Request for Ideas

SithMaster

Hello Everyone,

The 'project' is coming along nicely and we are now in the stage of gathering everyones ideas for what they would like included in the game so that it is most enjoyable to them.

For now I am requesting general ideas or (any) ideas you have, in the future I will probably have more specific questions to ask.

Plus if anyone is ambitious and is willing to scour these forums to compile a list of previous ideas people had that would help a lot and would be a worthy contribution. 8)

Please use the following 'form' to fill out your requests, so it stays in an easy to gather format.

Your Nickname:

Biggest Problems With SW Reb:

Features You Liked the Most About SW Reb:

Features In Other Games You Want Included:

Other Must Have Features:

Nickname: Kaja

Biggest Problems With SW Reb: Too little Ships/Characters.

Features You Liked the Most About SW Reb: You Get to Command Large Fleets

Features In Other Games You Want Included: Hegemonia LOI's Reasearch System

Other Must Have Features: ---|

|

3D Galaxy, Rotatable, Zoomable.

Multiplayer.

In-game Designsable Ships.

Infinate Game Time.

Possible Multi-Galactic ability.

Command Your Own Flagship In battle.

Ability to Designs Your Character(or Atleast Gender)

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/Dave-Mastor/Cluster6.jpg

Guest Scathane

Your Nickname: Scathane

Biggest Problems With SW Reb: graphics

Features You Liked the Most About SW Reb: character missions/features & tactical battles

Features In Other Games You Want Included: insertion of unused dll material

Other Must Have Features: good new graphics, animation and sound

Interessting game.

But i think we would be working on a more "offline" type of game. If you see what i mean.

Whoops! :oops:

I should have been more specific. Since it is made in Java (we are considering that as an option) I thought it would provide a good early benchmark.

I was most interested in what people thought of the user interface for that game. That is the one area where we might be able to learn something.

SM

Valorum Kore

Biggest Problem w/ Rebellion: The 'every once in a while' glitch that froze my comp going into or coming out of armada battles. Not nearly enough characters or ships.

Reb. Features Most Liked: Random Jedi Discovery and the ability to train Jedi. Delveloping strategies with diferent sized fleets. Variable starting stats.

Other Desired Features: 1. 3rd Party Option - I always wanted to be the Ruler/Leader of a small fledgling planet and try to rise my Nation to Power. Star off in your Own sector of the Galaxy. Recruit you own set of characters. If some of them ever come across a Force User (Luke, Vader, ect.), they might be able to be train and use the force for your ends. Start out with a fleet of old antiquated starfighters and ships (Z-95, R-41, Prequel ships) and instead of simply researching to obtain better ships, you can actually steal one, (or steal prototype scematics) from either the Rebels or the Imperials, and improve your fleet that way. Of course you may have to defend yourself from Rebel or Imperial reprisals.

2. Deep Space Points and Asteriod Fields - The only place where anything happens is in a specific sector. There are no Deep Space points between the sectors where nemerous actions could take place. One could place Golan Space Stations or Shipyards or even put a interdictor fleet there to ambush an opposing massing armada. With Deep Space Asteriods one could mine for resourses or have secret Space Stations hidden within a la the X-Wing series.

Well that's it for now... I have a few more ideas that I just need to brainstorm a little more...

Mooninites Unite!!!

Your Nickname: Vector

Biggest Problems With SW Reb: Lack of diversity of characters and ships, also the space combat engine *shudders* -ONE BIGGIE- That the Rebels can NEVER rebuild their HQ if it gets destroyed.

Features You Liked the Most About SW Reb: The overall style of the game.

Other Must Have Features: 3D GUI, Hyperspace routes. MUST be able to concentrace multiple facilities on multiple planets to "mass build" to one location, also control over each individual facility rather than having to select them as a group. Also power generators to add on to the "maximum world power" idea, ie you have to build a generator (or one is built) for each facility, and are succeptable to destruction but are easier to replace.

ONe thing we should do is read the tests the different sites such as gamespot did for SWR and improve the interface based on that and our own ideas.

I also like Valorum Kore's idea of starting as a third party.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

ONe thing we should do is read the tests the different sites such as gamespot did for SWR and improve the interface based on that and our own ideas.

I also like Valorum Kore's idea of starting as a third party.

That's a good idea Mad... I saw that review years ago but forgot about it, thanks for pointing it out!

The way I had planned the game so far you could choose any of the (up to) 8 factions and play them, depending on the 'scenario'.

Well, back to work on the rq document.... :)

Will post an update to the forums tommorrow.

SithMaster

Nickname:

AdmiralFishface

Biggest Problems With SW Reb:

Low moddability, ancient graphics (I don't care about 3D, just kill the darn color palettes!)

Features You Liked the Most About SW Reb:

The character and mission system, the overall scale of the game.

A trade system, more controllable research (as in Civ, MoO, Alpha Centauri, and all those)

Other Must Have Features:

Third party factions, better AI of system governments (them building garrisons, ships, defenses, better interaction with player (or any at all)

A diplomacy system that goes beyond 'send character on mission'

A unit experience system

Maybe a unit morale system

Assigning characters to fighter squadrons, troops, specific ships, production facilities

Nothing we haven't heard before in this forum...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/RiesstiuIV/Krempel/trapaure.gif

I'd like to continue on the 3rd Party Option which seems to be big on the wish list now...

Starting Ships I think would most likey be as I said - Z-95s, R-41s, T-Wings, and prolly a few of the Prequel ships... Now not only would I like for my own scientists to research better ships, weapons, and facilities, but I would love to be able to got on stealing missions to obtain prototypes and top-secret scematics. One scenario could go down like this... You recieve information (informants, spy missions, recent battles, ect.) on the whereabouts on a new ship or fighter... You would then need to set-up a strike force to go in and disable and capture said vessle. Think the capture missions in the X-Wing/Tie Fighter series without the joystick. You would also need some kind of Comando team (or teams) to overwelm and take over the ship depending on its size... (Side Note: any type of ship should be able to be stolen! With exception of a Death Star of course) Once you get it back to one of your bases or shipyards you can analyze it and within a few weeks start to be able to make more... Now if in the process of the mission any of your own ships or personell get captured then the faction you're thieving from might be able to (and most likely would) go after you, so you would have to conduct your mission very carefully...

Opinions? Feedback would be appreciated... 8):wink:

Mooninites Unite!!!

Nickname: Hypertuna

Biggest Problems with SW Reb: Too few established planets, it took a long time to develop them to full potential.

Features you liked the most about SW Reb: Covert missions, conquering planets, and that we finally got a star wars theme strategy game

Features in other games you want included: A good story line, like all of the great games KOTOR, starcraft, warcraft...

Other must have features: Planets that when you control them you gain the technology. Mon cal you get the mon cal cruisers, corellia you get to use the established ship yards, etc.

• 1 month later...

Nickname: Aenivae Ikeda

Biggest Problems with SW Reb: Terrible Graphics, Bad combat sequences, not enough Jedi training going on, piss poor AI

Features you liked the most about SW Reb: Jedi Training, Diplomacy.

Features in other games you want included: Some of the Civ3 diplomacy added in, also some things from Jedi Knight and X-wing alliance that I will put a description of:

Other must have features:

For one I think that each ground unit, stormtroopers, darktrooper etc. should all have interchangable weapons. Like that suit the situation. Equip them with certain rifles or missle launcher for defense, whereas certain weapons for offense. Also I think that darktroopers should be able to battle jedi, as they do in the books.

Second, I think the same thing should be done for starfighters, equip them with standard proton torpedoes for dog fights, and concussion rockets when attacking starships.

I'd also like to see more force sensitive characters, and I'd like to see bigger advantages to having certain characters being with a fleet.

I'll have plenty more later so I'll post em when they come up.

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

----------------- ATTENTION --------------------------

Please consider this thread dead now. If you have

any ideas or suggestions post them in response to

the upcoming requirements document that the

GaW team members are helping to edit right now.

Once they are done everyone in the forums will

get their chance to chime in on what they think

should be in the game.

-----------------------------------------------------------