what he's doing, just not when he's going to have time to do it.