**Rebellion 2 Pre-Birthday Update!!**

DavidAdas

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REBELLION 2

Because you guys have been so patient and awesome, I've decided to post a screenshot of what I've got thus far:

((Take note that what you see is not an indication of what's completed, only those INTERFACE features which are completed.))

((Oh, and also... this interface isn't canon and is likely to change. ESPECIALLY those boxes representing the planets. What was I thinking?))

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6489/reb2ss.th.png

• 1. The character, regiment (ground forces), building, starship, and starfighter classes are COMPLETELY FINISHED!!
  • 2. And, as the picture shows, the information for each character, regiment, building, and so on has been COMPLETED AS WELL!!!
  • 3. A NewGame class is almost finished as well. Currently it gives each side their main characters, planets, and the lists of things you can build
  • 4. Although not all planets and systems are shown/completed, a great deal of progress has been made (as, as you can see, planets can hold objects)
  • 5. Also, some of the smaller things (such as multiple unit selection) are on their way as well.

Come the 29th of April, I will have officially been working on this game for a year. I'm extremely proud of what I have thus far... especially considering the fact that I've done this in my free time and have been the only programmer :lol: Without getting too mushy, though, I want to thank you guys for your support. Certainly it's taken a grueling @$$load of work to get this far and will take three times that to finish, but your all's patience and support has gone a looonnggg way. I've really appreciated it, guys! *Coughs* But erm... anywho...

At the moment I'm starting on the missions. Getting the 'Move' and 'Build" functions to work will really be a huge grand-slam in terms of progress. Sadly, though, while the 'Move' class may not be too much trouble, the 'Build' will be because it requires me to do the one thing I hate more than ANYTHING else: making more in-game windows. Either way, I will be posting up all my code thus far soon. So be looking for that!

Have a wonderful day kiddos!

Haha, thanks :D

Honestly though I may just be able to have the interface done by the time December rolls around. That would essentially mean everything except the 3D space battles and the enemy AI (and all the networking garbage). At that point I will likely finish the AI and the decision generator for space and ground battles, release that as a beta, then dive right into the 3D stuff.

I'm hoping to have something impressive enough at that point, though, to have someone come along and say -- "Sweet game! Let me draw some stuff for ya!" Because damn I could use an artist.

Well don't everyone reply at once :P

Keep up the good work. Good things come to those who wait. The forums have been abit slow lately (mostly from a lack of good SW topics), so don't expect a flood of responses. But the lurkers are keeping tabs on your progress. :wink:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

:P Wow! I just seen this post! Yes a year of work, it does take ALOT of work to do a remake. Especially if your doing it for free and by yourself. It looks like you are getting along the way to a finished game. It is a good thing there are alot of peeps on their own projects, because who knows what or which one actually makes it into reality in the end?

It looks like DavidAdas you maybe just very well be the one who finially made a Rebellion 2! You got the hard part done, and yes it does take alot of time, but it will be worth it. Maybe George himself will give you a contract to make the real Rebellion 2 for the PC computers. You never know! 8)

I really hope you can finish it, and good work my friend! You are our last hope. :wink:

Keep up the good work. Good things come to those who wait. The forums have been abit slow lately (mostly from a lack of good SW topics), so don't expect a flood of responses. But the lurkers are keeping tabs on your progress. :wink:

Ahh it's no sweat! My comment was more or less poking fun at the sluggish forum discussions as of late. That is good to know, though, that people are checking in! They really should because very soon I'll need some new ideas and interface suggestions. I'll need as many as I can get! :)

:P Wow! I just seen this post! Yes a year of work, it does take ALOT of work to do a remake. Especially if your doing it for free and by yourself. It looks like you are getting along the way to a finished game. It is a good thing there are alot of peeps on their own projects, because who knows what or which one actually makes it into reality in the end?

It looks like DavidAdas you maybe just very well be the one who finially made a Rebellion 2! You got the hard part done, and yes it does take alot of time, but it will be worth it. Maybe George himself will give you a contract to make the real Rebellion 2 for the PC computers. You never know! 8)

I really hope you can finish it, and good work my friend! You are our last hope. :wink:

You always make my day, Slocket. Seriously I just put your comment on my Facebook wall and titled it: Things which make my day.

As for Lucas, though, I think I'd be able to convince him of the market value in this game if he were to ever contact me. One small goal is to make this game impressive enough to attract his attention. Because LucasArts is looking to outsource their games, it's very possible he might actually consider publishing it. Of course, at that point though, it'd no longer be open source :P

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Every couple of years I pull out my Rebellion game to play. This time I went to see if I could find any more downloads besides the 1.01 version. Not only do I get 1.02, but possibly a Rebellion 2. I never thought it possible. Thanks for keeping up with this timeless classic.

Empire forever!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Supremacy, as it was marketed in the UK, is curiously the only PC game I couldn't let go of, once I migrated to a Mac :)

Still there on my shelf

• Like 1
http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif