Welcome Anonymous!
We host quality Star Wars sites - inquire at The Star Wars Rebellion Network  
SW:Rebellion Network
imminent-bean

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars Rebellion 2: Path to Power
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:02 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

I'd like to offer myself to this project for moral support, testing, and design suggestions.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:37 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

I've been lurking for more years than I'd care to mention as I don't have anything of value to contribute, however I do hope sometime you (or someone else) are able to give us a Reb 2. Best of luck and keep motivated.[list=][/list]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:54 am 
<!-- Lieutenant //-->

Latest update:

XNA4 upgrade complete. Working on some performance enhancements because its not the fastest design out however can't really do a full performance test till everything is in.

To Timoteo, Ive sent you a PM .

And thanks for the support murph. Depending on my increasingly busy schedule, I hope to have at least some form of game out by years end.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:50 am 
<!-- Lieutenant //-->

Completed a few of the GUI's I need such as Main Build, Production Dialog, and Production Popups.

Need to complete these few thousand more:
- Battle
- Message/MessageManager
- Mission
- Fleets
- Characters
- System/Character/Fleet overviews
- Probably missed a few in there.

Currently taking a break from production of GUI's and concentrating in creating a workable QuadTree for rendering and collision detection to increase frame-rates and make it far more scalable. GUI work is generally unfun and involves many numbers so its good to get out and work on actual algorithms for a while.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:44 pm 
<!-- Colonel -->

You have done a lot of work. I hope you can get it finished some time. It is a bigger game than I thought to program. You are the one to succeed where no one else has. I seen how much code is written on the web site. That is quite a bit of programming.

My project version went into game limbo...I do not know if it will ever be completed. I used a simple language and I am paying the cost now it as it became bigger. I only know that simpler language. It was made to do simple things fast. For large games such as Rebellion, a person must use a real, more difficult language that requires a real education.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:04 pm 
<!-- Lieutenant //-->

Thats the benefit of XNA. Makes the graphics parts much simpler to code than in say C++ with OpenGL/DirectX. C# is such a nice language to code in. I am also very far from a complete game so you dont have to worry there Slocket. It will be a personal accomplishment and mean a lot to me if I get it to a playable stage though.

My problem is that on top of my 20 hours a week at Uni, I just got 2 jobs which take up around 30 hours per week. So my free time has dwindled to zero. I try and get on and do a chunk a couple of times a week though. I havent actually updated the code on the codeplex website since I upgraded to XNA4, so I should do that soon.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:18 am 
<!-- Lieutenant //-->

Good luck on this. If any of these engines gets to the point where things start to become playable, I'll model at least one of the high-tech Rebel ships.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:49 am 
<!-- Lieutenant //-->

6 weeks and almost no work done on my engine. Unfortunately it was semesters end as well as the combination of starting two new jobs. However, 3/4 uni exams done and my work load is cutting back to standard full time hours I should be able to fit in more coding and work on game time.

Been a good break from the coding side of things and ready to dive back in and finish up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:41 pm 
<!-- Lieutenant //-->

steel wrote:
Currently taking a break from production of GUI's and concentrating in creating a workable QuadTree for rendering and collision detection to increase frame-rates and make it far more scalable. GUI work is generally unfun and involves many numbers so its good to get out and work on actual algorithms for a while.

Investigation of getting a QuadTree going. Managed to get it working and working good. Raised FPS heaps. The only problem was that I struggled to get a way to draw 2 of the quads when the camera intersected them without too many calculations to make it not worthwhile. I went back to my old approach and will continue to work using that unless the FPS becomes unbearable.

I fixed a fair few input issues I had and now mouse scrolling and edge scrolling work fine. May add variables so the user can control it however its not really neccessary. Might be time to jump back in to GUI work. Shudder ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:22 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

:D Keep up the good work!

This looks good!

If I can help let me know.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:15 am 
<!-- Major //-->

Hello guys.
I want to offer that i will make the characters game pictures.
Once i've talked about this with Slocket too.
I've remade the Reloaded's char pictures at 60-70 %, only 30% of chars lacking to finish.
I have many high quality pictures that i've gathered for my mod, i can offer theese pictures for this project.

http://www.4shared.com/file/cpd6Dbvs/Re ... _char.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/aJUWuOca/Re ... _char.html

Here are the remaded characters, try them in REBED. And give a feedback :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:23 pm 
<!-- Admiral -->

You have been working on this for awhile; I'm afraid I cannot offer programming or graphical help, but if you want feedback on design ideas I will help.

Also, once you reach an alpha build, I can help test for you. I've beta tested five or six commercial games, and helped with the Rebellion Reloaded testing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:49 pm 
<!-- Lieutenant //-->

Well its been a stupendously busy summer for me and my degree(electrical engineering) is not getting any easier. With the time I have between work and study combined with my first child on the way time is slowly running out. I have to decide between knuckling down and knocking this out enough for someone to be convinced that all the hard works done or abandon entirely.

Ive chosen to knuckle down. Over the next few weeks, hopefully Ill have a major release out.

Congrats to Slocket on his output and remake. Starting to look the goods.

More information to come later.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:59 pm 
<!-- Admiral -->

Yay! Its good to see that another project hasn't bit the dust. Let us know how we can help, be it bouncing ideas or testing.

Congrats with your first child! When is the expected delivery date?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:42 pm 
<!-- Lieutenant //-->

Soonish, I will need people to test my game so Ill be sure to send you a copy Xan

20th July. So only 4 months left of freedom ;)

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next