SW Reb 2 - Let's Work Together!!

SithMaster

hmm... Well we could always just name the project after the engine... something like (Throwing random names at you all!!! Mwahahaha)

Actually.. I just thought of a really cool name :D

Extent

ty to thesaurus.com ^_^

whaddaya reckon? (for the engine only, not the sw mod)

I need some sleep... catchya in 8 hours or so ;)

I setup a post that is specifically for game names, I'll monitor it during the next few weeks. Until then I should probably get back to sorting through all the ideas and finalizing the requirements document (similar to the 'design document' already released) so we can work from something semi-official.

SM

I should probably include a link to that post... :oops:

http://www.swrebellion.com/postt2083.html

Please send all name suggestions to that post.

Hi there.

Saddly, I don't have a strong skill to give for the project, but I can offer testing time. I have so much time in my hands that I can help in the testing phase. If I can find a new skill to give, I will let you know.

"May the force be with the pizza guy. I want it in less that 30 mins or less."

You can kill me later, thank you.

I want you to join KoC.

hmm... Well we could always just name the project after the engine... something like (Throwing random names at you all!!! Mwahahaha)

Actually.. I just thought of a really cool name :D

Extent

I like the sound of 'Extent Engine / Toolkit'.

I registered the project on SourceForge using the name 'Galaxy at War' and we can call the engine: The Extent ?

.... :)

Mad78's name was great for public consumption but since you're working on the engine we can call it extent - that is a suitable name.

Regards,

SithMaster

excellent :D

In case anyone cares (I don't care if these get used or not... they're free so what the hell) I updated the name of the invision free forums I made....

http://s7.invisionfree.com/Extent

Meh.

This is sounding really cool so far :D

Any news on the document so far or teams?

Guest JediIgor

Well, this all just seems like a lot of speculation, and you really haven't used the Rebellion 2 wiki that EvilleJedi has linked you to for some reason (btw, that's the first time I've seen him speak outside of HW.. that must mean it's gotta be something important ;)), I'm just really doubtful about all this.

You do know that there were several attempts before this? I remember of JediGreg's years of speculation .. and then another one's, and another one's, and lately I've thrown out the idea of developing a sequel to Rebellion. Then again, maybe your post count is low because you have been skulking the forums? :)

I do have some questions for you.. what language(s) do you plan to use (base engine language, scripting language, rendering language, etc). , how do you plan to avoid copyright issues, what your estimated time of completition is, and why you decided to post this idea now (anything to do with Empire at War being announced?)

Anyways, I hope I'll be able to talk to you live sometime, this all sounds really interesting!

If this project gets off the ground I'd happily lend my assistance in many fields. I do have a lot on my belt at the moment building portfolio work for university and such, but with no rush I'm sure I could give consistent work.

Skills:

- C++

- OpenGL

- Win32 API

- General Design (perhaps just few ideas along the way, but you're all probably more knowledged in Rebellion than I)

kaelic-pleasenospam-@ntlworld.com

Hi people ;)

I'd really like to take part in this project as I am a long-date starwars fan and rebellion player. I have no particular skills in programming or any technical things but I've a lot of ideas for the gameplay and I know pretty good the starwars universe I could be one of your designers for the story and moreover I'm french and I've got some quite strong skills in english so I could make the french translation, help or whatever ...

So if you accept me you have a new member in your team ;)

waiting for your answer ....

bye

Ben