Volunteers needed to make Rebellion II

Gleem

Me and some newfound friends on this forum have decided that if we want to make Rebellion II, a reality, then we will have to put our own backs into it and not wait for any other developer to do it for us. Let write a new game ourselves!!

To develop this game we need several volunteers willing to contribute themselves to a long and difficult project. We will need people with programming expertise, graphical artists, make-up :P , catering (very important..), but most of people with a love for Star Wars interested to try and develop a good game together.

** THIS IS NOT A THREAD FOR DISCUSSING IDEAS FOR REBELLION 2.

We will discuss those when we have formed a basic group of people willing to commit or at least seriously talk about it. If you think you can contribute to making a new computergame worthy of being a sequal to rebellion II please write down your name here and what you think you can contribute.

"When you take water and pour it into a cup, it BECOMES the cup. When you put the water in a bowl it becomes the bowl. Be smart, be like water my friend.."-Bruce Lee

Ok, I will start..

My name is Gleem, I am from Holland and I think I can contribute to this game as a writer. I have also studied communication and part of that program was about creative directing. I think I could be a very good creative director, though I admitt to having no prior experience as such.

I also have a lot of time on my hands and if we can really get a couple of people together to do this thing I am willing to postpone going to college next year and seriously work on this project. I think it would be fun and educational experience and I have always played games so it would be great to design one.

"When you take water and pour it into a cup, it BECOMES the cup. When you put the water in a bowl it becomes the bowl. Be smart, be like water my friend.."-Bruce Lee

Woo-hoo, I'm in!

Admiral Fishface

I'd do graphic arts, bits of writing, voice-acting (though I doubt anyon would like to hear me)

Specialties: Character portraits, special effects (BOOM!), Stupid jokes (probably not used, but you never know...)

I'm studying for the next decade or so, and am willing to redirect large amounts of my time to this project that would otherwise not be put to good use anyway.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/RiesstiuIV/Krempel/trapaure.gif

:arrow: Hey dudes you could start a new rebellion design bureau .... remember RDB II :)....you should call your self RDB III :wink:

:arrow: What about makeing a new game ....free....then the fans of that game will make a SW mod to it :).....basicaly the same people..... :wink:

:arrow: ....I will wach the development of this topic with interest :)...good luck !

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

• SWR Staff - Executive

So looks to be our third group to attempt this.

First JediGreg, no word from him recently.

Next programmermatt, and his open source project - no news on his site.

So best of luck Gleem. Hope you find some programmers dedicated to making this.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

At least I have the benefit of learning from the other people's mistakes, though I am bound to make a couple myself here and there.

I think creating a computergame would be cool. Phantasy and games are two things I love. I did enroll myself into a college course for journalism next year, but I am not totally sure that I want to do that at this stage in my life. I'd like to get a little crazy, maybe..

Is JediGreg still a member? I could try to contact him and ask him if he would be willing to join our little 'rebellion' 2. Also maybe I should look in other places for programmers interested in Star Wars.

What sort of language do they need to be qualified in, anyways?

• 3 months later...

Hey, I'm up but Check out my post i made before: "Star Wars Rebellion 2 Game Development - The Real Thing"

I only noticed this one after I already posted mine.

Ps Let me know what you think

.......Woah... this post is ancient... how'd it get up the top?!