Yuuzhan Vong

ADarkJedi44

The Vong should be playable in Rebellion2. They should start with a large fleet (with fighters, troops etc.)but no planets. They also shouldn't be able to build ships, troops etc.. But there could be traitors that join them.

So what do you think?

Sweat saves blood-Erwin Rommel

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like an option to have factions to appear at a time you specify when you start a new game.

Year: 20 Years After ROTJ

Faction: Vong

Strength: Powerful

Something like this.

Hmm, interesting, if you had a fleet of Vong, would there be a problem with maintenance points if they started off with some huge fleet and no planets?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Guest JediIgor
They have planetships, but those are all dying because of "maintenance problems" -- the shapers can keep them alive for a little bit of time, but that is why the Yuuzhan Vong must quickly expand and capture planets.

i think that there should be a "Vong Forming" option. like if you take over one of the Vong's planets you will have to start from scratch and vice versa. The canpaign should start a little bit into the vong assult so that the vong start off with a few planets and the Republic has some too (it should be kinda equal). The Republic should be aware of the "Shield Ripping" tactic. So that the begning of the game is not only finding out about an enemy that you already "Know" about. R & D shoud be developping some of the varoius tactics that were used against the vong. If anybody wants some more detales you can contact me becaus i could go on and on (practicly design the whole thing other than the graphics and code...)
The Force is one and all

Sounds like a good idea for the game, or maybe a tc for the current game...

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Along the "Vong forming" idea - i was just thinking that the Republic has never taken over a Vong formed planet. In the game the Republic should be able to take ofer vong planets.

When the vong take over a Republic planet or a planet with technologie onboard it will take a few turns to make it receptive to Vong technology.

The start should compose of the Republic owning most of the galaxy but having a pathetic fleet. The vong should start with a large fleet (because of the worldships matanence is raised) an a few planets(mabye one full sector).

R and D for the Republic side should consist of:

Troops - leading up to Lando's Vong robots

Ships - expanding internal compensators, modifying laser strenght (more shots), the newest shield tech(shields that turn on and off quickly to prevent sucking) and the tech that hasent been tested yet, the Yammosk Jammer

Facilities - booby traps for vongforming delay and the old-fasion more efficent buildings

recurting characters could be trying to find new characters and getting people to return from retirement... And for the vong would be promotiong current characters and creating new characters from the troops.

Vong Troops could include:

Voxyn

Vong warriors

Preists

and so on

And Republic troops:

Jedi warriors

and so on

The idea with factions is a good idea and i think that some of the factions could be as follows:

Vong

Republic

Imperial Remenant

Hutt's

Peace Brigade

Hapons

Corellians

Both sides will be able to send diplomats to their space to attempt to win them over to their sind at any time ar just go in and take over. While the game is in progrres one could try to get the leaders to betray their current masters (sabataging ships, letting fleets go by "undetected" and other things)

the ability to capture ships should be a posibilityin this game(the vong allies could capture ships from the other side due to the vong's hatred of technology.

sabatage missions for the Republic could be "modifying" the masses of vong ships to confuse sensors and vong could plant various creatures on republic ships.

Eventually the vong will have to kill off all technologie and vice versa. I think that that would be a good end of the game.

People shuld post technical names of all vong tech and all tech used by the republic (ships in perticular so it is know what is able to be built)

These are only my ideas (I could also think of some more over time)

Mabye we should make this a more than 2 player game ar an option to do so option. Also if a team is put together to start all the technical work and hashing out the detales. We could start a sign up sheet somewhere?

Just an idea...

The Force is one and all

the game will be modded to rebellion 2 and will be highly customizable so we could probly make the factions whatever we want
Why are people afraid to die? It is a natural part of life. Life and Death. They go together. Some people are just willing to speed up that process.

I LOVE THOSE IDEAS!!!

I think the different factions including chiss and the peace brigade are perfect. I would love to play a game of REB II and be able to sign a treaty with the Chiss or the REmnant or even the hutts to expose of the Vong.

This Question must of undoutedly come up before.

Do we make this game so the war against the imperials and VOng are seperate options to fight or do we make them all one big war with the introduction of The VOng and the rest when the Imperials are defeated?

Me for one would love to see the game so both the wars are joint so you bring in your fleets and your casualties from the war with the imperials into the war with the vong. This could work well for both teams as I would love to see how the Imperials would cope with the VOng. But if you choose to fight with the Vong maybe you could have a small war with the chiss to scratch up on skills with your fleet then choose to fight either the REbs or the IMps.

\

Mabye the AI in the game will notice who i s attacking who and retaliate accordingly. So if you wish to attack a faction they will retaliate, call for help form you ennemies or even surrender outright. Thats what i was thinking.
The Force is one and all

I am thinking one big war, but not one at a time. I think that when the appropriate number of years have passed, the new races should introduce themselves. Then we could see some kind of alliance negotiations (even Rebel/Empire), backstabbings, etc.. I think this should be one of the single-player AND multi-player game modes. Until the other players get to use their race, they could watch game messages (like say Sabotage, but not things like R&D, Jedi Training, etc.), observe battles, and even watch player's actions if those players say it's okay.
Hello

i like he idea for SP but in MP i should all tart at the same time o increase the speed of gameplay, for sp you just kind of save and doa little at a time unless you got a lot of time, so MP games should be a little bit shorter and fast gameplay for example i dont know about you guys but generally when i play sp i play huge galaxy on slow to me speed but in mp i play med or small galaxy on medium or fast
Why are people afraid to die? It is a natural part of life. Life and Death. They go together. Some people are just willing to speed up that process.

I get the horrible feeling that Greg said Reb II would be multiplayer only, which is bad news for me.... :(